RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:52:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 4/16/08 - Goldeneye, 11 years later 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Do you still play Goldeneye regularly and if you do, single or multiplayer?
Nope never did
Not anymore
Once in a long while
I like to play or beat it at least once a year
Yes all the time, as good as ever
Tan your a bastard for not putting it in your Top 5!
When Perfect Dark came out I moved on

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 4/16/08 - Goldeneye, 11 years later  (Read 6489 times)
Tan
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 11:49:36 PM »

Never really liked it or it's follow up on the cube.

It's follow up on the cube?  What game was that?!

I was wondering the same thing. None of the Bond games are sequels to GE007, not even GoldenEye Rogue Agent for the GCN/XB/PS2/DS, it just happens to have a similar name used for a different purpose.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 06:28:47 AM »

Never really liked it or it's follow up on the cube.

It's follow up on the cube?  What game was that?!

I was wondering the same thing. None of the Bond games are sequels to GE007, not even GoldenEye Rogue Agent for the GCN/XB/PS2/DS, it just happens to have a similar name used for a different purpose.
Nightfire was very similar, maybe that's what he's talking about? Or maybe Timesplitters 2, not a Bond game of course, but still very similar?

DefaultGen
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 10:01:03 AM »

I often speed run games with my friends here at college.  Goldeneye is one I do all the time because:

- The game is only a couple hours long
- It's the best damn single player FPS ever made
- Control is awesome
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 07:48:27 PM »

Sorry, forgot to check back on this topic. I guess it wasn't a sequel. You'll have to forgive my lack of interest in them both, as a result both games seemed the same to me. It was some 007 FPS on Gamecube I had played that had two discs to it. That's about all I remember.

SparkB
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 09:06:55 PM »

Well, this game started the first person  shooter craze for me,  it was absolutly the best  game in its time, first person shooter wise. I  remember going over to a friends house, when i didnt have a 64,  and played it for hours,  then got 2 other friends hooked on  it, well it all began there,  eventually getting 64, this game was a must to  buy, it had all the perfect  parts to make up a perfect multiplayer shooter. I  still own the game,  but when perfect dark came out, that game was also a must for those multipl;ayer hang  outs, cept this game,  you could add bots. Its funny when you look  back on it,  seing how those games were the best  of t he best,  but when online games came out,  that  you  could play agaisnt people anywhere,  well , games like goldeneye dont have much gameplay  left. Instead  of playing 4 people agaisnt eachother,  now its up to  32 and what not depends on  the game.  I think game s like call of duty 4, with fall deeply into same category  as goldeneye,  only with time.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 01:05:00 AM »

In all fairness towards Golden Eye tough I have never been a fan of the 007 franchise, so it was always going to be an uphill battle.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 01:34:57 AM »

Ah, piss off person who never gave it a chance >Cheesy

When shall his new form be revealed?
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 09:36:30 PM »

Goldeneye is still awesome, and the 'sequels' by the same team (Perfect Dark and Timesplitters 2) are both awesome as well. Best FPS series imo.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 07:34:00 AM »

When I'm in the mood for a N64 romp I play Goldeneye.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 09:41:17 AM »

I haven't played it, but I'm eyeing a N64 (don't own one) on eBay right now with Goldeneye as one of the included games Tongue

I found Timesplitters: Future Perfect an awesome game (also by Free Radical) but I read that their newest, Haze, isn't that good at all.

Ooooh, just remembered I watched the movie Goldeneye a week or so ago, was pretty fun Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length