RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:56:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 4/28/08 Imports 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Simple question folks.  Do you import and if so, why.
Yes, even for systems I dont own   -4 (12.1%)
Yes, only for systems I do own   -7 (21.2%)
Yes, only select titles that I want   -13 (39.4%)
No, I dont want to/know how to play them on my systems   -2 (6.1%)
No, but I want to   -3 (9.1%)
No, my country gets enough game releases each year   -4 (12.1%)
No, I hate imports   -0 (0%)
Games are stupid, go play outside   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 4/28/08 Imports  (Read 9167 times)
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 08:45:44 PM »

No, I don't want to/know how to play them on my systems.

For me, it's not worth the hassle of getting a compatible console to play them on. And I don't mod my consoles.
I was the same way until I learned  how easy it was to play imports on certain systems that I have. For example, with the Dreamcast (the first system I ever bought an  import for), all you had to do was download a boot disk from the internet, burn it to a CD, put it in your Dreamcast, then put the import game in the system and it will work. The DS, PSP, and PS3 have made importing even more appealing because they can run any game from any region WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATIONS. You just play them as a normal game. I just wish that the US PS3 could play Japanese PS1/PS2 games without any mods. Dammit Sony, you guys screwed that up. Sad

But since I know you're a 360 guy, there are actually some games out there that you can play on your machine without modifications. It all depends on the game and if there is region protection on the disc. Here's a handy little guide to help you figure out what imports can run on your 360:
http://gaming.wikia.com/w...egion_Free_Xbox_360_Games

Got one of those links handy for the regular x-box?  I got 4 imports comin and wouldnt mind knowing if any will work.  I've checked and so far cant find any info on what Japanese x-box games work on a N/A system.  Just what N/A games work on Euro or Japanese systems.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 11:30:21 PM »

I went with Yes for systems i don't even own.

The only imports i actively seek are Mortal Kombat ones.

Though i have Ty the Tasmanian Tiger(Xbox) from Singapore
MK games from Europe, Brazil and Japan
PC games from Europe, and i believe Singapore as well(possibly somewhere in Arabia too)
Res Evil DS l from Portugal/Spain

I don't really have that many import games but if i stumble across them i will pick them up just because i like them as oddities.

SparkB
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 09:26:54 PM »

I chose only for game systems i  own,  just simply because if i came across an import that was pretty cheap,  id pick  it up for the heck of it just  to add to the collection.
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 08:46:24 AM »

Yes, look at the JPN Saturn for a good enough reason to import. Yes I know there are some of the same games on the PS, but I never owned a PS until three years ago. Tongue

Slowly building an ammo fort.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 08:50:12 AM »

Mostly just games I want

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 02:02:44 PM »

Just the games I want, the only one I have imported is Mother 3 I think.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 03:47:37 AM »

The German version of The Witcher had infinitely more tits, so I got that.

When shall his new form be revealed?
wccw mark
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 08:57:12 AM »

i have some imports.mainly on saturn,mega drive,and psx
pdrydia
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 10:32:38 AM »

Yeah, I've imported a handful of DS & GBA games. I'm a big puzzler fan, which pretty much renders any potential language barriers null, and it's not so hard to get puzzle games on the cheap--even imports.

There's actually a couple European DS games I've had my eye on for a while, but I haven't found a way to buy them outside of ebay--Amazon.co.uk won't sell/ship to U.S. buyers, and google won't turn up UK stores for a US searcher (this one, at least). Suggestions would be appreciated.

cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2008, 08:11:07 PM »

Old poll but oh well. I love importing on the Sega Saturn. I don't mind DS or GBA imports either due to regionless hardware and software. Wouldn't mind importing some Turbo CD games since there's also nothing to worry about there on the Duo, but the TG-16 carts are another story. I won't shell out so much to play imports through the adaptor since Puzznic is the only imports I'd want at the moment.

This is all comming from someone who doesn't know a spit of Japanese verbal or written. Subtitles are nice and I'll use a translated walkthrough if available or an American one. Some JPN imports I own are available state-side but would actually cost more to obtain, like a bunch of the RPGs.

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 09:49:05 AM »

Haven't done that ever. Here in Europe, we get most of the releases the US gets, so I have no reason to complain.
Secondly, my collection isn't nearly the size where I would want to search for games outside of my own region, just to buy some more.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 05:53:04 PM »

I voted "Yes, only select titles that I want" because I have gotten a few Japanese Virtual Boy games from Japan a couple of times.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length