RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:22:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Rarest find (In the wild) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Print
Author Topic: Rarest find (In the wild)  (Read 102914 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #180 on: November 12, 2014, 05:23:58 PM »

Central Florida / Orlando. The warehouse where the Cheetahmen carts were stored is somewhat nearby, so copies of Cheetahmen II tend to come up on Craigslist every once in a while. In fact, mine came from the son of a journalist who received a copy to review, who knowingly traded it in to a local Play 'N Trade "for someone else to enjoy", and it was subsequently marked with a generic $2.99 since they couldn't find it in the system (since he looked up Cheetamen II):

(Sorry Duke)
[img width=700 height=524]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-u6M0EdjEH7w/TydaoWNrabI/AAAAAAAAAW4/27lwWRVbYpw/w1239-h929-no/WP_000313.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 05:26:09 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Ack
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2014, 05:26:42 PM »

Wow, you're doing a lot better than I am.  I live up in Atlanta, and besides the lack of retro game stores, I tend not to see too much up here that's really worth pursuing.  Most of my collecting these days is done online or through private sellers.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2014, 05:28:25 PM »

I see rare items all the time, but don't have any extra $ to pick them up. Passed up a Zombie Nation the other day...

Confiusion
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #183 on: January 04, 2015, 06:05:14 AM »

Its pretty hard to get rare items here in germany! The flee markets are full with turkish people who sell the same stupid stuff all the time and most of the privat persons are not selling old stuff either. The other problem is that the most second hand stores here in germany sell their stuff waaaaay too expensive and just have stuff from the ps2 era.

My rarest trophy wasnt that rare to be honest but i think it was waaaaaay to cheap. I got the whole .hack series vol 1-4 as ntsc version on german ebay for about 30 euro, so about 40 dollars.
Bildtstar
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DB Editor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2015, 06:25:51 AM »

Its pretty hard to get rare items here in germany! The flee markets are full with turkish people who sell the same stupid stuff all the time and most of the privat persons are not selling old stuff either. The other problem is that the most second hand stores here in germany sell their stuff waaaaay too expensive and just have stuff from the ps2 era.

I have been to the "Internationaler Flohmarkt" in Bad Bentheim in 2012, and the games were like you said, way too expensive. But I did bought some, didn't want to go home empty-handed.

Oh No! More Lemmings Skylanders...
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #185 on: January 04, 2015, 09:24:36 AM »

I see rare items all the time, but don't have any extra $ to pick them up. Passed up a Zombie Nation the other day...

How Much?

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2015, 09:35:16 AM »

I have been to the "Internationaler Flohmarkt" in Bad Bentheim in 2012, and the games were like you said, way too expensive. But I did bought some, didn't want to go home empty-handed.

I sympathize. I don't think I've ever seen anything good at a flea market in Metro Detroit.  There is a great big one in Romulus, but always present was a delta-bravo dealer who would go around, buy everything up (that was affordable), and kick it up past ebay prices.  I went three times and that was it.  Never walked out with anything but Legos for my kid.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 09:38:40 AM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Confiusion
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #187 on: January 04, 2015, 10:25:14 AM »

Today i saw about 15 turkish seller who sold phone cases... just about 10 guys sold video games at all, 3 of them were professionals und this is what i bought:

gta 5 for 25 euro
quake 3 for ps2 for 10
Gears of war 3 for 10
Tales of symphonia 2 for 15
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #188 on: January 04, 2015, 10:59:37 AM »

I sympathize. I don't think I've ever seen anything good at a flea market in Metro Detroit.  There is a great big one in Romulus, but always present was a delta-bravo dealer who would go around, buy everything up (that was affordable), and kick it up past ebay prices.  I went three times and that was it.  Never walked out with anything but Legos for my kid.

Dixieland in Waterford isn't too bad, assuming you go during the summer when they have vendors set up outside.  Those are usually people just looking to get rid of stuff so their prices aren't terrible.  Just stay away from established vendors. They don't have any real reason to price things decently since they can let their stuff sit there forever.

I haven't been to Gibraltar since Taylor became a ghost town, but apparently my wife likes going to flea markets with me (which I didn't find out until this past summer after 18 years being together.  Weird) so this summer I think we're going to make a few trips out to Mt. Clemens to see what the outside vendors are like.  There is one other flea market that I could mention and there's a good chance you already know about it, but it's been my honey hole for years now so I'm reluctant to even mention it.
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #189 on: March 09, 2015, 07:57:12 PM »

Mine is still probably that Atari Jaguar(Which had five CIB games that included Doom and Wolf3D) for $15.

It's pretty much one of the centerpieces of my collection because I've never seen a scrap of Jag stuff in the wild since then.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:21:07 PM by shoboni » Logged

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #190 on: March 09, 2015, 08:46:57 PM »

I've had a good run of hard to find games in the wild. Not sure what the rarest one is but here is my short list and where I found them.

MUSHA (GEN) $1 cart only at local garage sale, Westland, MI.

The Amazing Spiderman: Web of Fire (32X) $9.99 cart only, Troll And Toad Games & Comics London, KY.

Clay Fighter 63 1/3: Sculptor's Cut (N64) $3.99 cart only, Goodwill Canton, MI.

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (32X) $3.99 for loose cart and later sold separately $3.99 for box, manual and poster at local game store Destiny Games. Canton, MI.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2015, 09:45:13 PM »

I am not too up-to-date on the number of copies for each of those, but I would think it has to be Sculptor's Cut. Once my Company finished closing the Blockbuster stores, anything from there shot up in value. It was also a very limited run by intention, where I don't think the others were as limited.

Found my sculptor's cut in a Gamestop back in the day, the sticker on it was for the original clayfighter 63 1/3 at $4.99. Aside from a lot of my rare 'cube stuff that I bought in the bargain bin back in high school, that 64 game might be one of the best buys I have ever made.

KangaRump
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2015, 12:58:42 PM »

At my local  thrift store they had Beat 'Em and Eat 'Em and Custer's Revenge in the little red colored Mystique cases they couldn't sell them due to adult content so they gave them to me
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2015, 07:58:21 PM »

Mine is still probably that Atari Jaguar(Which had five CIB games that included Doom and Wolf3D) for $15.

It's pretty much one of the centerpieces of my collection because I've never seen a scrap of Jag stuff in the wild since then.

Yeah, I found a Jaguar back in 2001 at a pawn shop, totally complete in box.  That, and a JVC X'Eye, console only at the same pawn shop.  Those 2 things comprise probably my best, and most rare item finds in the wild.

@RazorKnuckles - MUSHA for $1?  Can I just say that you suck?  slick

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2015, 09:48:44 PM »

At my local  thrift store they had Beat 'Em and Eat 'Em and Custer's Revenge in the little red colored Mystique cases they couldn't sell them due to adult content so they gave them to me

Are you kidding me?  They just gave them to you?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length