RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:48:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Rarest find (In the wild) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Rarest find (In the wild)  (Read 102957 times)
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2012, 12:55:43 PM »

My rarest find in the wild? My gamer wife!! Cheesy

Also, it has been rare to find a good gaming collection site with a great community in the 'wilds' of the internet, but I found that a few years ago too. Wink 

My rarest 'finds' were actually from friends looking out for and then selling things to me, so not really in the 'wild' in a sense; those include a sealed NIB Vectrex and over a dozen of the games also NIB, and my original Odyssey with games and the gun CIB, bought from the original owner.  I did pay fairly for them, cheaper than the market at the time but not quite 'cheap'...

Best traditional deals include NES Snow Bros and Little Samson for about $5 apiece, cart only, several years ago.

Keelah se'lai
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2012, 01:21:38 PM »

Tournament fighters nes $5.00 a while back cart only flea market in Cali...suidoken 1, einhander, saga frontier 1 & 2, threads of fate, thousand arms, wild arms all free, dragon force cd only free, bunch of stuff over the years way too many to name off the top of my head.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2012, 02:02:37 PM »

einhander

I got that for free from a dumpster. I gotta say that was a good day, a green label FF7 was one of its brothers.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2012, 10:58:31 AM »

Little Samson cart on craigslist.  $75 for the lot that it was a part of but I'm pretty sure I can sell the rest of the stuff for at least $75.  So, free Little Samson!  It went straight to Duke and his nearly complete NES collection.

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2012, 06:48:49 PM »

Little Samson cart on craigslist.  $75 for the lot that it was a part of but I'm pretty sure I can sell the rest of the stuff for at least $75.  So, free Little Samson!  It went straight to Duke and his nearly complete NES collection.
Happy for Duke but at the same time secretly hate him. lol  If you find another in the future can you put me on your list? Cheesy

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2012, 07:00:30 PM »

Happy for Duke but at the same time secretly hate him. lol  If you find another in the future can you put me on your list? Cheesy

Sure thing!  As long as you keep an eye out for a CIB Web of Fire for me.

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2012, 07:09:14 PM »

So far, Red Baron Flight Simulator for the TI-99/4A in a thrift store bin last year.  I know it's not from as popular a system as the NES, but I paid $0.75 and have yet to see an active listing or recent sale anywhere.  It's listed as extremely rare to the point that I have never even seen a pic of the cart online anywhere. Guess that means I should get it scanned into the database.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2012, 08:11:33 PM »

Exceltec/Data Biotics...they had the most random crap.

jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2012, 12:52:05 PM »

I'm still holding out hope for a super rare find in the wild. I guess the best deal I've been able to score was a CIB Vectrex in pristine condition, all of it's original packing foam intact and a plastic sleeve to cover it. It came with one extra game. I dealt the guy down to $110. Shortly thereafter, I got in some financial troubles and needed money quickly (for rent). I sold the system to a guy I shop from at a flea market for something like $160 + store credit. I would have preferred to have kept it, though. 
Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2012, 01:03:59 PM »

Sure thing!  As long as you keep an eye out for a CIB Web of Fire for me.
I have the cart but no box/manual. Sad

Missionfailed
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2012, 07:27:57 AM »

Suikoden II in a Ps2 lot i paid $65.
Wacky Racer nes manual for free
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2012, 07:29:46 AM »

Suikoden II in a Ps2 lot i paid $65.
Wacky Racer nes manual for free

That Wacky Races manual is a pain to find.  VERY cool to get one for free.

Missionfailed
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2012, 09:50:13 AM »

So i was told, not even a NES collector so it is available
Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2013, 05:55:38 PM »

Super Noah's Ark 3D CIB $8
Telstar Colortron CIB $20
Boxed Virtual Boy $50
Pac-Man (NES) Official Nintendo ver. $1
Action Max CIB $20
Secret Scout in the Temple of Demise $5
ZAPiT Game Wave CIB $33
Buzztime Home Trivia System $5
XR Game Station Controller CIB $7
Color a Dinosaur (NES) CIB $.50
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:17:25 PM by Am4zingGam3r » Logged

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2013, 09:55:03 PM »

Action Max CIB $20

I picked up one of these CIB for 10.00 at Goodwill.  But I couldn't sell it for anything.   Finally after EBAY, Craigslist, and RFgeneration.  Someone signed up here at RF just to buy the Action Max from me.  I checked recently, he never logged back in again after contacting me through the Message system here. LOL
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length