RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:48:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Biggest insult to your collection? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Biggest insult to your collection?  (Read 7662 times)
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2008, 07:49:02 AM »

• The Power Glove, it's so bad.

True but it is a pretty hard find.  at least around here it is. 

for mine I'd have to say the fact that I own more PS2 games than I do classic games. 

Atarian75
Sega 32X
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2008, 06:40:17 AM »

Biggest insult to my collection is that I am one item away from completing five different system libraries. Due to $, I don't see myself completing them anytime soon either.

-Atarian75

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2008, 10:53:36 AM »

for mine I'd have to say the fact that I own more PS2 gmes than I do classic games. 
No shame in that. I'm the same way.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2008, 12:30:50 PM »

Not so much an insult, but a reminder of naivety. Early on when I got back into gaming with the Xbox, I bought a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 CIB. Later on I traded it in (not knowing anything about market values, rarity, etc.) and picked up a copy of NBA Street 2. Great game...but damn I wish I had that Xbox copy of MvC2 right now. Undecided

I've kept my NBA Street 2 as a reminder...and it's not worth anything in trade anyway. Live and learn. Tongue

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2008, 02:03:22 PM »

Not so much an insult, but a reminder of naivety. Early on when I got back into gaming with the Xbox, I bought a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 CIB. Later on I traded it in (not knowing anything about market values, rarity, etc.) and picked up a copy of NBA Street 2. Great game...but damn I wish I had that Xbox copy of MvC2 right now. Undecided

I've kept my NBA Street 2 as a reminder...and it's not worth anything in trade anyway. Live and learn. Tongue

Ouuuccchhhh. That one even hurt to read. I'm sorry, dude.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2008, 04:49:11 PM »

Level DOWN!!!! Cheesy

Now you know, right? Wink

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2008, 05:27:40 PM »

Biggest insult to my collection is that I am one item away from completing five different system libraries. Due to $, I don't see myself completing them anytime soon either.
That's not an insult, that's very impressive! Shocked

Atleast you can say you're only 1 game away from completing a collection instead of saying "I need 300 more NES games to complete my collection" or something Wink
nester
Sega 32X

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2008, 03:25:20 AM »

One time someone told me that nobody would ever love me because of my video game collection. I know that's a different kind of insult entirely, but there's nothing in my collection that I'm not proud of. Not even the really bad games.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2008, 07:49:14 AM »

One time someone told me that nobody would ever love me because of my video game collection.
Don't listen to that shit because it's nonsense.  Angry

Videogames have never been more popular, selling in the millions, something the record business has much more difficulties with.
If people want to be conservative retards who think that videogames are only for little kids, let them be. There are a lot of gamers out there who'll deny being one when they're in public, too. Which is very sad, trying to hide who you really are Sad
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2008, 03:09:22 PM »

Well said Sirgin ;P
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2008, 08:46:09 AM »

Marky Mark: Make my music video for the Sega CD.  You know, now that he's staring in Max Payne, (great game which I also own) I think we've reached a strange full circle on this one  Huh

Keelah se'lai
dotDarkCloud (dDC)
Sega 32X
Canada

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2008, 12:30:39 PM »

The biggest insult is that I don't own more old consoles and computers. Tongue

That said, I do own some pretty cheapass crap games for the PC.

[img width=572 height=151]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa88/dotdarkcloud/dontforget.jpg[/img]

"...shut up, shut up, shut up.... You're all nuts! Shut up! Let me talk. " - Free Waterfall Jr.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2008, 01:27:10 PM »

Level DOWN!!!! Cheesy

Now you know, right? Wink

Absolutely.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2008, 03:04:49 PM »

Mine is probably that I have like 6 Genesis, 2 Sega CD, and about 40 games for them while I have 1 SNES and like 10 games.

I grew up in an all Nintendo console household.

I'm sorry Nintendo overlords please forgive me  Tongue
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 03:06:58 PM by blcklblskt » Logged
cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2008, 11:13:40 PM »

What is the biggest insult?
Well, by insult I'm guessing what is an embarrassment as well. That would the 66 arcade boards I have had for well over a year now and have only started up and played 7 of them! The 7 are JAMMA and the rest are PCBs of games like Pac-Man, Galaga, Rampart, Hot Rod, Frogger, ZAXXON, and After Burner. Due to space limitations I cannot build an arcade and to create a Super Gun would be ugly with what I have available at home. Until I have my own place it's infeasible to even start really getting into them, which may be another year or so.

Maybe an insult (or something I'm a bit ashamed of) to me as a gamer is that my first console was a PS2 (if you don't count handhelds) My parents used to be very strict on videogames during most of my youth, so for a long time, consoles were out of the question. I had to restrict myself to PC and was allowed to have maybe 3-4 new games per year.

Luckily that's all in the past, I'm 19 now, and I can do whatever I want Tongue
Sounds like you are in a similar boat that I was in 4 years ago. I grew up with just a SMS and a few games from back in '89 up until '96 or '97 when I got a Game Gear! We use to go to Funcoland every few months to pick out a GG title, and they were cheap compared to the GB titles. I still enjoy that handheld quite a bit regardless and with games still being inexpensive it's fun to collect for and game. in '95 my parents got a computer handed down from a grandparent and so my use of a computer took off from then on, playing titles like Descent, Warcraft, Commander Keen, Kings Quest, Duke Nukem, Doom, Heretic, and so forth.

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length