RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:53:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Megaman 9 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Megaman 9  (Read 8184 times)
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 09:17:50 AM »

I bought this yesterday.  Haven't had more than 5 mins to play it though.  Even the Wii version has DC and achievements, which I think is pretty cool.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 07:36:42 PM »

Even if I never get to play it, I think it is so awesome that they have gone back to their roots and would love to see more 8-bit 16-bit releases to follow.

Just imagine how much more popular Sonic would still be if Sega had taken this path.

NayusDante
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 08:20:41 PM »

I personally would like to see a good follow-up to X4 done in X4's style. Hand-drawn animation in the cut-scenes, techno-rock soundtrack, same sprites and visual style. X5 never really clicked with me, though I loved X6. X7-8 made me lose interest.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 03:31:54 AM »

Just imagine how much more popular Sonic would still be if Sega had taken this path.
I'm not sure about that.

Looking back at it now it might seem "obvious" how sticking with sprites & 2D graphics would do Sonic/Sega well, and maybe still even making consoles.
Yet you shouldn't forget that the average gamers always wants the best & the prettiest graphics; so if Sega's competition moved to 3D after the 16-bit era, I don't think they'd keep their popularity if they'd simply stayed in the 16-bit era. Back then gamers didn't knew that 3D Sonic games would be so bad so they wouldn't look at it like you do now Smiley
NayusDante
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 04:30:41 PM »

I finished it, having saved my damage reducer and M-Tank for the Wily battle. Guess I'll start on my clear save now. ^_^
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 06:47:10 AM »

Even if I never get to play it, I think it is so awesome that they have gone back to their roots and would love to see more 8-bit 16-bit releases to follow.

I agree!  Bring on an old school Sonic!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 10:08:27 PM »

Finally beat all the Robot Masters, now it's time for Wily's Castle!

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 10:32:56 PM »

I don't mind the new sonic games... >.>.<.<

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 04:04:12 AM »

So does that mean you like those 3D Sonic games?
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 06:33:28 AM »

Kinda.... Tongue

Tell me about your variants...
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 09:29:53 AM »

Kinda.... Tongue
Which ones in particular? You better not say Shadow the Hedgehog or that Sonic the Hedgehog game for PS360.

There's actually a project being worked on by some Sonic fans that aims to remix Sonic 2 in HD. They recently released a tech demo:
http://forums.sonicretro....index.php?showtopic=12056

It's in a very early stage and requires a beefy computer to run it (they recommend 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 512 MB graphics RAM), but for later releases these requirements will be lowered and resolutions other than 1280x960 will be supported. I love what I've seen out of this team so far and I can't wait to see how the final product turns out.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
NayusDante
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 09:37:57 AM »

Has anybody else been following the press kit information over at Capcom Unity? I seriously want to win that bundle they announced recently...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 09:50:40 AM »

It's in a very early stage and requires a beefy computer to run it (they recommend 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 512 MB graphics RAM), but for later releases these requirements will be lowered and resolutions other than 1280x960 will be supported. I love what I've seen out of this team so far and I can't wait to see how the final product turns out.
I wanted to download it because my PC is more than ready for it but it says "32 bit Vista" only. Sad
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 10:09:28 AM »

I DL'd the demo and tried it out. They did a good job. I had to stop playing it, though, because I knew I'd get addicted to it. Grin

I also didn't DL the full game because I agree with the earlier post that it seems to rely a lot on memorization. I might do so at a later date, but for now I have too much of a backlog of games to play. Undecided

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 07:28:03 PM »

The current system specs to Sonic 2 HD seem really steep, but the sprites look wonderful.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length