RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:46:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Killzone 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Killzone 2  (Read 10804 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 05:10:50 PM »

Killzone 2. Finally there's a game that the average 360 Halo fan will salivate over.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh ...that's pretty funny Tondog!  Cool

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 07:01:30 PM »

No really. If you hear what they've done, you'll be damned impressed.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 08:26:02 PM »

There are so many things wrong with that outdated and biased comparison it isn't even funny. Hell half of those games aren't exclusives or don't exist yet and neither system bundle is even sold anymore.

80Gb PS3 = $399.99
160Gb PS3 = $519.99

Versus

60Gb X360 = $299.99
120Gb X360 = $399.99

Oh I know, it's just an old remnant of the Great Wars.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 10:34:53 PM »

Yeah. I see that reposted on /v/ and such a lot.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 10:56:55 AM »

No really. If you hear what they've done, you'll be damned impressed.

From what I've seen and heard, it looks to be a really good game. But not anything worth "salivating" over. And it certainly isn't enough to sell me on the system when I have games like Halo 3, Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty 3, and Gears of War 2 to play on the 360.

I guess certain features mean a lot more to me than others. Since I play a lot of offline multiplayer with friends, I value games that offer 4-player/TV split screen and system link; also co-op. I also value games with level editors. These features don't come in many games, so when they're available I give them higher priority than other games that do not have such features.

For example, I was greatly looking forward to Far Cry 2, but when I found out it's only 1 person per box/TV and didn't have the 4-player split screen of the original I was greatly disappointed. I loved the level/map editor features of the earlier games, but to take out the 4-player split screen really wrecked it as far as it being a "must-buy" title when it came out.

But that's just my $.02.

From all indications, though, it sounds like PS3 owners should definitely enjoy Killzone 2. And to that I say "Good for them!". It's just not for me.

Tan
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 11:21:47 AM »

Everything I've seen leads me to conclude it's another Resistance Halo: Gears of Killzone. I don't know how you people can tell the difference half the time. It's like trying to separate Doom and Doom II. If someone showed me footage of KZ2 and said it was a Resistance expansion, I wouldn't know any better.

If this is the uber-badass shooter on the PS3, then there's no need to waste money on Resistance 1 or 2 then is there? If I got an itch for a FPS on the PS3, I wouldn't bother with sloppy seconds and just go for the best on the system and by the hype, this week it must be KZ2?
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 11:48:39 AM »

Everything I've seen leads me to conclude it's another Resistance Halo: Gears of Killzone.

You need to throw "Duty" in there somewhere Tan. Cool

Tan
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 12:05:12 PM »

Everything I've seen leads me to conclude it's another Resistance Halo: Gears of Killzone.

You need to throw "Duty" in there somewhere Tan. Cool

I had thought about that but it would take away from it's sci-fi theme. Tongue
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 05:29:59 PM »

If this is the uber-badass shooter on the PS3, then there's no need to waste money on Resistance 1 or 2 then is there? If I got an itch for a FPS on the PS3, I wouldn't bother with sloppy seconds and just go for the best on the system and by the hype, this week it must be KZ2?
Yeah, I think that's a fair statement.

Resistant 2 isn't bad by any means though. It's worth playing a demo of to see if you like it. And even if you don't won't to get it right away, it definitely is a title to pick up once it hit bargain prices. Smiley
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009, 12:14:13 AM »

Why not get them all?

Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2009, 08:53:49 AM »

Why not get them all?

I think Tan's point is that KZ2 already obsoletes Resistance 2. And implies that there will be something to obsolete KZ2 not far down the road...?

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2009, 12:18:11 PM »

Just because a new FPS comes out does not make an old one obsolete. Aren't we all fans of classic games? We should know that.

Anyways, KZ2 demo is out now if you have a european psn account. I'll give you some impressions later.

Quick 5 minute review: It 100% lives up to the hype. Holy freakin crap.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:34:38 PM by Tondog » Logged

Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2009, 01:28:49 PM »

Just because a new FPS comes out does not make an old one obsolete. Aren't we all fans of classic games? We should know that.

I guess that depends on what you consider classic. Tongue
Kimoosabi
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2009, 01:43:54 PM »

Gotta side with Tondog on this one.. when I do get a PS3, I plan on playing both Resistance titles AND Killzone 2, I don't really see how one makes the other obsolete. If that were true, then why buy any game in any genre at all, every new release would make the older titles in a genre obsolete following that logic.
Tan
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2009, 02:11:27 PM »

Obsolete isn't a good word for it and it's not a word I had used at all. It's what Call of Duty 4 did to 2 and 3, what Halo 3 did to Halo 2, Gear 2 to Gear 1. Whatever you call it, a casual shooter fan would have a hard time telling the difference between sci-fi shooter A and sci-fi shooter B when buying a shooter for casual play.

If I was willing to spend $60 on one shooter for the PS3, play it online for a while, trade it in later on when something better comes along, then buying 2 of them when one has already been eclipsed for online activity and technical prowess seems pointless. But that's just my opinion because console shooters are hit and miss for me. They all go bang, throw grenades and pretend there's a story. I just want the prettiest, best sounding one for mindless action.

If you understand that then you understand Madden sales every year. Would you recommend Madden 07, and 08 alongside 09? Or NHL 06, 07, 08, 09 along with NHL 2k6, 2k7, 2k8, 2k9? NHL 09 is the best current hockey game period, save your money on the rest of them unless your a hardcore fan. The perspective is a lot different if your just getting into a genre on a system than it is having lived through it from day 1 which may have led to you buying each one over the years.

That's why I asked. The hype and reactions lead me to believe that KZ2 is the end all and be all of shooters right now on the PS3. Three futuristic FPSes cost $180, one only costs $60. The other $120 could nab me the best NHL game and best racing game ensuring that I have 3 new totally different games being played online extensively instead of three similar ones with varying degrees of activity.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length