RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:25:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Pittsburgh Steelers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Pittsburgh Steelers  (Read 9818 times)
y2richie
Jaguar CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 03:01:58 PM »

Kind of a strange question, but when you play over there, do you still use yards or do you use meters instead?

Good question! I can see why you asked. Everything is as in the US so it's yards. I can't think of any difference.

Gridiron terminology is so ingrained in my head that I use it in all the wrong situations. I was playing FIFA online in defense and said I'd go into zone coverage lol.

A lot of our coaches were from the US. The heyday for the NFL in the UK was in the 80s. That's when it was a really big deal here.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 05:40:12 PM »

You should try to attend a game.   At least on TV you have commercials and replays.  When your sitting in the stands, your just sitting there twiddling your thumbs waiting for the next play or for the timeout to be over.

I couldn't stand it. I left at half time during the only football game I have ever been to.
I can imagine. Tongue At some point during watching the Superbowl last night I was wondering whether the people in the commentary box were getting more screentime than the game itself. I think they do, actually. hmm

But anyway, I never actually attended a game of any sports because:

A) I'm not that into sports.
B) Why would I pay to have a worse view than the one I have from my couch? I'd rather watch something on TV with many different cameras that can zoom in than having to watch a bunch of dots run around on a field a mile away. (I'm exaggerating here, but you know what I mean)

Atleast soccer is a continuous sport. There's 45 minutes of play, halftime, and another 45 minutes of play. No Time-outs either. Cheesy

@y2richie: Thanks, I think I understand now. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length