RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:58:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Huggins Suspended because of DUI 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Huggins Suspended because of DUI  (Read 7671 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: June 14, 2004, 03:44:56 AM »

I hadn't heard of this until Eddie mentioned something about it to me the other day.  Anyway, here is the article:

http://sportsillustrated....gginsarrest.ap/index.html

Officers said Huggins "staggered" out of the car and couldn't keep his balance during the sobriety test. Asked to recite the alphabet from the letter "E" through "P," Huggins said, "E, F, G, H, I, K, L, N, Z," according to the police report.

Asked to count backward from 67 to 54, he counted from 62 to 52, the report said. Officers tried to give a breath analyzer test, but Huggins couldn't complete it, the report said.

He was arrested and brought to the police station, where his wife picked him up, police said.

...and later in the article:

Huggins' arrest was the latest black mark on a program with a history of players getting arrested or suspended for various infractions, ranging from domestic violence to punching a police horse. Several have been acquitted or had the charged dropped.

The NCAA put the basketball program on two years' probation in 1998 for various rules violations, and stripped the university of scholarships as part of its punishment.

The NCAA concluded there was a lack of institutional control over the program. It found basketball staff members gave improper favors to players and made misleading statements to investigators.

Huggins' arrest most likely will get the attention of NCAA investigators. In the arrest report, Sgt. Jeff Bronson said Huggins told officers he had been talking to recruits and drank beer with a recruit's family Tuesday.

For years, Huggins has had great basketball teams at UC, and for years, those teams have been scrutinized by the NCAA because of various violations.  Now, the man himself was caught driving under the influence of alcohol.  MORON.  He's definitely a great coach, but I've never liked the guy much.  Personally, I think his punishment should have been harsher - both from the police and from the University.  I'm not a big fan of alcohol in the first place, but I think everybody can agree that driving after drinking is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE.

Hey, Bob!  Don't drink and drive in my city, pal.  Stupid people like you should be put in prison and never be allowed behind the wheel of a car again.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 09:11:36 AM »

http://urbanohio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=513

A lot of informaiton about it there.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 01:11:46 AM »

Officer; "When did you start drinking?"
Huggy Bear: "I don't know."

Officer; "When did you stop drinking?"
Huggy Bear: "No sir."

NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 09:16:47 AM »

Yea its just a plain representation of how he runs his program. Dirty, just plain dirty!

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 09:24:02 AM »

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how UC fans rebut my arguments that the whole program is trashy in the coming seasons.

NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 09:58:58 PM »

They will tell you im sure that he's a winner and so are the kids that he recruits blah blah blah.

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004, 05:14:42 AM »

Well, he certainly wins games, and that's also certainly why UC only suspended him, and WITH PAY.  Still, that doesn't make him a winner in that little thing most of us call "life."

NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 10:11:36 PM »

I won't argue with that, he needs to go away for a long long time, and to me if he never comes back, I will not miss him or his dirty program!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length