RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:02:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 293 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1016835 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3660 on: July 31, 2014, 11:13:25 AM »

Out of Africa - (1985) - A
--> Terrific movie. A bit slow for some, perhaps, but great otherwise.

L.A. Confidential - (1997) - A-
--> I really liked the atmosphere of this movie.

The Nun's Story - (1959) - B
--> A bit of an odd movie starring Audrey Hepburn. Not bad, just a bit random in my opinion.

Coming to America - (1988) - C-
--> A stupid comedy, though some scenes are funny (the bath scene at the beginning).

Dungeon & Dragons experience - (?) - B
--> Interesting documentary about Dungeon & Dragons and its players. It's on YouTube; the documentary itself made around 1995 I guess.

Super 8 - (2011) - B+
--> Neat movie. It has that older thriller vibe to it. It reminded me greatly of the animation movie The Iron Giant.

La folie des grandeurs - (1971) - B
--> Slapstick comedy with French cinema legend Louis de Funès.

The Mosquito Coast - (1986) - B+
--> Interesting drama about an excentric father and his family.

Saving Private Ryan - (1998) - A
--> A classic and some of the best depictions of WWII fights.

City Lights - (1931) - B
--> One of the last silent films ever made. The story is simple and sweet. I'm surprised how highly rated this film is. Some of the scenes, especially the boxing scene, are funny.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3661 on: August 02, 2014, 01:01:42 AM »

There's Nothing Out There!

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3662 on: August 05, 2014, 07:26:41 PM »

Coraline

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3663 on: August 05, 2014, 07:30:49 PM »

Chopped on Food Network.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3664 on: August 05, 2014, 10:11:15 PM »

Storage  Wars!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3665 on: August 05, 2014, 11:37:12 PM »

My Rockies trying to come back in the 11th after 4 Rockies pitchers combined to walk 6 straight batters to give them 2 runs without a hit...ugh...

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3666 on: August 06, 2014, 01:36:32 AM »

21 Jump Street (movie)

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3667 on: August 15, 2014, 09:05:42 PM »

The Three Musketeers - (1973) - F
--> Stupid movie with hardly any plot to speak of. At best a slapstick comedy with an annoying protagonist. Also, the audio for vocals are surprisingly bad. I've seen 1930ies movies with better audio quality.

Alice in Wonderland - (1951) - A-
--> Disney classic. Altogether fun, with lots of nonsensical songs. Dissapointing (for me) is how poor the audio quality is for the Dutch dub of Disney movies of this era. It's so bad I can hardly understand what is being said. I never watch dubs but animated movies are an exception. The original English audio is much clearer, it's like night and day. They should just re-do the dub, though I guess the consider the audio "good enough" and doing a new dub too expensive.

War of the Roses - (1989) - C
--> Average movie about a couple going through a divorce. They fight and things get out of hand.

Swing Time - (1936) - B+
--> Classic era Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers dancing movie. Everyone should watch atleast one of these.

Jane Eyre - (2011) - B-
--> I find Mia Wasikowska's performance too frigid for my taste. How "historically correct" it is is debatable. But I can see past that flaw. What really annoys me however is how everything is rushed due to this being only 120 minutes. An extra hour would've been very welcome. Too many of the important conversations between Jane & Rochester are cut short or deleted altogether. Compare and contrast with the 2006 BBC mini series starring Ruth Wilson.

Everything or Nothing - (2012) - B+
--> Interesting documentary about the James Bond film franchise. Lots of things I didn't know. Especially interesting how there was the feude between the different claimants of the rights and how long that dragged on.

Emma - (1996) - B
--> An adaptation of Emma starring Kate Beckinsale. Not a bad version, I think. Slightly more subdued than the Gwyneth Paltrow version, with the age difference between Emma & Knightley more pronounced. Compared with the 2009 mini series starring Romola Garai, this one definitely stays more true to the book. Romola Garai overacts the character too much, and makes too many exaggerated facial expressions to suspend disbelief as the viewer. It's almost a parody of Emma. Not so here, with Beckinsale still showing the restraint expected in a young woman at the start of the 19th century. The fact that it's a movie does make for the same compromises as with the Jane Eyre movie, but it didn't bother me as much here.

The Answer Man - (2009) - C+
--> Very odd movie about a succesful author of a book who wishes to remain anonymous. He meets some people and discovers that ultimate solitude isn't all that. Then the movie ends without there being much of an ending or story to speak of.

Dante's Peak - (1997) - C-
--> Stupid disaster movie starring Pierce Brosnan as volcanologist. It's filled with clichés both in dialogue and plot "twists" (that you can see coming 10 minutes before they happen).

Monsters vs. Aliens - (2009) - B
--> Agreeable animated movie. Not as good as most Pixar productions but good enough. Better than some other, more sterile, DreamWorks movies I've seen.

City of Angels - (1998) - C+
--> Average romantic drama starring Nicholas Cage and Meg Ryan. The film is a bit slow despite its simple premise and doesn't quite have enough to really engage the audience.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3668 on: August 16, 2014, 12:41:06 PM »

Been watching through Seinfeld chronologically. Me and the girl were inspired to do so when we visited NYC last month.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3669 on: August 16, 2014, 01:49:38 PM »

Been watching various documentaries and video tours of the Salton Sea and its various abandoned structures...

...as well as docs about the gradual disappearance of the Aral Sea.

The tours through the various modern-day ghost towns surrounding the Salton Sea are compelling and haunting; I just can't get enough of 'em. Looks like I'll be heading south on my next vacation...
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3670 on: August 23, 2014, 03:22:14 AM »

Started watching (on Crabmaster's recommendation) the Anime, Attack On Titan. Two episodes in. I really like it.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3671 on: August 23, 2014, 06:03:45 PM »

Simpsons marathon!

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3672 on: August 23, 2014, 08:33:35 PM »

Currently watching tmnt at the drive inn !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3673 on: August 25, 2014, 01:42:41 AM »

Watching more of the Simpsons Marathon. I forgot just how much I love this show.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3674 on: August 25, 2014, 10:55:58 PM »

Started watching (on Crabmaster's recommendation) the Anime, Attack On Titan. Two episodes in. I really like it.

It's ok. Cool idea turned all dbz like six episodes in.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 293 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length