RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:12:28 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Cancelled 2012 shows 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Cancelled 2012 shows  (Read 6963 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« on: May 14, 2012, 09:23:31 PM »

Found the list of cancelled network shows and thought it'd be interesting to see what everyone thinks of the shows being cancelled.

Here's the list:
Cancelled Television Programs 2012
Alcatraz (Fox)
Allen Gregory (Fox)
Are You There, Chelsea? (NBC)
Awake (NBC)
Best Friends Forever (NBC)
Bent (NBC)
Breaking In (Fox)
Charlie’s Angels (ABC)
Chuck (NBC)
CSI: Miami (CBS)
Desperate Housewives (ABC)
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC)
The Finder (Fox)
The Firm (NBC)
Free Agents (NBC)
GCB (ABC)
A Gifted Man (CBS)
H8R (CW)
Harry’s Law (NBC)
House (Fox)
I Hate My Teenage Daughter (Fox)
Man Up! (ABC)
Missing (ABC)
Napoleon Dynamite (Fox)
NYC 22 (CBS)
One Tree Hill (CW)
Pan Am (ABC)
The Playboy Club (NBC)
Prime Suspect (NBC)
Remodeled (CW)
Ringer (CW)
The River (ABC)
Rob (CBS)
The Secret Circle (CW)
Terra Nova (Fox)
Unforgettable (CBS)
Work It (ABC)

I'm slightly disappointed to see Napoleon Dynamite cancelled, it was an OK show, but I won't really miss it.
I'm slightly more annoyed to see Allen Gregory gone, I actually liked it quite a bit.
I hate that Alcatraz is gone, I loved it.
I don't like seeing Terra Nova go, but I'm not all that surprised. I think it was just missing something to make it an amazing show.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 09:55:14 PM »

A few of those were fairly long running series. Interesting list.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 10:52:09 PM »

Nothing too surprising here for me. It seems like CBS tried really hard to push Rob, but it really wasn't very funny.

ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 11:18:51 PM »

Kinda Disappointed by House, Chuck, and Terra Nova

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 01:21:51 AM »

I thought house was just ending not actually cancelled?

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 07:40:08 AM »

I thought house was just ending not actually cancelled?
Yeah it is, I guess the list includes shows that were scheduled to end after this season. Desperate Housewives is the same.
Nothing too surprising here for me. It seems like CBS tried really hard to push Rob, but it really wasn't very funny.
I love Rob Schneider, so I tried to like the show, but I couldn't stand it past the first 10 minutes of an episode.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 09:53:01 AM »

I really like Alcatraz. Sucks it will be gone.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 01:07:53 PM »

Never got a chance to see Alcatraz; it looked intruguing. I wonder if it could've benefitted from a different time slot?

House, Desperate Housewives, and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition have all been on long enough to pretty much understand that it's just their time to exit.

Chuck was a fun show. I only saw maybe the 1st and 2nd seasons, though.

Everything else on that list was a lot of experimentation that just didn't stick, imo.

One item that was absent from the list but SHOULD go is Whitney. Unless it was already cancelled and I didn't know it.

Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 03:51:28 AM »

So many casualties!

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 09:36:42 PM »

Meh, as long as Game of Thrones goes strong, I'm good to go.

jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 12:22:53 PM »

I know I'm late to the party, but I watch nearly ever network show. I'll comment on the ones I watched (which means having seen more than 10 episodes and in most cases, all episodes) and toss out my personal rating for the show:

Alcatraz (Fox) - It took a little while but this show was peaking when its cancellation was announced. (7.5/10)

Are You There, Chelsea? (NBC) - This show was just flat. I think the lack of dynamics was emphasized by Laura Prepon's awful performance. (5/10)

Awake (NBC) - It's sad that no one watched this because it was a cool premise and very well acted. (8.5/10)

Best Friends Forever (NBC) - Actually had potential but the two lead women were just so overly loud that it was hard to sit through. (5.5/10)

Bent (NBC) - It seems NBC gave up on this before it even started but it was actually, very good. It balanced legitimate humour and a sweetness that many shows lack (8/10)

Breaking In (Fox) - Season 1 was great. Season 2 lacked the best part of season 1, which was Michael Rosenbaum playing the lead girl's douchy boyfriend. (7/10)

Charlie’s Angels (ABC) - This was really bad acting/storytelling. Few shows can make an audience not care as quickly as this one did (3.5/10)

Chuck (NBC) - For its first two seasons, this show was one of my favourites (would've rated much higher). Unfortunately, after a while, it seemed to be recycled episodes all of the time. Still, I loved the early seasons (8/10)

CSI: Miami (CBS) - I watched this more by default than by desire. It is what it is. Not great but not the worst filler (5/10)

Desperate Housewives (ABC) - I thought the first season of this show was actually quite good, but as the years passed, it went from quirky to  outrageous and lost its charm (5.5/10)

The Finder (Fox): This Bones spin-off was actually a fun watch. It was more comical than Bones. I'm really not sure why it never found an audience. (7.5/10)

The Firm (NBC) - This series started out intense and was actually pretty well executed. Still, it never really managed to suck me in completely (6.5/10)

Free Agents (NBC): Premiere episode was decent. Nothing that followed ever even matched that. It was a single camera sitcom minus the com. (4/10)

GCB (ABC) - I think this was ABC's attempt to replace Desperate Housewives but the show just didn't really feel right. I can't really explain. (4.5/10)

A Gifted Man (CBS) - I actually really liked this show. Every episode was better than its predecessor. I was very sad to see it go. (8.5/10)

Harry’s Law (NBC): Season 1 was much better than season 2. The in-court stuff was the focus of season 2, whereas the out of court stuff was what I thought made the show good (6.5/10)

House (Fox): One of the best written television shows of all-time. Probably stayed around a little too long. Hard to say much negative about the show (9/10)

I Hate My Teenage Daughter (Fox) - Wasn't completely unfunny, but it felt very dated. It also featured an annoying best friend and a lead with an annoying voice which made watching tedious (4.5/10)

Man Up! (ABC) - Critics killed this show, but in a very weak year for new comedies, it wasn't that bad. There were actually a couple strong episodes just before its cancellation (6/10)

Missing (ABC) - This show actually maintained a pretty high level of entertainment value for me, throughout. (7.5/10)

NYC 22 (CBS) - Never has a show made me say "meh" more than this one. It wasn't really bad. It just lacked any semblance of originality. (5/10)

One Tree Hill (CW) - I never thought I'd like this show, but I'm a sucker for soapy primetime drama. Early seasons were just that. Last few seasons became attempt after attempt at making the audience cry (7/10)

Pan Am (ABC) - Had a few stronger episodes but they were surrounded by too many weak episodes. It played better than the other show (see below) from a similar era that premiered this year (6/10)

The Playboy Club (NBC) - I don't think this show merited all of the flack that it got, but it just seemed like a subject that no one really cared about. (5/10)

Prime Suspect (NBC) - I think that, had this show been on any other network, it would've lasted. This was a very well acted procedural. It's sad that no one watched (8/10)

Ringer (CW) - I've watched worse. It was kind of a dumb premise to start with, but the show did have some moments. It was definitely flawed though. (5.5/10)

The River (ABC) - Horror and TV don't seem to mix very well. This show wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. I will say that it was pretty unique as a TV viewing experience (6.5/10)

Rob (CBS) - I'm not a Rob Schneider hater, like many. That being said, I hated this show. I can't really think of anything else to say about it. (3.5/10)

The Secret Circle (CW) - I thought this show started off stronger than it ended. It actually played well with the Vampire Diaries (Yeah, I watch that too), but it was clearly an inferior show (6/10)

Terra Nova (Fox) - Thought I'd love this show, but it killed my enthusiasm with a 2-hour premiere which was much smaller in scale than I expected. It improved, but never reached my expectations (6/10)

Unforgettable (CBS) - Pretty average procedural. Nothing great about it, but nothing particularly wrong with it either (6.5/10)

Work It (ABC) - Quite possibly the worst show I have ever watched. I cannot believe that it even got 2 episodes to air. "Bosom Buddies was a bad show and it had 2 legitimately funny people in it. While watching this show, I couldn't help but wonder who in the world would have ok'd production to start on the show in the first place. 0/10

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 11:34:28 AM »

Wow. That is impressive. You really watch all those shows?

I think I am so amazed because your TV watching is opposite of mine. If you added up all the time I've spent watching all of those shows, including all seasons and all commercials, I would have seen less than 45 minutes worth. And most of that would be CSI: Miami and House, and only that because I was at somebody's house or a restaurant were a TV happened to be on.

Movies on the other hand, I spend a bit of time watching those  Cheesy
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 11:52:58 AM »

Alcatraz (Fox) - It took a little while but this show was peaking when its cancellation was announced. (7.5/10)

Awake (NBC) - It's sad that no one watched this because it was a cool premise and very well acted. (8.5/10)

I really loved Alcatraz and Awake, especially the latter. The premise was captivating. I like to think these shows were cancelled because they were too cool for the mainstream.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 05:49:20 PM »

Terra Nova had so much potential but ended up being just boring and cliched.

When shall his new form be revealed?
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 10:05:35 PM »

Wow. That is impressive. You really watch all those shows?

I think I am so amazed because your TV watching is opposite of mine. If you added up all the time I've spent watching all of those shows, including all seasons and all commercials, I would have seen less than 45 minutes worth. And most of that would be CSI: Miami and House, and only that because I was at somebody's house or a restaurant were a TV happened to be on.

Movies on the other hand, I spend a bit of time watching those  Cheesy

I used to work in a bar, so I had most of the day free and the days I had off (weekdays), most people were working. I had tons of free time. My buddy was in a similar situation, so he and I decided to commit to watching every new network series that debuted, until we couldn't. I eventually got a better job and it became harder to commit to shows, but the holidays provide a good time to catch up... 2013 will not be the same. I still commit to watching a few episodes of every new show, but I give up on them much more quickly than in the past.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length