RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:30:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Rarest game you have? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Rarest game you have?  (Read 26515 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« on: April 19, 2005, 07:51:08 AM »

What are some of the rarest games you have? What is the prize of your collection? The center piece?

The person with the rarest games will win a prize of the most common game on the planet!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 08:21:34 AM by tynstar » Logged

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 08:09:03 AM »

I have Alien Soldier for the megadrive. It's pretty hard to find.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 08:29:05 AM »

I dont know , maybe my complete Caltron 6 in 1 ? I have a loose one as well.

I also have a Starfox Super Weekend cart for SNES.

A boxed Flintstones Suprise at Dinosaur Peak for NES.

Factory sealed Cheetahmen 2....

I think the loose Caltron 6 in 1 and Starfox are my best finds because I got them in the wild.

Also have an orignal Dragonball GT final bout U.S. version for the PSX...

Tons of other stuff....

What do you consider your best item Scott ?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 08:41:04 AM »

Bounty Bob Strikes Back and
Meteorites

Plus I have some nice Atari 2600 games. Oh and a sealed Tank Command for the Atari 7800.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 08:41:53 AM by tynstar » Logged

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 08:54:23 AM »

What are some of the rarest games you have? What is the prize of your collection? The center piece?

The person with the rarest games will win a prize of the most common game on the planet!

I think I have a rare game...I have this game for the Odyssey 2....it says Power Lords on it...from what I hear, that's kinda hard to find.... Wink

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 08:54:49 AM »

The rarest game, I have?? dunno.

Probably Phantasy Star for the SMS
or Gunstar Heroes for the Megadrive

don't think any of my games are particularly rare.

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 09:00:26 AM »

I think I have a rare game...I have this game for the Odyssey 2....it says Power Lords on it...from what I hear, that's kinda hard to find.... Wink

I still hate you.

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 09:37:42 AM »

i dont think i have any really rare games, but finding Final Fantasy Chronicles was a bitch (the original Square copy, not the Square-Enix re-release)

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 10:10:39 AM »

Lets see.  I don't have anything that rare, but I have a couple harder to find games for a few systems.

For the Genesis it is probably MUSHA, although Genesis and rare aren't exactly two words you hear together very often.

For SNES it would probably be the Math Blasters that I just picked up.  The only other SNES game that I have that is higher than a 5 is Spankys quest.

For Atari 2600 it's Ram it.  It's a damn fun game as well.

I also have Dragon Warrior 4 for NES, but I don't think that game is as rare as some people think.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 11:28:07 AM »

Swordquest Waterworld for the 2600. I got it for 50 cents. I've got quite a few hard to finds but nothing approaching grail status.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 11:28:42 AM »

Swordquest Waterworld for the 2600. I got it for 50 cents. I've got quite a few hard to finds but nothing approaching grail status.

hmmm, didn't notice I double posted yesterday.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 04:41:41 AM by den68 » Logged

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 11:48:21 AM »

what is the grail in your collection so far? Waterworld?

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 02:10:02 PM »

To be honest, I don't have anything that's really rare in my collection, but that's not what I'm into collecting for.  At least, not right now.

I'm mainly working on a complete Neo Geo Pocket Color collection, but I only have 3 games for it at the moment (there are 32 in all).

::edit::
Actually, the rarest thing in my collection right now is my NES top-loader.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 02:10:55 PM by CatchFiveBats » Logged

- Zac
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 02:19:30 PM »

To be honest, I don't have anything that's really rare in my collection, but that's not what I'm into collecting for.  At least, not right now.

I'm mainly working on a complete Neo Geo Pocket Color collection, but I only have 3 games for it at the moment (there are 32 in all).

::edit::
Actually, the rarest thing in my collection right now is my NES top-loader.

I don't collect for rarity either. But during the hunt I have found some nice stuff.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005, 02:28:51 PM »

Well, it's not worth all that much, but technically it is still rarer than anything else that has been mentioned so far - I have the CInciClassic Edition of CyberVirus, released in 2001 by Songbird for Lynx.  There are 25 in existence.

Other than that, I don't really have any super rare games.  I doubt I have any single games that are worth over $100, though I have some over the $60 or $70 mark.  That Japanese O2 game I picked up yesterday is also pretty darn rare, but rarity on something like that is very hard to judge, and as an O2 import, it won't claim a very high price, no matter how rare it is.

I think my rarest consoles are a Sears Video Arcade II (identical to the Atari 2800, except that the faceplate is different) and a complete Telegames 2-in-1 (identical to the Dina 2-in-1 except that the box is different).  I got those at separate times for a combined cost of something like $65 I think.  Still, nothing super uber rare with either of those.

So yeah, I don't have anything that valuable....  Nothing like some of you do.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length