RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:17:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Iron Maiden/Megadeath Tour 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Iron Maiden/Megadeath Tour  (Read 2611 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: May 01, 2013, 10:45:58 AM »

Just wanted to start this thread to see if anyone was catching any leg of this tour and maybe get some comments about what people thought about their show(s).  Just bought my ticket for the Raleigh, NC show and pretty pumped.  freakboy

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 11:21:52 AM »

I dont see Phoenix listed on Megadeth.com Sad

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 05:44:26 PM »

I remember going to a concert with Stone Temple Pilots opening for Megadeth in a little dive in Oklahoma. Alice in Chains was supposed to open but couldn't make the show, so STP was brought in. It was before they hit, and it was a great show.

Sadly, I see no Indianapolis dates.

monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 05:51:28 PM »

I looove me some Maiden. However, there's nothing even remotely close to me...

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 10:19:34 PM »

It doesn't look like Maiden is doing very many US dates at all.  Gigantour will be in Detroit again this year, but I'm not too excited by the line up.  I'm still mad at myself for missing Gigantour the year they had Dream Theater on the bill.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 08:15:40 AM »

Well, I went to the Maiden show last night, and all I can say is ...... AWESOME!!!  I can't believe those guys are in their mid-50s and still rocking out as hard as they do. They never stopped playing, except maybe a 3 minute break before the encore.

Great set and basically slated as a revamp of their Seventh Son of a Seventh Son Tour. They played the majority of songs off this album, including the title track, Moonchild, Can I Play With Madness, The Clairvoyant, and The Evil That Men Do. They also played a good number of their biggest hits, including a string that started with The Trooper, The Number of the Beast, Phantom of the Opera, Run to the Hills, and The Wasted Years. Was really happy to hear one of my favorites, The Prisoner, as well and Aces High was a great encore song. I can't complain about the set list at all, but if I had to point out a few songs I would have liked to have heard, I'd add Where Eagles Dare,
The Flight of Icarus, Powerslave, and Stranger in a Strange Land. Again, not a complaint at all; the show was amazing.

http://www.setlist.fm/set...-raleigh-nc-3bc660ec.html

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 04:08:50 PM »

It doesn't look like Maiden is doing very many US dates at all.  Gigantour will be in Detroit again this year, but I'm not too excited by the line up.  I'm still mad at myself for missing Gigantour the year they had Dream Theater on the bill.

Sad  Me too.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length