RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 08:30:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | July Retro Community Playthrough - Chrono Trigger 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: July Retro Community Playthrough - Chrono Trigger  (Read 37767 times)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2014, 09:29:32 AM »

I won't lie, I got an early start on this game and am already about 4.5 hours in  Grin

Great I'm not the only one Smiley

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2014, 02:17:51 PM »

I jumped the gun last night by 20 mins, but it was midnight a couple of states over so...  For those not familiar with CT, the first thing I recommend is to be prepared to devote a couple of hours starting out as it will take some time to get to the first save point, unless things have changed since the SNES version.  As you advance, the save points will appears more often.

Explore all the different areas of the fair before checking our Lucca's invention.  If you to want to build your stats and purchase upgraded gear before your first travel (recommended), use the training robot, Gato, or wander through the forest. 

I don't want to sound like I'm providing a walk through, and you can certainly find many sites to provide that, but preparing yourself from the start can be very beneficial.  The game developers, to their credit, didn't believe in baby steps.  Even Gato can really kick your tail around.  I look forward to hearing opinions and comments about this great game as the month goes on.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2014, 02:29:17 PM »

For those not familiar with CT, the first thing I recommend is to be prepared to devote a couple of hours starting out as it will take some time to get to the first save point, unless things have changed since the SNES version.  As you advance, the save points will appears more often.

You do know you can save on the overworld map, right?

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2014, 02:40:04 PM »

For those not familiar with CT, the first thing I recommend is to be prepared to devote a couple of hours starting out as it will take some time to get to the first save point, unless things have changed since the SNES version.  As you advance, the save points will appears more often.

Learn new things everyday.  Not sure I ever tried that.  After 19 years of playing...

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2014, 02:58:20 PM »

I guess I'm half in? I won't be playing through the game (since I just did in January), but I will be trying to get all of the endings with my new game+.
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2014, 03:52:04 PM »

I'm so excited to play this game with you guys that I'm literally trying to play the game with you guys.  Well, a good chunk of you anyway.  I'm sorry if I leave your name out, there's only so many characters.

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/adsanislo/20140629_190347_zps0ea9adf4.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/adsanislo/20140629_190114_zpsa78abcc3.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/adsanislo/20140629_185729_zpsfa58883e.jpg[/img]

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2014, 03:56:52 PM »

This was my first thought too, but it's still a period of time after the fair before you get to save.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2014, 04:49:15 PM »

@Retro - Thanks for making me the prettiest character Cheesy

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2014, 04:54:40 PM »

I'm so excited to play this game with you guys that I'm literally trying to play the game with you guys.  Well, a good chunk of you anyway.  I'm sorry if I leave your name out, there's only so many characters.

Haha!  Neat idea, I'm honored.  Smiley

Although, while there's nothing wrong with being Lucca, I feel like there was a more appropriate choice.  Wink  *points to avatar*

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2014, 07:35:27 PM »

Checkpoints?

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2014, 07:50:26 PM »

I call dibs on Ayla! I've got a little jungle fever. Wink

Checkpoints?

Working on it. The first one should be up by the end of tomorrow.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2014, 07:55:35 PM »

Not sure if spoiler or not for Disposed Hero, since that's actually a major turning point...

Spoiler (hover to show)

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2014, 08:22:54 PM »

Not sure if spoiler or not for Disposed Hero, since that's actually a major turning point...

Spoiler (hover to show)

Don't worry about the spoilers on my account, I've beaten the game several times before.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2014, 08:47:03 PM »

Spoiler (hover to show)

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2014, 08:53:46 PM »

Spoiler (hover to show)

Oh, I get it now.  Hehe, I didn't make that connection before.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length