RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:32:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 854325 times)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2014, 10:17:35 AM »

Still playing Destiny quite a bit, but finally shifting focus to a second character. Would love to have a second leveled to 20 before the first DLC comes out in a couple of weeks.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »

Got Knock Knock for a song on the Google Play store.  Too bad I didn't play this earlier or it would have ended up as my October blog post.  Coupled with some head phone this is a truly disturbing experience, and one I really hope to replicate on my PC in the future.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2014, 03:11:32 PM »

007: Quantum of Solace (360) - More multiplayer with the neighbour.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2014, 12:54:06 AM »

Knocked out some more Kane & Lynch.

Started Samurai Shodown II. Which looks like it might be problematic to get all achievements.

Got back on track for story related missions in PQ: Galactrix. Hopefully i can start making real progress.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2014, 04:34:13 PM »

Since we had a long holiday weekend here in the US combined with the fact that I plan on taking most of next week off of work, I decided to jump head first into both a console RPG and a handheld RPG.  On the PS3, I started playing Final Fantasy X HD.  I played this on the PS2 back when it was first released, but my memory is pretty hazy on a lot of the details.  I really enjoyed it back then, and I'm really enjoying it again now.  The game looks great and has really benefited from the HD treatment.

On the 3DS I started playing Project X Zone.  I wasn't too sure what to expect going into this one, but now that I'm several chapters in, I think I've got a pretty good handle on it now.  The gameplay is a lot of fun, and it's awesome seeing so many characters from so many different franchises interacting with each other.  I always look forward to starting a new chapter just to see what new characters will make an appearance.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2014, 07:44:46 PM »

Earthworm Jim HD (WP) - Time to beat the game on Hard difficulty.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2014, 09:08:16 PM »

Been playing some of the 2+ player games on Nintendoland with my wife and son over the holiday weekend.

Been playing the hell out of Super Smash Bros. Wii U. Unlocked all characters on the first night. (Ripoff...you start with 44 characters and only have to unlock 8 of them...)

Also played Microsoft Solitaire Collection and completed a 4-suit spider solitaire game, now I just have to play a lot more games overall to complete it.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2014, 09:08:49 PM »

Congrats on the 4-suit spider solitaire game - that was a pain.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2014, 08:45:11 AM »

I've settled nicely into Persona Q and am also playing Splinter Cell Blacklist on 360. Really good stuff on both fronts. This is where I get the most enjoyment out of gaming, when I'm deeply into one handheld and one console game, and they're both good and engrossing and leave me wanting to come back for more. Settling into both of these games was a great way to wrap up the long weekend.

I also played a ton of Luftrausers. 

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2014, 05:39:56 PM »

Since I've got most of my NES collection in one location and displayed, I decided to play a little bit of every NES game I own to see which I want to play again and which will just remain shelf candy.

My plan is to just run down my stacks as I have them, so I will play games I've played before, but I'm going to try to get one or more new-to-me games per session.

Today's games (with impressions):

Kabuki Quantum Fighter:  An NES action platformer in the vein of Ninja Gaiden & Batman.  I really like games in this style, so this is a game I've played before.  I really enjoy it, but, like Shatterhand, after a few stages, the difficulty spikes and frustration reigns.  Also like Shatterhand, I really enjoy the aesthetic.

Alien Syndrome: A top-down shooter, I find I enjoy Alien Syndrome much more than the similar Commando or Ikari Warriors.  The graphics are a bit plain, but the game runs smoothly and the action is quick and fun.  The "rescue crewmembers" aspect reminds me of Zombies Ate My Neighbors, which is neat.  Now, if only I could beat the first boss...

Big Nose the Caveman: Reminiscent of Hudson-style platformers (ironically, more Adventure Island than Bonk).  Except that the controls are so bad I almost quit immediately.  However, if you stick with it long enough to adapt to the slide-y controls, Big Nose can be amusing, if not particularly memorable.

Castle of Dragon: The new game for this session, which is surprising because I was looking very much forward to this game.  Castle of Dragon is a left-to-right hack and slash game.  A lesser known predecessor to the already obscure Sword Master, Castle of Dragon is very primitive in comparison to its sequel.  The gameplay lacks the light platforming of Sword Master, the combat has less options, there's no magic/spells for your character to use, and the graphics and sound are far less polished.

However, Castle of Dragon does have something Sword Master does not that I rather enjoy.  You can pick up weapon power ups, new weapons, armor power ups, and new armor.  I like these power ups more than I like Sword Master's magic system.  Also, your character is less delicate than the character in Sword Master, allowing you to be more aggressive in combat.  The downside is that there's no mercy invincibility and no knockback from damage, so enemies can stick to you and drain your life very quickly, as happened to me in this session.  I'll definitely play this again, though, as the fun challenge outweighs the frustrating cheapness.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2014, 09:18:48 PM »

Congrats on the 4-suit spider solitaire game - that was a pain.

Agreed. Took me over 50 tries to get it done.

Also, been playing tons of Smash U, and I am surprised to see the amount of online activity in duos. I figured it would be mostly 4 Player smash, but most of the activity is 2 vs 2. Now I need my brother to move back home so we can rule the world. ha ha ha Seriously though, been kicking some serious butt with Little Mac, Mega Man, and Duck Hunt. I haven't even tried most of the characters out yet.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2014, 07:59:15 PM »

gave gradius a try last night, rage quit after half an hour or so.

been playing pokemon omega ruby on and off.

also what happened to the earlier gaming diaries?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2014, 08:38:45 PM »

Locked and unstickied.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2014, 09:42:30 PM »

Locked and unstickied.

oh ok, i figured but didn't see them anywhere on the first page and was worried they might have been deleted
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »

Shenmue II (Xbox) - Even after watching a "Let's Play" of the first game, I still don't get the big deal with this franchise.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length