RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:43:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 856583 times)
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2014, 10:16:05 PM »

Today's NES selections were Castlequest and Tetris.

Tetris: It's Tetris.  I'm not a skilled Tetris player.  I miss Korobeiniki.

Castlequest: I remember tracking this down after seeing it on Chrontendo.  The exploration aspect seemed pretty interesting.  Upon trying it out, it is.  The color coded key & door mechanic and splitting the castle up into screens does a really effective job of guiding your route through the castle.  However, I stopped playing after I trapped myself with no way to progress.  Attacking enemies also seems a bit awkward.  I think playing the game with a turbo controller may help that.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2014, 12:23:50 PM »

Persona Q and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Some further thoughts:

Persona Q has me hooked. I'm a big grinder in RPGs to begin with and the exploration aspect scratched an itch that I didn't know I even had. I am really psyched to check out the Etrian Odyssey series now, or more dungeon divers in general. The game is not nearly as hard as I thought it would be, though I've only 100%'ed the first two floors of the game, playing on normal I haven't had even one character get KO'ed yet.

As for SS:BL I'm kind of wishing the game wasn't so co-op focused. The story missions are great and fine to play solo, and replaying them in different styles is encouraged, but I feel like I just started the game and I'm already halfway done with the solo campaign. The side missions are all designed for co-op. Some of them can only be played in co-op, and the side missions that are available in solo mode are impossible as such. Overall though, awesome game and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2014, 01:29:30 PM »

Earthworm Jim HD (WP) - Just finished my Hard run.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2014, 11:56:10 PM »

Coming into the final stretch for Puzzle Quest: Galactrix

Kane and Lynch also got a bunch more multiplayer progress. Should wrap that up over the weekend Cheesy

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2014, 02:07:59 AM »

Beat Galactrix.

Warface is getting shutdown so i tried to play that. Didn't really pan out...
I still have A LONG way to go so i'm hoping the strange problem i ran into (for the first time ever) was due to a problem on my end. Also hoping that they do a HUGE XP multiplier since the team is actually responsive still.

Moved on to Samurai Shodown II. Completing it without losing a round should actually end up happening easier than i thought. I should have had it twice tonight. Only one time did i feel like i was cheated. There are 2 or 3 AI who give me trouble when they are at the end of rotation. I've started getting the hang of them already though.

EDIT
Samurai Shodown II has been completed 200/200
I initially expected the no clear continue to be crazy hard but it only ended up being moderately hard. It still took more hours to do than i care to admit. Especially since i was able to consistently get close almost right from the first hour.

I was planning on knocking out a few more hours of Kane and Lynch multiplayer but Xbox live decided it wants to give me more reasons to hate it so it has been down or almost completely unusable for the last several hours.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:49:53 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2014, 06:45:12 AM »

Game Room: Pitfall! (WP) - Wasting time with this during lunch at work.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2014, 08:55:59 AM »

Persona Q all morning. I'm actually at the end of the first dungeon. Things got a little hairy at times, but I resisted the urge to bump down the difficulty.

Also knocked out a few more campaign missions in Splinter Cell Blacklist.

Gonna spend some time with them shooters today but for now I have to take a break and do some real life stuff.

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2014, 12:13:27 PM »

more Smash. I feel like I'm getting pretty good. I still get creamed every single time online though.  Cry

Running out of games to buy.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2014, 02:27:41 PM »

Jumped into Abyss Odyssey.
I really have no idea what i am doing other than descending into a pit, leveling up, killing stuff and grabbing gold/items.

I'm enjoying myself.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2014, 08:31:19 PM »

Just finished Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Awesome game but again, I wish the optional missions were more do-able without a co-op partner.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2014, 01:02:38 AM »

Got to do more Kane and Lynch. Huzzah!
Need another ~25 mil and 30-40 matches so i will definitely be done with the online next time we play.

Loaded MS Bingo on WP8. It got a soft release in Trinidad/Tobago. Thankfully almost everything synced over. Unfortunately 2 of the ones that didn't sync are for completing Collections. I already have almost all of them unlocked so i can't unlock any more until i see others have unlocked them. Would suck to complete all the collections and then have them become completely unobtainable.

Back to Abyss Odyssey before bed.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2014, 06:56:57 AM »

Plants vs. Zombies (PS3/PSN) - I don't know how some people can get so far in Endless Survival mode.

raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2014, 10:28:03 PM »

Been playing Far Cry 4 for almost a week and i'm really getting tired of it. I will probably drop it.

As much as i enjoyed Far Cry 3, i don't feel like i want to the same kind of stuff all over again (liberating camping outposts, climbing radio towers, killing animals to get their skins…) , but now in a (unnecessary) bigger open world map filled with WAY more (repetitive and laborious) content, along boring characters (except the villain) and a uninteresting (and poorly paced) plot.

Sometimes less is more and this game could have taken a lesson from it.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:34:06 PM by raffa1985 » Logged
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2014, 10:36:58 PM »

Finished Abyss Odyssey earlier. I liked it. Was a decent romp but IMO overpriced at the usual price. (I think it is supposed to be 15$)

Started Garou: Mark of the Wolves It is proving more difficult than Samurai Shodown II was.... I need 2 no loss clears. This time with default settings. One time i have to rank A or better (if i win i usually get AA-SSS) one time i have to barely win each round because if my fight rating is too high i will fight a different character.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2014, 06:42:54 AM »

Roll in the Hole (WP) - Too bad the wifi doesn't work in this old Windows Phone, oh well at least I had a few games downloaded on it anyways.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length