RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:55:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849818 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #360 on: March 13, 2015, 09:25:58 AM »

Kung Fu Rabbit (Vita) - Collecting all 4 carrots in each level is a pain in the rear.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #361 on: March 15, 2015, 05:51:10 AM »

Finished Arkham Origins yesterday morning for the playthrough.

Had a few friends over and one brought his WiiU. Loved Mario Kart, Smash Bros not so much. I know I'll catch hell for that, take it easy guys, it just isn't my thing.

With my entire physical collection on its way to Texas I am trying to clean up some of the 300 or so Playstation Plus games I've accumulated so I started Crysis 3 yesterday. I was expecting a no-frills FPS but this is actually a super fun, fully fleshed out game with very elegant menus and controls. I'm loving it. A very pleasant surprise.

Also, Atelier Annie. It's just so damn good. The first DS game (as I'm also trying to clear out some backlog on the R4) I've chosen to play and it's going to be hard to top!

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #362 on: March 17, 2015, 04:29:47 AM »

Wanted to finish both Annie and Crysis 3 yesterday but couldn't quite pull it off. Today should be the day for both, then it's on to the next ones!

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #363 on: March 17, 2015, 09:01:52 AM »

Been playing lots of games lately to unwind.

Bioshock Infinite: I thought it was alright but I prefer the first two, The ending didn't fully make sense to me.
Friday the 13th: Sat down and finally beat this one. It took about 3 tries after having a strategy down. Even then I think I got a little lucky.
Heroes of Mana: Im not too familiar with RTSs and this one just kind of throws me off.
Tallowmere: Hard to say how much I really like this one. I might just of been jonesing for a Rogue-like.

If I have any spare time today I'm hoping to start Persona 3.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #364 on: March 17, 2015, 10:17:30 AM »

Finished Arkham Origins yesterday morning for the playthrough.

Had a few friends over and one brought his WiiU. Loved Mario Kart, Smash Bros not so much. I know I'll catch hell for that, take it easy guys, it just isn't my thing.

With my entire physical collection on its way to Texas I am trying to clean up some of the 300 or so Playstation Plus games I've accumulated so I started Crysis 3 yesterday. I was expecting a no-frills FPS but this is actually a super fun, fully fleshed out game with very elegant menus and controls. I'm loving it. A very pleasant surprise.

Also, Atelier Annie. It's just so damn good. The first DS game (as I'm also trying to clear out some backlog on the R4) I've chosen to play and it's going to be hard to top!

I'm not really a fan of Smash either, so don't feel bad.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #365 on: March 17, 2015, 10:27:09 AM »

I'm not really a fan of Smash either, so don't feel bad.

Thanks, sometimes I feel like I have to watch myself around here if I choose to criticize any Nintendo or Nintendo related product.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #366 on: March 17, 2015, 10:34:40 AM »

Just hide behind Tynstar and you'll be fine. He can do enough Nintendo bashing for the rest of us.

Mario Party 10 looked interesting, but I found it EXTREMELY stupid that you can only hold data for 1 title in an Amiibo, so you have to overwrite your data if you want to use the same Amiibo between titles. That kind of defeats the purpose of having figures that can work for every title, when you have to delete your save data to move it to another title. Do I want to keep my data for Smash and Mario Party? I need to buy a second Amiibo, that hopefully looks unique enough so I don't confuse them. At least Skylanders lets you import your old characters to a new game without erasing the data...

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #367 on: March 17, 2015, 12:43:33 PM »

ALL OF THE SUNSET OVERDRIVE.  It just keeps getting better.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #368 on: March 17, 2015, 08:10:33 PM »

Got a really cool drop in Borderlands.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #369 on: March 18, 2015, 01:07:48 AM »

Commented on this over at DP, but Lego Batman 3 is such a cluster of a game. It's not bad, it just doesn't feel as put together and thought out as previous games.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #370 on: March 18, 2015, 12:56:08 PM »

Just beat Bioshock, which is AWESOME!  I definitely recommend it.  Starting The Walking Dead.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #371 on: March 18, 2015, 01:01:10 PM »

Finished Atelier Annie. It was everything I was hoping for. Thank you GUST.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #372 on: March 18, 2015, 08:13:23 PM »

non-smash fan x3 over here. Almost done Criminal Girls for Vita.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #373 on: March 19, 2015, 09:04:23 AM »

Damn, I was trying to play Tales of the Tempest but I think the rom is no good.

Best NDS games, with a preference for RPGs? GO!

EDIT: I'm leaning towards Dragon Quest IX, which I've heard is awesome, or Pokemon Black which I have also heard is awesome and I've never played a Pokemon game.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:57:18 AM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #374 on: March 19, 2015, 11:35:32 AM »

Damn, I was trying to play Tales of the Tempest but I think the rom is no good.

Best NDS games, with a preference for RPGs? GO!

EDIT: I'm leaning towards Dragon Quest IX, which I've heard is awesome, or Pokemon Black which I have also heard is awesome and I've never played a Pokemon game.

NDS RPGs huh...

As for the NDS Dragon Quest games I really enjoyed V the most. Its gameplay was nothing too mind blowing but it has my favorite story out of the 4 Dragon Quest games on the NDS.  If your alright with Harvest Moon types of games I'd give Rune Factory 3 a try. The World Ends with You is also a very fun and underrated action RPG but I remember the controls being a little hard to get used to.

Knights in the Nightmare and Rondo of Swords are both decent games with small unique spins on gameplay so they are worth checking out but YRMV.

Also if you like Roguelikes Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja and it's sequel are both pretty fun.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length