RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:54:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849663 times)
pdrydia
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #645 on: October 01, 2015, 02:25:15 PM »

I finished up my first run through of Undertale, an excellent jRPG with a lot of trope subversions. The main gimmick of the game is that you can go through without killing a single enemy - you can spare every enemy, primarily (but not exclusively) through the use of the Act command. Of course, if you do decide to go through the game killing some or all of the monsters, then the game reacts to that, having the in-game characters react differently to you, giving you different boss battles and different endings. The less you read about the game the better the impact. I recommend it to all, especially fans of SNES jRPGs.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #646 on: October 01, 2015, 07:17:26 PM »

I finished up my first run through of Undertale, an excellent jRPG with a lot of trope subversions. The main gimmick of the game is that you can go through without killing a single enemy - you can spare every enemy, primarily (but not exclusively) through the use of the Act command. Of course, if you do decide to go through the game killing some or all of the monsters, then the game reacts to that, having the in-game characters react differently to you, giving you different boss battles and different endings. The less you read about the game the better the impact. I recommend it to all, especially fans of SNES jRPGs.

Sounds very interesting.  What is it on?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #647 on: October 01, 2015, 08:41:24 PM »

started up Super Mario Sunshine for my first playthrough of that. did a little in the first 4 areas, finished off most of the first one. it's a fun game but the controls are a real pain when i'm only used to SM64. mario reacts so quickly in this that i find myself running off cliffs or doing side flips way more often then i'd like to. slowly getting the hang of it though.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #648 on: October 02, 2015, 07:58:51 AM »

Borderlands (PS3) - Tracking down this Sledge character. On a side note, everything Claptrap yips about is awesome Tongue

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #649 on: October 02, 2015, 08:30:03 AM »

@Shaggy: It looks like PC only right now. The official site is http://undertale.com/

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #650 on: October 02, 2015, 07:15:44 PM »

Borderlands (PS3) - Tracking down this Sledge character. On a side note, everything Claptrap yips about is awesome Tongue

Scooter is my favourite, have you met him yet?
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #651 on: October 03, 2015, 12:06:24 AM »

The guy who runs the catch a ride?

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #652 on: October 03, 2015, 10:27:35 AM »

ya, that's the one!
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #653 on: October 03, 2015, 12:25:50 PM »

As expected, the four 5200 controllers that came with my 5200 are all a bust.  Luckily, I had planned on this, and was able to scoop up some homebrew controller adapters on ebay and some PC gamepads and joysticks from my town-wide yard sale.  Result: for the price of one rebuilt 5200 controller, I have several joypads and joysticks of infinitely better quality to choose from.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #654 on: October 03, 2015, 11:16:31 PM »

ya, that's the one!
Ya, he's pretty funny as well.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #655 on: October 05, 2015, 01:00:14 PM »

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 X1 - What happened? ....

Lego Batman 3 X1 - Much better than Tony Hawk. Not as good as Lego Jurassic Park.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #656 on: October 05, 2015, 01:44:16 PM »

Still wandering around New Vegas. A little too open-ended, not sure what to do. Spent a lot of time doing Yes Man's faction quests but I don't want to just run over and kill House and miss out on six or seven increments of The House Always Wins main quests. I think I'm overthinking it.

Started The Wolf Among Us as well. Only ever played one Telltale game (the original Walking Dead) and it took me about ten seconds to remember why. How tragic is it that Telltale makes these awesome interactive dramas when they run like a dumpster fire?

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #657 on: October 07, 2015, 07:54:12 AM »

Borderlands  (PS3) - Sledge beaten, now mopping up the random missions in Fyrestone.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #658 on: October 07, 2015, 11:01:06 AM »

Forza 6 X1: So far so good. It's a very good looking game.

I'm looking forward to trying out Read Only Memories ... just not sure if Steam or GOG. I've heard it compared to Snatcher.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #659 on: October 07, 2015, 11:44:30 AM »

Sidequesting/fooling around in New Vegas and picking here and there at Wolf Among Us.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length