RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:28:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849949 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #660 on: October 07, 2015, 08:50:44 PM »

Still playing Eternal Sonata not totally into it yet...

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #661 on: October 07, 2015, 10:48:19 PM »

I finished Rule of Rose a few days ago.  It has a really interesting story, and I like some of the gameplay mechanics (using the dog to search for stuff).  The worst thing about the game is by far the combat.  It's atrociously bad.  I really wish that they would have just ditched the combat altogether and just used that development time to implement some puzzles instead.  Overall, I'd say it's a good experience, even if it is frustrating at times.

Upon finishing Rule of Rose, I started Metro 2033.  I'm really enjoying this one.  Sure, it's an FPS, and the core of the game is just to shoot stuff, but it still has so much more going for it.  Being based on a novel, the story is pretty interesting, and the writing is very good also.  It also has a really great atmosphere.  This game is actually deeper than I thought it would be, which is a very pleasant surprise.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #662 on: October 08, 2015, 09:38:51 AM »

Uno (WP) - Been playing this lately in the mornings while the kids occupy the TV.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #663 on: October 08, 2015, 11:00:21 AM »

I finished Rule of Rose a few days ago.  It has a really interesting story, and I like some of the gameplay mechanics (using the dog to search for stuff).  The worst thing about the game is by far the combat.  It's atrociously bad.  I really wish that they would have just ditched the combat altogether and just used that development time to implement some puzzles instead.  Overall, I'd say it's a good experience, even if it is frustrating at times.

I've heard that combat is really bad in that game. Haunting Ground has a dog that is used for combat while you run away from the crazies chasing you Clock Tower style.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #664 on: October 09, 2015, 08:26:36 AM »

Forza 6 X1: - I haven't played a mainline Forza game since 2. It's a great game and one I could see myself playing for a long time.

Transformers Devastation X1: - Just installed it last night. I'm looking forward to trying out the game but I've heard it is only 5 hours long.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #665 on: October 09, 2015, 01:17:58 PM »

Borderlands (PS3) - Made it to New Haven, now for loads of side-quests and grinding to level up.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #666 on: October 11, 2015, 05:12:51 PM »

Fruit Ninja (WP) - Been playing this while at the in-laws for Thanksgiving.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #667 on: October 11, 2015, 07:28:20 PM »

Yep. Smiley

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #668 on: October 11, 2015, 07:41:44 PM »

^^^ COOL!

Finished The Wolf Among Us. Cool stuff, though the poor technical performance, as has been mentioned ad nauseum by myself and others on the internet, is unforgivable.

Playing through Old World Blues, one of the DLCs for New Vegas. I wish I had just finished New Vegas, gone to something else, and tried the DLCs later, but it's too late now.   

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #669 on: October 12, 2015, 08:10:49 AM »

Borderlands (PS3) - Krom seems like he might put up a fight.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #670 on: October 12, 2015, 11:59:33 AM »

Transformers Devastation X1 - Finished. If you like Bayonetta's combat and Transformers this is the game for you.

Forza 6 XI - One of my favorite games of the year. I'm working my way through the career.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #671 on: October 13, 2015, 02:45:39 AM »

Still playing Eternal Sonata not totally into it yet...

Yeah, I got about halfway through before I gave up on it. Had a tough time getting into it. Same thing happened with me and Nino Kuni

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #672 on: October 13, 2015, 07:02:21 AM »

After talking with Izret in the IRC Chat, I decided to dig out my Wii Copy of Mortal Kombat Armageddon and beat it with Goro. Goro rules!

EDIT: Did it again, this time with Kintaro. 4-Armed Warriors FTW! Cheesy

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 12:57:29 PM by ReddMcKnight » Logged

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #673 on: October 13, 2015, 09:10:01 PM »

Finished New Vegas and the Old World Blues DLC. Loved it all but was getting a little burned out near the end.

Not sure what is next!

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #674 on: October 13, 2015, 09:17:58 PM »

After talking with Izret in the IRC Chat, I decided to dig out my Wii Copy of Mortal Kombat Armageddon and beat it with Goro. Goro rules!

EDIT: Did it again, this time with Kintaro. 4-Armed Warriors FTW! Cheesy

I approve!

Playing a little Beach Buggy Racing before bed.
It is a pretty fun game truth be told.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length