RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:39:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | April 2021 Playthrough - Transistor 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: April 2021 Playthrough - Transistor  (Read 8540 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: March 24, 2021, 09:53:50 PM »

**image from gamingbolt.com

PARTICIPANTS:
Grayghost81
singlebanana
douglie007
Disposed_Hero
Mr_Stubbes
wildbil52

CHECKPOINTS:
Picking up the Pieces
The Empty Set
The Spine of The World
Bracket Towers
Canvas and Brush

*Note on checkpoints - This game is pretty short and not segmented very cleanly as you go through it. The checkpoints above are taken from  Bkstunt_31's walkthrough on Gamefaqs but I'll add that the Sybill boss fight is about one third into the game and The Spine fight is about two thirds in. Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 08:39:56 AM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 04:02:16 AM »

Never heard of it.  I guess I'm in lol

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 05:52:13 AM »

I never heard of it, either

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 08:19:20 AM »

I tried to play this once for a few minutes a while back but wasn't feeling it, so I'm gonna give it another shot next month. I'm pretty sure this was a PS+ title a while back so check your lists to see if you already have it.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 08:22:22 AM »

I tried to play this once for a few minutes a while back but wasn't feeling it, so I'm gonna give it another shot next month. I'm pretty sure this was a PS+ title a while back so check your lists to see if you already have it.

Confirmed this was PS+ at some point, that's how I am playing it. Otherwise it's $20 on Playstation Store or you could try to find a copy of the LRG print.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 08:55:17 AM »

I picked up the LRG print of this for the switch a while back and played it for a little bit and just never got back to it. I'll have to give it another shot, so I am in too.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 07:58:52 PM »

I just finished the game for the first time and enjoyed it way more than Bastion. To those who tried the game and didn't stick with it, hopefully this playthrough will inspire you to get into it because the combat system is pretty awesome and the game can be beaten in a few sittings.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 10:14:41 PM »

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I think you and I talked about it before, but I wasn't a huge fan of Bastion, so hopefully I'll fare better with this one. I really didn't give this game much of a chance before partially based on my experience with Bastion, but we'll see how it goes this time.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 05:24:47 PM »

Confirmed this was PS+ at some point, that's how I am playing it. Otherwise it's $20 on Playstation Store or you could try to find a copy of the LRG print.

I checked my PS+ games and, sadly, I don't have this one.

SMS set complete!
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 05:30:03 PM »

Maybe it's at your parents' house?

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 05:46:37 PM »

Maybe it's at your parents' house?

You know me!  I feel so inlove.

SMS set complete!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2021, 06:09:57 AM »

I also thought I got it on PS+ but the store says I need to buy it. so I think Ill get it on the Switch if thats the case

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2021, 07:45:00 PM »

Started it on the switch today. So far not bad, nice mix of action and tactical rpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2021, 03:11:59 PM »

Count me in.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2021, 07:46:41 AM »

Im=
I just finished the game for the first time and enjoyed it way more than Bastion. To those who tried the game and didn't stick with it, hopefully this playthrough will inspire you to get into it because the combat system is pretty awesome and the game can be beaten in a few sittings.

Really glad you are enjoying the game, Shawn! Like a bunch of others, I played this game a few times, and it didn't slap, so I stopped playing.  I love Supergiant, LOVE Bastion, and I always really wanted to like this game.  The art is so cool, the world is so cool, and Darren Korb's music fits the world so well

I played for a while last night (as you can tell from my live signature Wink and finished The Empty Set and aside from liking the concept, artwork, and music, the game really isn't clicking with me yet. 

Being able to swap abilities in and out of your 4 slots is great, every ability having a support function when slotted under a main abilitiy is cool, makes for MANY different build combinations. but I feel like the combat isnt interesting.  I feel like every battle, I hit the trigger, try to take out enemies, collect the guys so they don't re-spawn, and then run around behind pillars since that is all I can do until my meter charges up again.  I might watch some playthroughs of the parts I've already played to see if there is anything else I can do to make the combat feel more engaging.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length