RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:53:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | US Election 2008 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: US Election 2008  (Read 23043 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« on: August 29, 2008, 08:58:49 AM »

Anyone see the Obama speech last night?

Wow!  Shocked  He really threw down the gauntlet on McCain. We'll see how McCain responds.

If Obama keeps up his momentum, he could win in a landslide in November.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 11:08:13 AM »

I really liked the speech too. Did you here about McCain's running mate? A woman from Alaska!

Either way, there will be some history making, whoever gets into office.

Tell me about your variants...
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 11:57:31 AM »

Excellent speech by Obama. 

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 01:40:21 PM »

I haven't seen his speach, sadly, it was in the middle of the night here. Sad

Even though I'm not an american, I hope Obama wins the election. After 8 years of Bush and war in Iraq, there's need for a change. No need for the same.

I don't get what people see in Mccain anyway, this guy is so old already, he's 10 years older than Bush now is!
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 01:44:59 PM »

Anyone see the Obama speech last night?

Wow!  Shocked  He really threw down the gauntlet on McCain. We'll see how McCain responds.

If Obama keeps up his momentum, he could win in a landslide in November.

I'm pretty sure he will win a landslide.  I don't like either of the candidates, I think that obama is inexperienced and fake, and mccain isn't a real conservative. 

I'd say Ron paul all the way, he's the only candidate that was for complete freedom, but he isn't running anymore.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 02:13:13 PM »

It's the presidential election. Nobody wins in a landslide.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Tan
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 02:46:31 PM »

I don't get what people see in Mccain anyway, this guy is so old already, he's 10 years older than Bush now is!

Since I don't follow US politics or know their election platforms I can't speak on that regard. But anyone who could survive 5 1/2 years of torture and beatings would make one helluva tough opponent across the negotiating table.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 06:58:11 PM »

Since I don't follow US politics or know their election platforms I can't speak on that regard. But anyone who could survive 5 1/2 years of torture and beatings would make one helluva tough opponent across the negotiating table.
You're right. His army history will certainly appeal to a part of the American voters.

All I was saying is he's pretty old to become president now. Certainly when you look at the ages of the previous presidents, aswell as Obama's age. That's all Wink
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 07:21:40 PM »

Even though I'm not an american, I hope Obama wins the election. After 8 years of Bush and war in Iraq, there's need for a change. No need for the same.
Agreed.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 08:56:23 PM »

You're right. His army history will certainly appeal to a part of the American voters.

All I was saying is he's pretty old to become president now. Certainly when you look at the ages of the previous presidents, aswell as Obama's age. That's all Wink

Well you asked what people saw in him, I'm sure being a war hero is a big part of his appeal. Besides, he's not much older than Reagan was when he took office or Bush Sr. when he left it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 08:57:59 PM by Tan » Logged
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 11:38:03 AM »

Besides, he's not much older than Reagan was when he took office or Bush Sr. when he left it.
Yeah, you're right. I guess I'm "too" used of the presidents being younger. For me, the ideal age for a president is around 50-55.

Don't worry though, I'm not trying to make him look bad, just stating my opinion on the subject Wink
Tan
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 02:15:55 PM »

Don't worry though, I'm not trying to make him look bad, just stating my opinion on the subject Wink

He seems to be doing a good job of that all on his own. slick
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 05:35:26 PM »

laugh

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 06:39:50 PM »

Choosing Sarah Palin as running mate was a big mistake I think. He might aswell choose Claudia Schiffer, same thing.

What "couple" looks strongest to you? Obama-Biden or Mccain-Palin? I think that's pretty clear.
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 09:04:18 AM »

Choosing Sarah Palin as running mate was a big mistake I think. He might aswell choose Claudia Schiffer, same thing.
Not really, most people know who Claudia Schiffer is!!

What "couple" looks strongest to you? Obama-Biden or Mccain-Palin? I think that's pretty clear.
I was pretty disappointed in the Biden selection.  How do you run on a platform of "Change" and then pick someone who has been part of the problem for 35 years as a running-mate.  I understand the political reasons for picking him, it just seems to deviate from his message so far.  Oh well I guess the Status Quo will be intact for 4 more years.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length