RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:24:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | RFG App for Android: The official thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: RFG App for Android: The official thread!  (Read 181011 times)
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2013, 12:24:31 PM »

Yup, definitely a good idea, definitely on the list of things to do. I'm taking longer than I should with the random because I wanted to try some new interfaces rather than just kicking to the existing game info screen.

InsouciantSoul
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2013, 02:52:45 PM »

Take your time. Smiley Great work!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2013, 09:01:19 AM »

Had a submission correcting a UPC that directly mentioned it being done because the UPC search couldn't find it in the Android app. Figured I'd let you know that people are using it, Grue. Tongue

Kabonk
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2013, 08:25:59 PM »

I was wondering if there was a way to sort games you have more than one copy. I would like to just convert any games that I have more than one copy of to the for trade file. Is there a quick way?

Love the app!! Thanks

SirConnery
Donor

Stats
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2013, 12:56:18 AM »

This app is great. I use it when browsing thrift shops. It's going to be put to solid use when I go to Midwest Gaming Classic this year.

~SirConnery
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2013, 10:50:42 AM »

I was wondering if there was a way to sort games you have more than one copy. I would like to just convert any games that I have more than one copy of to the for trade file. Is there a quick way?

Love the app!! Thanks

Not sure about the app, but we have sortable columns on the site. Just click on the column title in your collection and it'll sort by ascending/descending order.

Kabonk
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2013, 07:14:40 PM »

Shadow,

Thanks for the response. I can export to excel as well What I was hoping was that I could somehow quickly make a for trade list with anything I have more than one of instead of having to re-pick all the games.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2013, 07:19:59 PM »

Nope - that functionality doesn't exist on the site nor the app.

RetroExplorer
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2013, 11:28:25 PM »

not sure if its been mentioned yet but when I'm in my collection folder and click to filter it brings up all the different consoles for games in my wish list and other folders. Was hoping it would filter just by what consoles are in the selected folder.
The Great Melon
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2014, 08:07:49 PM »

I have been having trouble similar to Brianstorm99's issues.  Anytime I click the refresh icon next to the "All Folder" the app only updates the "Wishlist" and "For Sale/Trade" (which happen to both have nothing in them).  If the "Collection" category is selected for refresh the app will sit there spinning forever.   I have tried logging with different capitalization combinations, but nothing seems works.  Any ideas on what might be wrong given that I am logging in with the correct capitalization?

EDIT:
Just to give a little more information, I am able to add games to my collection through the app.  These additions stay even when I do an update of the collection.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 08:20:08 PM by The Great Melon » Logged
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2014, 06:06:55 PM »

I have been having trouble similar to Brianstorm99's issues.  Anytime I click the refresh icon next to the "All Folder" the app only updates the "Wishlist" and "For Sale/Trade" (which happen to both have nothing in them).  If the "Collection" category is selected for refresh the app will sit there spinning forever.   I have tried logging with different capitalization combinations, but nothing seems works.  Any ideas on what might be wrong given that I am logging in with the correct capitalization?

EDIT:
Just to give a little more information, I am able to add games to my collection through the app.  These additions stay even when I do an update of the collection.

Hey, Shadow just paged me to the thread because some folks were having issues related to games from newer consoles, I'm going to try giving myself the same PS4 games you've got and I'll see if I can recreate the issue.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2014, 10:07:20 AM »

I've been using the app to add some games to my collection and have a couple suggestions. When on a game page, the RFG logo should take you back to the main screen, its just a bit annoying to use the back arrow multiple times.
And this one may not even be something you can change, but even when you're in portrait mode, the UPC reader always goes to landscape mode.

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2014, 02:00:30 PM »

I've been using the app to add some games to my collection and have a couple suggestions. When on a game page, the RFG logo should take you back to the main screen, its just a bit annoying to use the back arrow multiple times.
And this one may not even be something you can change, but even when you're in portrait mode, the UPC reader always goes to landscape mode.

Yeah, I need to make the app use a proper, modern Action Bar. I'm trying to get back in to the Android swing of things lately and make some improvements to fit a more modern look and feel. I tried to do some R&D last weekend, but ended up getting distracted with, you know, actual site problems. The app's not too useful when RFG is down! Tongue

As for the second thing, I think that's just how the barcode scanner is.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2014, 06:12:46 PM »

Yeah, I need to make the app use a proper, modern Action Bar. I'm trying to get back in to the Android swing of things lately and make some improvements to fit a more modern look and feel. I tried to do some R&D last weekend, but ended up getting distracted with, you know, actual site problems. The app's not too useful when RFG is down! Tongue

As for the second thing, I think that's just how the barcode scanner is.
Its no big deal, I mainly just wanted to post them while I was thinking about them so when you're looking for improvements to make they're here.

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
flywheels
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2014, 02:31:51 PM »

I just installed the app on my new phone and when I logged in it says I have 0 in my collection.  Is there something I'm not doing right?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length