RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:21:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Nintendo Wii Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Wii Discussion  (Read 32526 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2006, 01:30:25 PM »

I get my Wii at midnight and I don't have to camp out to do it.

http://www.planetgamecube...m/newsArt.cfm?artid=12415

Hello World.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2006, 07:11:05 PM »

I just got my phone call from Aeris.... my Wii can be picked up Sunday at Midnight... I know what I'll be doing all overnight on Saturday.

Hello World.
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2006, 08:03:04 PM »

is it somehitng with a Donkey 3 Gophers and a tub of butter?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2006, 08:08:52 PM »

is it somehitng with a Donkey 3 Gophers and a tub of butter?

WTF LMAO

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2006, 09:13:02 PM »

Well, my wife is actually the one to convince me to camp out.... and she is doing it too!!!!  So hopefully two Wii's for us.  She's actually more excited than me.  Who would have imagined?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2006, 09:16:36 PM »

A co-worker played Wii Sports at Best Buy, and now she must have one. I'm kind of shocked.

Hello World.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2006, 01:10:58 AM »

Well, the moment has come, and damn it is awesome.

Hello World.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2006, 04:46:15 AM »

I'm hardcore old skool Sega and have yet to own a Nintendo product..... but to be perfectly honest the Wii is the closest I've come to getting a Nintendo system despite it's name even.  I saw a pre-order sheet for the Wii with only $39 upfront, and a total price of $400 (yes, Australian currency sucks, and people after the top end PS3 here have to be crazy as it's $999)

So I think Nintendo have a good thing going here, not to mention it has a big jump on the PS3 here since the PS3 wont even come out until after the Xmas rush around March?!

So I was surprised by just how modest Nintendo's approach is as shown in this headline. They aren't even attempting to be no.1, they are happy with 3rd place as long they double their sales figures of the Game Cube. However this modest approach in itself may be Nintendo's marketing strategy as with this attitude, they aren't as likely to turn people against them. I mean I prefer it.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/n...m/media_nintendo_wii_dc_5

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #173 on: November 19, 2006, 05:50:10 AM »

They launch at noon today here. Due to labor laws in Manitoba, nobody did midnight or early launches. We have two plans so if one doesn't pan out another will hopefully. We have backup plans as well. Bought supplies (bottles of soda, blah) and are ready to go. Leaving here at quarter after nine so you guys'll know by about 2-3pm est if I got one - unless I get one and am too busy with it to post.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #174 on: November 19, 2006, 07:35:58 AM »

I thought about waiting in line for the Wii. We drove by Best Buy at 11PM and there was only 3 people in line.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2006, 02:12:31 PM »

We got our Wii, 4th in line. Haven't opened it yet cause we had to run some errands but we'll get into it soon as we eat.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2006, 02:27:27 PM »

There were a bunch of people at Best Buy last night.

We spit on them.

When shall his new form be revealed?
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2006, 02:40:55 PM »

my parents decided to be awesome and pick one up as an xmas gift for me.....so, they tried at a few places....no luck....so, they randomly walked into EB and asked about it.....and EB sold them one.....WITHOUT a preorder.....no i just have to wait a month until i go home for xmas.....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
JWKobayashi
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2006, 08:00:24 PM »

My local Best Buy had 87 units.  I got there at about 8:45 PM, and was 10th in line.  All 87 units were spoken for by about 6:00 AM.  I'm just glad that I was one of the first few, as I don't think that they had enough copies of Zelda to go around.

Had to deal with hecklers about every half hour up until around 2 AM, including one mooner.  Has several people drive by after midnight waving their Wii boxes out the window.  One guy leaned out of the side door of a van and nearly fell out with his Wii in hand.  Too many hilbillies in our area here.

[img width=350 height=19]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/JLateralus.gif[/img]
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2006, 10:02:18 PM »

Just for fun, I checked all the retail locations around me.  All of them had signs out front saying they were sold out of both the PS3 and the Wii.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length