RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:39:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Same Old Bengals 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Same Old Bengals  (Read 54776 times)
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2005, 04:42:28 PM »

Did they mention when Houshmandzadeh might return?  Seems kinda lame to have him out more than two games because of a hand injury.  Isn't he good enough to play one handed anyways?

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2005, 06:43:25 AM »

I couldn't find anything out about Houshmandzadeh's status for next week, but I did read that Roethlisberger will probably be back next week.  That will make a big difference in the game, since the two games the Steelers have lost this year are the one Ben got injured in and the one he did not play in.  Next week's game should be a good one.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2005, 07:44:03 AM »

The entire city is going to be glued to the game come Sunday, and it will be a rather enjoyable time.

May the Steelers find a most unwelcome presence in the 'nati, and may they suffer the agony of defeat.

Hello World.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2005, 08:04:51 AM »

For a while there (late 90's) I remember that the only team we could beat consistantly was the steelers.  Now I realize that the Steelers have gotten much better with the new tallent, but so have we.  If it is true what they say about history repeating itself, then I think we will win this game.  It's our turn :-)

Bengals will win the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2005, 08:22:22 AM »

I think the Bengals will go into the AFC championship against Indianapolis.  I'm not sure yet how I forsee that panning out, if it does happen.

P.S.  I can't believe I'm saying this and actually meaning it.  The Bengals have been sooooo bad for so, so long.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2005, 09:02:30 AM »

Well, we did beat them in the pre-season.  (I know, I know, they didn't play their first string, but I can still dream.)

St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2005, 03:39:45 PM »

Wow, can you tell we have a lot of cinci people on the boards?

I have to agree, it is actually fun to watch the Bengals now, a very welcome relief from the epitamy of awfulness they were just 2 or 3 years back.  The Steelers game should be good, especially since the Bengals only weakness this year seems to be their run defense.

And on a side note, does anybody know what the hell the three diamonds on the steelers emblem stands for?

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2005, 05:49:41 PM »

There is one diamond for every interception that the bengals will make this game.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2005, 05:10:25 AM »

I had to look this up since I had no idea, but here you go:

In 1962, Republic Steel of Cleveland approached the Steelers and suggested that they consider the Steelmark, the insignia used by the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI), as a helmet logo to honor Pittsburgh's steel heritage. The Steelmark logo, a circle enclosing three hypocycloids (diamonds with inward-curving edges) and the word STEEL, was created by U.S. Steel Corp. (now known as USX Corp.) to educate consumers about the importance of steel in their daily lives.

The Steelers liked the idea presented by Republic Steel, despite the fact that the company was located in the city of their bitterest rival, the Cleveland Browns, and proudly sported the new logo on their helmets for the 1962 season. After qualifying that year for their first-ever postseason game, they changed the color of their helmets from gold to solid black, which also served to highlight the new logo they felt had brought them good luck.

One last change occurred to the logo in 1963 when the Steelers petitioned the AISI to allow them to change the word 'Steel' inside the Steelmark to 'Steelers.' The Steelers later added the gold stripe and player numbers and changed the face masks from grey to black, but otherwise the helmet has remained virtually unchanged since 1963.

Info thanks to: http://pittsburgh.about.c.../football/l/aa121401a.htm

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2005, 04:11:29 AM »

Regarding T.J, Marvin Lewis said the following yesterday at a press conference:

Opening comments:
ML: Starting out with the injuries, we'll have three guys that we right now list as questionable. T.J. Houshmandzadeh, who is really improving and is testifying to play. Tony Stewart with the back should also be able to work tomorrow, and then Madieu Williams with the shoulder. Madieu is spending a little time, seeing his physician, so we'll see where that comes out. The probable guy will be Rudi Johnson. Other than that, we should be good to go. We'll gain 2 guys today, Steven Vieira and Caleb Miller, off our PUP list. They'll begin their practice time today.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2005, 07:00:31 AM »

If TJ is put in, even if he doesn't play well, still greatly increases our chances of winning.  If they steelers have to guard two potentially very good recievers , then their defense will be weaker for it.  

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2005, 10:46:46 AM »

I heard they were selling tickets for tomorrows game only in packs of two to keep steelers fans away. Meaning they have to buy tickets for two bengals games.

When shall his new form be revealed?
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2005, 05:21:52 PM »

Stupid steelers cheated.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2005, 05:46:16 PM »

Our first touchdown so counted. That was a shot in the gut, and could have severly effected our play for the rest of the game.  On the plus side, we are still a young team, and should only get better.  

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2005, 01:21:10 PM »

Yeah we're still just making rookie mistakes. Lots of rookie mistakes.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length