RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:38:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Same Old Bengals 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Same Old Bengals  (Read 53907 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2004, 06:20:26 PM »

Who Dey!!!! Superbowl here we come!! Wink

:ninjaturtle: Nice Smiley

When shall his new form be revealed?
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2004, 09:12:11 PM »

Hahahaha.  Don't know about the Super Bowl, but that was a good, hard-fought win.  Palmer is definitely improving.  Houshmanzadah (spelled horribly wrong, I'm sure) had his best game of the season easily.  Chad Johnson also had a great game.  They shot themselves in the foot a few times on defense with penalties, and the excessive celebration call was garbage, but it was a pretty good game for the team.  Winning at Baltimore against a good defense like that is no small feat.  Who dey.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2004, 05:35:59 PM »

STUPID PATRIOTS!! STUPID BRIBED REFS!! STUPID PALMER!! STUPID KITNA!! STUPID BENGALS!!!

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2004, 09:25:36 PM »

The refs did make a few bad calls (Dillon's "touchdown" was not even close), but there were a lot more problems with the Bengals offense shooting themselves in their own feet.  Having 9 penalties for 75 yards, most of them in a single drive, is just plain dumb.  Three turnovers going the wrong way didn't help too much either.  Before the game, I told my dad, "They can win this if they don't do anything stupid."  I was right.  Too bad they did a lot of stupid things to beat themselves.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2004, 05:42:58 AM »

I was kinda hoping that Dillon being on the Pats side would make the Bengals step up and look like a team for once, but apparently I was wrong.  Oh well, there is always next year.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2004, 08:28:45 AM »

Well the defense did well, and they contained Dillon too.  I have no real beef with the defense.  Even though New England scored 35 points, it was more the offense's fault, because of turnovers.  Especially at the end of the game, the defense played very well.  I think they held the Patriots twice to three-and-out.  Then the offense got the ball back with another chance to score and instead gave up the ball.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2004, 03:35:43 PM »

Man, that game today was AWFUL.  They haven't played a game that horrible in several years.  They truly played like the Bengals team I grew up with.  Let's see...  Go three-and-out after three incomplete passes that were all tipped by defenders.  Then, have a punt blocked and let the other team recover it in the end zone for a TD.  Later, let's have Rudi Johnson run for 25 or 30 yards to give us some hope, only to fumble it at the end of the run.  Then let's not forget Kitna's two fumbles and two interceptions, one of which was run back 60 yards or so for a score.  Disgusting.

The worst part?  I went down to this crapfest in spite of the 0 degree temperature, with wind chills several degrees below zero.  It was no Freezer Bowl by any means (-60 degree windchills in the AFC championship when the Bengals didn't suck), but it was way too cold for them to give Cincinnatians a shitty performance like that.  They didn't deserve a sellout crowd today.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2004, 03:51:28 PM »

Take my last post on this thread. Replace Patriots with Bills. Take out Ref comment.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 03:51:57 PM by The_Other_Leon » Logged

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2004, 05:37:50 AM »

I went down to this crapfest in spite of the 0 degree temperature, with wind chills several degrees below zero.  It was no Freezer Bowl by any means (-60 degree windchills in the AFC championship when the Bengals didn't suck), but it was way too cold for them to give Cincinnatians a shitty performance like that.  They didn't deserve a sellout crowd today.

hey bones i was there too!  that game just sucked ass tho.
i dont know if it was kitna or what.  but it was a cold motherfucker out there and the bills fans suck ass.
wish i would have seen you.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2004, 09:57:06 AM »

What section were you sitting in?  I was waaaaay at the top towards the river side of the stadium.  Section 347, row 18, seat 11 or 12 I think.  There were a bunch of Bills fans around me and they were pretty bad indeed.  I was there with my dad and younger sisters, and when we left, some of them started cursing at us.  It was just really tacky and pretty immature.  It's not like my 13 year old sister was being disrespectful to them, so they really had no excuse.

I bet you had better seats than we did.  We were right in the path of the wind.  Luckily we at least had the sun for a while.

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2004, 04:54:50 AM »

i cant remember the exact seats but we were in the sun all day long.  so i'm guessing that we were on different sides.  i was way up at the top also.

this weeks game is the one that chad johnson bought tickets for.  15 rows from the field by te tunnel they come in and out of.  

he just sent kelly a christmas ordament to work for her, signed... pepto ordament.
(maybe i should be worried?  Wink)

at the end of the bills game we were down by the tunnel and she went ape to see him... he was talking to his woman in the stands.  i could have reached down and grabed his face mask he was so close.  anyway, kelly went ape and his girlfriend didnt like that too much, i dont think.  then i had to drag her (kelly) to the car so that she wouldnt follow chad's girlfriend.

thats the lastest on the chad johnson saga.  he's a pretty nice guy.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2004, 09:42:53 AM »

Sounds like you were probably on level 3 somewhere on the visitors' side too.  You may have been close to us, or you may have been on the other side of the stadium.  Have fun at the game this week, though.  Hopefully they'll play better than they did last week.  I'll probably miss the game though, since I'm going to be in Flint by the time the game starts.  Plus, I'm hoping the Pittsburgh game will be on.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2004, 06:57:43 AM »

Damn that's cool.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2004, 03:24:08 PM »

Oops, forgot to make my weekly noise. Anyway.
8 and 8 HERE WE COME!!!! :rock:

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2005, 09:38:29 AM »

Looks like we got it.  I didn't see the game since I was out of town and it wasn't on TV there, but I'm glad they beat Philly by 28.  Without looking, I'm guessing Philly had their starters out for most of the game to save them for the playoffs.  Even so, a win is a win, and consecutive .500 seasons for the Bengals is certainly a lot better than we've had in a long, long time.  Good for them.  If only they could have been a little less dumb on a few occasions this season, they might be going to the post-season.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length