RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:19:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February Modern Community Playthrough - Kingdom Hearts 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: February Modern Community Playthrough - Kingdom Hearts  (Read 16944 times)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2014, 10:32:27 AM »

@Fleach:

I believe that the path you listed (Should my path have been: Traverse Town > Wonderland > Traverse Town > Colosseum?) has to be the way to reach the Colosseum. I don't believe that you can go to the Colosseum straight from the Jungle.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2014, 10:06:02 PM »

@Fleach:
This is a photo of the worlds map available so far:

Spoiler (hover to show)

As you can see, the Colosseum is accessible via Deep Jungle or Traverse Town, but not directly accessible from Wonderland.  Hope this helps.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2014, 11:04:04 PM »

I figured it out earlier today. Thanks though.

I'm currently stuck in the Colisseum preliminary battles. I can't get past the fifth round if I'm lucky because I'm doing all the work during combat. Donald and Goofy just run around and when they attack, they miss. So these fights are pretty much one against ten and an off-screen magic using enemy will always take me out.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 08:48:12 AM »

I figured it out earlier today. Thanks though.

I'm currently stuck in the Colisseum preliminary battles. I can't get past the fifth round if I'm lucky because I'm doing all the work during combat. Donald and Goofy just run around and when they attack, they miss. So these fights are pretty much one against ten and an off-screen magic using enemy will always take me out.

I actually found Donald and Goofy to be pretty effective against the smaller enemies.  They seem to do a pretty decent job of taking them out, even without my help.  They're pretty worthless on the bosses though, at least in the early game.

You can change their combat tactics from the menu.  Perhaps there's something there that could help?

At any rate, I just finished the Colosseum and made it to the Deep Jungle.  The Colosseum boss was tough at first, but became much easier once I figured out the strategy for taking him down.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:53:30 AM by Disposed Hero » Logged

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2014, 09:40:04 AM »

Made it to Agrabah and I'm on my way to the Desert.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2014, 10:02:07 AM »

I can't explain why Donald and Goofy are useless in my game. Originally they were set to "Balanced" but I kept losing fights so I changed them to "Defensive" or whatever utilizes support magic and I'm still losing in the Coliseum.

Oh well. I'll fiddle around with the settings more at some point during the weekend.

I've been doing some research into the game and it seems to have polarized many people. There are those who love it to death, and those who didn't like the game at all. All I can say is, "how can people look past all these flaws?" I'd compare this game to going on a picnic near a bee hive. Everything starts out OK, then every once in a while a bee comes out to annoy you and sours the whole experience because it won't leave you alone with your hot date.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2014, 10:35:51 AM »

I think I have them set to fight more aggressively in my game.  I don't remember my exact settings.  Maybe try setting them to attack constantly and see if you have better results.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2014, 09:43:43 PM »

I don't think I ever turned them off the aggressive mode in my previous playthroughs. I would act as the healer as needed, and Donald would actually heal more and do more spell damage. Goofy is meant to tank, so let him pull and hold aggro, then heal him while taking out the weaker enemies.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2014, 05:29:40 AM »

I beat Atlantica last night. This world was a real source of frustration. Well, actually the boss was. When ya'll get there I'd recommend checking a faq because she's a pain, but not exactly difficult once you know what to do. It did take me three nights trying to beat her though. I saved and quit right at the beginning of Halloween Town so I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

The worlds are so hit and miss. I like a lot of them and I hate a few of them. I hope the game ends well or I'll have a really bad lasting impression of it.

Well I think I only have two more worlds left with mandatory trips to Traverse Town here and there but I'm hoping to be able to jump ship soon and go hit up some Parasite Eve!

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2014, 11:27:29 AM »

Finished Agrabah and currently fighting my way through Monstro.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2014, 12:35:13 AM »

Since Friday:

Sealed Deep Jungle
Sealed Traverse Town
Sealed Agrabah
Beat Prison Cage Parasite Cage in The Evil Forest Monstro

Other progress:
-------------------
54 Puppies found
Beat Phil Cup (all modes, time trial 1'09)
Beat Pegasus Cup (team mode only)
2 pages of Hundred Acre Woods (125 licks, 008 Tigger bounces)
0 successful attempts to play Parasite Eve Sad
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2014, 06:04:41 PM »

Just finished the game. Boy, I have a lot of mixed feelings about this one. As I mentioned in my last post, I was hoping to be left with a good impression. Fittingly, the last five hours of the game were a mixed bag, with a certain stretch being the absolute height of frustration.

On my last post I was about to start Halloween Town. I liked Halloween Town. After that is Neverland, which had some pretty cool moments. Overall I liked Neverland as well.

There were sections of Hollow Bastion and The End of the World that made me want to throw my beloved PS2 Slim out into the snow. One ridiculous sequence has you fighting through wave after wave of the game's most pain the ass enemies to get out of a sealed room. I'm pretty sure this lasted me over a half hour and I died once in the middle of it and had to start over. That was bullshit. Worst part of the game.

However, from the final save point to the roll of the credits, I had a decent time through the eighty different final bosses. For a game that had some surprisingly brutal parts, the final boss sequence was very forgiving in that you basically checkpoint after each stage of the boss so if you die, you don't have to do it again. I had set aside two hours to finish the game and it took me less than 45 minutes. If you're curious I was level 53 at the last save point and I really didn't have too much trouble with the end bosses. That's on normal difficulty.

For me this was a game that took me a long time to get my hands on, and I really wanted it. Since I got it, it's been calling to me from the shelf. I've been really wanting to play it for a long time. For the most part I'm glad I did. I'm hoping I will be able to look back on this game fondly. It ended well enough, and I think this game had so much potential which I'm hoping (and have heard) was built upon for the sequels.

I'll be adding the entire sequence I took through the game to the original post. If anyone cares I used this walkthrough: http://www.gamefaqs.com/p...kingdom-hearts/faqs/41498

I picked it randomly and wouldn't recommend using it. It got the job done but is very poorly written. If you're going to use a walkthrough there are much better ones I'm sure.

Well, it's time to change teams and fire up another unique Square title...

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2014, 07:21:08 PM »

Still stuck in the Coliseum.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2014, 09:19:38 AM »

I'm working my way through Halloween Town.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2014, 01:58:13 PM »

Half way through Hollow Bastion.

@Fleach: The Colosseum is optional, so you can always duck out if you're having a hard time then come back when you have better levels and equipment
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length