RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:03:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February Modern Community Playthrough - Kingdom Hearts 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: February Modern Community Playthrough - Kingdom Hearts  (Read 16752 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 08:42:23 AM »

Waiting for February.  I'll get started on either this or PE (or both) tomorrow!

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 08:51:10 AM »

I'm going to start playing this weekend.

February is going to be a busy gaming month. I want to finish EarthBound, participate in both Community Playthroughs, play The Wolf Among Us Episode 2, and Broken Age Part 1. Wish me luck!

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 09:15:31 AM »

I'll try to play through this but my game time is very limited of late.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 07:46:14 PM »

Started playing around 2am Feb 1st.

Chose the Warrior, gave up the Mystic.

Have left the first area.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 10:58:31 PM »

Now we're talkin'

All business. I like it. Thanks for contributing. Enjoy the game!

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2014, 11:43:57 AM »

If i didn't just finish a full playthrough of this game a few months back, I'd be all over this.  Have fun, everyone!

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 11:45:35 AM »

If i didn't just finish a full playthrough of this game a few months back, I'd be all over this.  Have fun, everyone!

I know you're a big fan, Bil. I'd be thrilled if you joined our discussions about the game anyway.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2014, 11:55:12 AM »

I know you're a big fan, Bil. I'd be thrilled if you joined our discussions about the game anyway.

Be happy to.  Also, KH2.5 is out this year, that would be a great one to do close to release.

Stigzilla
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2014, 01:32:29 PM »

I couldn't agree more with Bil, I was actually thinking that myself.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2014, 11:09:06 AM »

Well, what do you know? The DYKG for Kingdom Hearts just came out yesterday. Nothing spoilery either, unless you don't want to see the final boss from KHII.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2014, 10:14:49 PM »

I made the same choices.

The fetch quests at the very beginning were grueling. I really think Sora needs to find better friends, because they made him gather all the food and materials for the raft by himself. Not cool!

I played up to the part where you have to leave Traverse Town. So far it's really cool to see Final Fantasy characters in an unusual setting and context. Wakka and Squall's voice actors were terrible though.

So we're not doing checkpoints for this? In that case, since there are sixteen major events/locations I'm going to do four per week as my own personal checkpoints.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2014, 10:38:58 PM »

Checkpoint 1 is Wonderland, although I don't know if that allows for the Collosseum.  Currently have been doing everything NOT to complete Wonderland 'cuz I'm already up to the boss.

The redesigns are nice, and it's a shame they didn't appear as alternate costumes in the Dissidia series (esp. Cloud).  The FF actors are a little jarring, although what really gets me is how Tidus has no navel (yet Yuffie has a very well-defined midriff).
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2014, 10:49:22 PM »

The redesigns are nice, and it's a shame they didn't appear as alternate costumes in the Dissidia series (esp. Cloud).  The FF actors are a little jarring, although what really gets me is how Tidus has no navel (yet Yuffie has a very well-defined midriff).

I guess they had to put something in there for the post-pubescent boys. Wink I actually like Yuffie's portrayal in this game since I found her to be cute and spunky despite stealing all my Materia.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 07:29:38 AM »

The game is open-ended obviously. The checkpoints I've posted are just the way I did it. Feel free to blaze your own trails. Just fyi, after Wonderland I did the Colosseum and then The Deep Jungle.

Has anyone done any upgrades to the gummi ship yet? That gummi garage may be one of the worst interfaces I have ever encountered in a game. Every time I try it I get flustered in about 30 seconds and quit. I'm still flying around with the stock ship.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:39:43 AM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 07:35:25 AM »

I didn't read far enough to find out your path/checkpoints. Looks like I'm not too far off for now.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length