RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:40:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February Modern Community Playthrough - Kingdom Hearts 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: February Modern Community Playthrough - Kingdom Hearts  (Read 16754 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2014, 02:32:16 PM »

I didn't know that. Thanks. I'll try skipping that world for the time being.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2014, 10:10:44 AM »

Since my last update I have finished the Deep Jungle, revisited Traverse Town, and am now nearing the end of Agrabah.  So far, Agrabah seems like one of the more enjoyable worlds in the game, in my opinion.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2014, 08:44:46 AM »

Have beaten Hollow Bastion (second visit), which is satisfying as I couldn't beat the boss of Hollow Bastion (first visit) when I originally played.  A satisfying fight, especially since I managed to take him down on the third attempt. 

This also means I have unlocked the Hades Cup in the Colosseum.  As well as Sephiroth, who takes me out in two hits under 30 seconds because a) I can't wound him and b) I'm paying too much attention to One Winged Angel.  I also found an optional boss in Agrabah, so I advise people to give it a go before jumping ship to Parasite Eve.
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2014, 09:12:56 AM »

I also found an optional boss in Agrabah, so I advise people to give it a go before jumping ship to Parasite Eve.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll have to look into that.

Since the roads were all icy the last couple of days, I've had a lot of gaming time on my hands.  Since my last update, I've finished Agrabah, Monstro, and Atlantica.  I also completed the Pegasus Cup at the Coliseum.

I've gotta say, I never liked this game all that much, but it's really grown on me.  I think somewhere around Agrabah was the turning point where I started enjoying it a lot more.  It's not perfect by any means, particularly the annoying camera issues, but it has redeemed itself in my eyes.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2014, 12:36:42 PM »

Disposed and Raidou, I'm confident that you both can finish the game this weekend if you wanted to. Looks like we picked two good games this month because everyone wants to play them both, which is awesome!

Typically we'd space out the checkpoints to play through the whole month, but since I blew through the game with the intent of playing Parasite Eve, I say go for it! Just don't forget to share your thoughts here, and keep coaching Fleach through the game Wink. You can do it buddy!

Raidou, I saw the Hades Cup had 49 Seeds and I said "F- that!" Is Sephiroth the #1 seed or somewhere in the middle like Cloud was?

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2014, 01:13:50 PM »

Heh, we're only half way through the month, I'm not in that big of a hurry to finish it Smiley

I intend on doing most of the side content in the game as well because, well, that's just how I play RPG/adventure games.  Taking down Sephiroth may be a bit ambitious, but I'm gonna give it a shot.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2014, 01:59:19 AM »

Disposed and Raidou, I'm confident that you both can finish the game this weekend if you wanted to. Looks like we picked two good games this month because

Raidou, I saw the Hades Cup had 49 Seeds and I said "F- that!" Is Sephiroth the #1 seed or somewhere in the middle like Cloud was?

Am currently at the Giant Crevasse, so yeah, I'll beat it by the end of the day Cheesy

The Sephiroth battle is its own thing, listed as Huh? or Platinum Match when you speak to Phil and available as soon as you seal Hollow Bastion.  Your obscenities are still fairly justified.  

Taking down Sephiroth will give you a special surprise if you're playing 1.5HD/Final Mix, so I hope someone here can do better at it than I have (level 62 and I still can't wound him or survive 2 hits).  Either that or we could time our failed attempts like a rodeo show.

UPDATE:  Just beat the game....
Spoiler (hover to show)

I'm glad I played this game, and finally beat it, as I enjoyed this game much more than I did originally. I still could not call myself a huge fan of the franchise, but I can enjoy the game and look past many of its flaws since I consider it an experiment.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:06:22 AM by Raidou » Logged
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2014, 07:27:28 AM »

Congrats Raidou. Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on the game.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2014, 10:24:35 PM »

I'm leveling up before I try and finish the game.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2014, 09:08:43 AM »

Over the weekend, I finished Halloween Town and Neverland.  Looks like next it's back to Traverse Town and then on to the Hollow Bastion.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2014, 08:44:57 AM »

Finished the first trip to Hollow Bastion.  I've been doing some sidequesting (aka leveling up) before tackling the return trip to Hollow Bastion, but I think I'm ready to take it on now.  I sealed the 100 Acre Woods, found all trinity marks, and have found all dalmatians except for 1 more group (I think) found in the Hollow Bastion.

For anybody that wants to do some level grinding before finishing the game, you can get an EXP Ring by sealing the 100 Acre Woods that increases all EXP gained by 20%.  You can also make one at the synthesis shop, but I've never had all the necessary components to make one.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2014, 08:57:45 AM »

Thanks for checking in guys. I've been negligent in my hosting duties on this thread so I appreciate that you guys have auto-piloted it to the end.

Lots of good info Disposed. I didn't even do the 100 Acre Woods.

You still have a whole week to finish the game. Although Raidou and I disagreed a little on the fun level of the final boss(es), I think we'll all agree that it's worth finishing the game. For how hot and cold I was through the whole thing, I was very happy to roll them credits.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2014, 02:22:08 AM »

So we haven't talked much about side quests this playthrough.

Has anyone attempted Sephiroth (unlocked after Hollow Bastion)or the Ice Titan (Unlocked after completing Hades Cup)?
What about optional bosses in other worlds?  I mentioned there was one in Agrabah, has anyone found others in Hollow Bastion or Neverland?
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2014, 09:59:37 AM »

How appropriate... $11 for a Kingdom Hearts tee shirt on Tee Fury.

Get 'em while they're hot!

http://www.teefury.com/

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2014, 08:51:02 AM »

I made it to the final save point in the End of the World, but for some reason I felt compelled to go back and do all the side content.  Lately I've been grinding for synthesis materials so I can make Sora's ultimate weapon.  All the grinding is also helping me gain levels which will surely come in handy on the harder optional bosses.

So we haven't talked much about side quests this playthrough.

Has anyone attempted Sephiroth (unlocked after Hollow Bastion)or the Ice Titan (Unlocked after completing Hades Cup)?
What about optional bosses in other worlds?  I mentioned there was one in Agrabah, has anyone found others in Hollow Bastion or Neverland?

I attempted fighting Sephiroth and the boss in the Hollow Bastion with no actual intention of beating them, just for shits and giggles since I wanted to show them to a friend who was over at the time.  They were hard for sure, but didn't feel impossibly hard.  I think after all the leveling up I'll be doing for the synthesis stuff, I should be good to go for taking them out.

Update:  I took out the optional boss in Agrabah.  He wasn't very hard, just kinda annoying.

Update 2:  I beat the optional boss in Hollow Bastion.  Took me 3 tries at almost level 80 with Sora's Ultima Weapon.  He's pretty hard, but it's mostly because he has a couple of really cheap attacks that he starts spamming towards the end of the fight.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:15:59 AM by Disposed Hero » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length