RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 11:32:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Tell me your business 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tell me your business  (Read 1734 times)
Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: May 26, 2006, 08:27:06 PM »

I have been wanting to start my own business for years.  I have a bunch of ideas, but I am lacking two things, money and balls.  So, I thought I would see if any of you run your own business.  If you do or did explain why it works or why it didn't work.  Hopfully I can learn what to do or what not to do.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
archetype
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 08:58:17 AM »

I took the position of CEO for an online student run business. I was given full responsibility of pricing, selling, advertising, etc. It was by far the most challenging and interesting job I've had thus far. I actually worked out of the Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies which allowed me to work one on one with the community leaders of business. I could help get you in the possible right direction through some suggestions.

email: embelle_cer (AT) hotmail.com

(AT) = @
Wink
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 09:45:05 AM by IZRET101 » Logged

It is not what happens to you rather what you do with what happens.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 10:11:43 AM »

Thought about, and was offered a real video game business a few years back. Well myself,tynstar and jagdiesel were offered it.

I think if we would have bought it however, we would have organized it and sold everything off  :-/

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 10:38:16 AM »

I work for a public ultility.  They told me i was working too hard...

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 10:37:07 AM »

I work at Kroger. I put diapers on shelves.

When shall his new form be revealed?
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 01:21:11 PM »

I work at publix and it sucks

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 04:55:13 PM »

My wife and I owned a coffee bar for two and a half years. We loved it and we were sorry we had to close. The kind of bussiness you own can vary so much its hard to give too many pointers. A couple things though: its alot of work. You have to learn so much about suppliers, employees, taxes, city regulations, state laws, insurance and on top of all that you still have to smile at customers!  Wink

The other thing for us was that it was sure nice to have me working at another job so we could actually be making money. Keep that in mind when you are starting up, it can take alot of money to get things rolling. More then you think.

In the end we still own all our equipment and we would like to start something up again sometime. It was lots of fun, and you can have your own bussiness cards too which is way cool. |D
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length