RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 05:24:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | World of Warcraft its crap! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft its crap!  (Read 10129 times)
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2006, 02:57:32 AM »

Awesome, now we wait and see if he's a Mac man,or uses Windows then.
But when you say works, do you mean it's on Mac, or you can run it through emulation?
Cause Linux users can already play it through various Windows emulation/compatibility software too.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2006, 11:33:37 AM »

I do think Tondog has a point with what he says i have a friend thats become obsessed by it pestering me to buy it and play it like him everyday ignoring all else.

The game per se may not be "crap" but as far as a good RPG it isn't, things like Zelda's and Panzer Dragoon Saga are much better with set goals and story aimless wondering and trying to battle people with massively powerfull weapons to me just isn't fun and paying monthly for it makes it even worse, in fact i cant even see what you are paying for, As in its free to pay Battlefield and other FPS games so why should this cost so much?

I have to agree with you that WoW isn't as good as more story based RPG's.  The story behind WoW is practicaly non existant in-game, but I guess that's the problem with a game that is as non-linear as this.  It's hard to make people follow a particular plot path.

I think the reason that I am so into this game is because even in games like Final Fantasy, I get obsessed with maxing out all of my characters stats.  With a game like this, where that is the driving force behind the game, that spells instant addiciton for me. 

I also always wanted a Final Fantasy to be released where you could take your party and fight against a freinds party.  MMORPG's in general give you the chance to do this.  Gives me that much more incentive to play.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2006, 12:21:06 PM »

I use windows and I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it. But I can game with it...

I hate Micro$oft for many reasons, and I is wish it would die.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Necrosaro420
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2006, 06:43:42 PM »

I was a huge Everquest Junkey for 7 years, then I purchased WoW...I kinda like it =)

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2006, 08:12:23 PM »

I support the Linux of today in hopes that one day it will be a strong gaming platform Grin
After so many years of XP. I become beyond board of it, as well as constant Vista delays.

That's just a super quick outline of my situation, in all honest I too hate M$ for many reasons. Like making me put up with Windows Me on my 1st ever PC  Angry

The good thing about Micro$oft? It unifies people giving them common grounds. How so? With our hatred of them. Being anti Sony you'd think The Maligned Samurai-san Leon and I wouldn't agree on much, but M$ has a way of making most people that know of them to hate them.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 08:16:01 PM by Psycho Fox » Logged

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2006, 09:34:12 PM »

er how did this get turned in to a rant against Microsoft and a crusade for Linux?

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2006, 11:56:20 PM »

[img width=338 height=360]http://www.killmicrosoft.com/i/killbill.png[/img]

WoW PWNS!!!!!!!!!!!

When shall his new form be revealed?
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2006, 03:18:17 AM »

er how did this get turned in to a rant against Microsoft and a crusade for Linux?

Unfortunately, anywhere the Fanboy Sony-San Leon is allowed to express his opinion on anything that's not explicitly praising Sony products, he will flame Microsoft at every opportunity for the sole reason that he can.  

As far as the Linux "crusade", I don't know.

Tan
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2006, 03:50:46 AM »

I drive a Microsoft Windows XP because it has widespread acceptance and compatibility much like a gas-guzzling SUV or a station wagon for it's versatility. But I let loose and have fun behind the wheel of ubuntu, it's fast, custom and sexy. 
king

I imagine i'd enjoy WoW if i tried it as i've always enjoyed the Warcraft series and Blizzard's games as a whole, but unfortunately I'm not a big fan of games that never take their fingers out of my wallet. I'd always feel obligated to get my money's worth for the monthly fees, my loss i guess.  Tongue
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2006, 04:06:56 AM »

[img width=338 height=360]http://www.killmicrosoft.com/i/killbill.png[/img]
  laugh

Thumbs up to Tan Ubuntu is a nice ride  Grin but I'll avoid going too off topic.

Yeah, I loved Phantasy Star Online on D  ,cause you payed for the game, and that's what you got, but then you also had a whole online community to adventure 'n' play with at no extra charge. I miss that kinda setup. But in a world here you can't even host an adfree website without paying for it, I guess there is no surprise we have to pay for them to host our alter ego.

p.s. One more post to go  banana beer banana

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2006, 12:47:58 PM »

YES! I really don't like WoW. I've never played it, but the thing is that it sucked up the lives of many of my friends.

When I started reading this, I thought your friends were some of those fatalities related to this game until I read further  slick

Doesn't PSU have an offiline mode to it too though like the original Phantasy Star Online on DC?

Yes PSU does have an offline mode. But it is different then the online mode.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2006, 02:30:58 AM »

That's very good news, unlike PSO BlueBurst witch had all the entire offline version of PSO 1 + 2 and a new 4 (BlueBurst) but you had to be online to play them  Huh

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length