RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 07:58:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Removing Rental Stickers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Removing Rental Stickers  (Read 1766 times)
NationalGameDepot
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« on: November 13, 2006, 11:24:21 PM »

Since these little things annoy me so much, I decided to write a small little guide on ebay to save some other people a little hassle.  Click here:
http://reviews.ebay.com/R...0QQugidZ10000000002348616

Hopefully this will help some of you out, these things are sooo hard to remove sometimes. Let me know if you all think this is helpful or not.
~~NGD
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 11:29:38 PM by NationalGameDepot » Logged

Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 11:46:33 PM »

cool thanks, that is a very helpful description.
 but I have a weird view of stickers and and writing on my games.  I like to keep them (other then the game stop ones, why do they put on 3 stickers?).  I think it adds a history to the game.  but, when I want to sell a game I try to clean it as best I can, so this helps, thanks

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 02:19:55 AM »

I HATE stickers on games...but I think it's fun taking them off Cheesy....I feel the same way about decent to nice cars with stickers on them...

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 05:12:20 PM »

Your method and mine are basicly the same.  I find using it on labels can sometime net positive results but more often then not the end results is the color fades.  More often then not the only way I've found is using a dry cloth and rubbing it gently.  It takes longer but has a higher percentage of favorable results.  It's when the stickers are on the back label, box, or the manuel itself that it realy becomes more pain then it's worth.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 10:18:22 AM »

Nice guide on cleaning sticker mess.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 10:23:38 AM »

Nice guide on cleaning sticker mess.

I agree.

Thanks

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 01:44:16 AM »

I like my method best. No chance of damaging the cart and causing discoloration in the plastic. You can also use this method on labels so long as you are very gentle and careful Wink

After removing said offensive sticker (this works for "normal stickers too), apply a piece of duct tape over the sticky area, rub a finger across to get it to stick to the adhesive on the cart, and pull it off (gently). Repeat a few times until all of the sticky residue is gone.

If the silver stuff isn't sticky just scrape it off with a finger nail until you've got enough sticky stuff to remove it with duct tape.

Using any kind of alchohol, peroxide, goo gone, and other substances on carts can leave a residue and/or discolor the plastic. Never a good idea. It may not show up immediately but in the long run you can see where stuff like that was used.

REMOVING MARKER: Wet a tooth brush and gently scrub the area. Wipe clean with a cotton ball.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Lenneth
N-Gage
Australia

Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 06:22:50 AM »

I roll the sticker off. Use the sticker to remove any remaining bits by dabbing it on and then for the sticky residue i use something like rubbing alcohol, isocol or detol.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length