RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:37:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | I need some advice with an ebay auction. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I need some advice with an ebay auction.  (Read 1040 times)
understatement
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: June 26, 2012, 09:15:11 AM »

So recently I won this auction http://www.ebay.com/itm/1..._trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 for discs 1, 3, and 4 of Panzer Dragoon Saga for $75. As you can see the item condition is listed as acceptable with “a few minor scratches that DO NOT affect game play” and this is where I have my problem;

Disk 1 does only have minor scratches but it’s got more than “a few” the whole disc is covered in them and they did affect game play about 2 hours in but only with a slight skip. All in all I feel like this disc can be buffed and saved but as is I don’t feel like it met the described condition.

Disc 3 & 4 both have the entire bottom covered in the minor scratches with a few major scratches thrown in that might not buff out. My biggest problem is one of these (I don’t remember off hand which one it is I think its disc 3) has a good size pin hole on the data side of the disc making it next to un-savable in my experience. So in my opinion neither of these discs even comes close to the described condition.

I do plan on contacting the seller later and trying for maybe a partial refund because of the disc with the pin hole on the data side, I’d prefer not to send it back as I only need disc 1 and you don’t see good prices for the discs of this game to often but if it comes down to it, it can be an option.

So what would you ask for back in a partial refund? I'm probably going to ask for about $25 back. Or if you would do something different, what would you do?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 09:17:20 AM »

I would ask for a full refund of the disk with disc rot, which unfortunately is common with PDS, and a partial refund of Disc 1.

understatement
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 09:37:17 AM »

I would ask for a full refund of the disk with disc rot, which unfortunately is common with PDS, and a partial refund of Disc 1.

So you think I should ask for more like $30~$35 back, $25 for the disc rot disc and $5~$10 for the heavy scratches. That sound about right?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 09:51:26 AM »

You've verified that the scratches affect gameplay for Disc 1, so yes - I would ask for $35 back. You may have a small problem arguing your case for Disc 4, since disc rot is a touchy subject, especially for sellers, but any seller worth their salt would rather take the partial refund over negative feedback.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:53:49 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

understatement
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 10:55:47 AM »

Yea, that’s the problem they’re not really an established seller and I think they might be more willing to take a negative feedback then sell 3 discs of PDS for $40. The reason I think this is it was listed as an open auction and ended at $109 but wasn’t paid for so they relisted it and I offered $75. If wors comes to wors they have a 14 day return that I can invoke but then all I got is my un-complete PDS and the only way to complete it ATM is a disc 1 for $75 on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/P...s&hash=item4ab8ea0f34 so either way I’m out $75 but this way I have 2 hopefully fixable discs so one can reduce the cost of the other. I don’t know, I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place I think if I ask for too much of a refund they will just say to send it back. :/

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 11:08:08 AM »

I would ask for $20 if you're worried about it then. You can let them know that Disc 1 has been having issues, and you can see a pinhole on Disc 4, which you've not reached yet but may cause problems down the line.

They claim:

"There are a few minor scratches that DO NOT affect game play.

TESTED AND WORKING!"

Therefore, they should give you something back.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length