RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:15:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Atari Lynx system part numbers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Atari Lynx system part numbers  (Read 785 times)
JeremiahJT
N-Gage

Stats
« on: March 10, 2015, 08:05:41 PM »

I submitted a change to the part number of the original Lynx and it was rejected.  Currently it has a part number of PAG-0401 which is the same as the Lynx II.  I have a Lynx II and I verified that it was the part number for the Lynx II.  I just recently submitted a hardware variation addition for a Lynx I and it was accepted.  I have already submitted pictures for it and they have been put up already.  The variation is the d-pad is circular instead of the cross or plus sign of the other Lynx I.  The part number for my circular d-pad is PAG-0201 (even though I submitted it wrong and had to submit an edit for it).  I am about 90% sure the part number of the other Lynx I should be PAG-0200 and I am 100% sure that it is not PAG-0401.

The reason I not 100% sure about the PAG-0200 number being right is that I have seen a video of 10 or so copies of the first Lynx and the part numbers were a mess on those.  There were cross d-pad Lynxes with 0200 and 0201 numbers and circular d-pad Lynxes with 0201 and 0200 numbers.  I honestly believe the cross d-pad was the first version and has a 0200 number and the circular d-pad was a revision and numbered 0201.  I believe the problem with the mismatched numbers probably came from Atari sending new specs and stickers and not being very proactive about the stickers matching up correctly.  The first Lynxes were manufactured in Japan, Taiwan, and maybe China.  I figured one plant got the new stickers and started using them immediately, even before they switched to the revision, and a different plant got the new specs first and continued using the old stickers on them.  Of course this last part is pure speculation, but I do not believe it is that far fetched.

Anyways, I think the first cross d-pad Lynx should have a part number of PAG-0200.  What do you all think?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length