RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:41:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Magic Swap submission 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Magic Swap submission  (Read 2599 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: August 10, 2016, 01:16:03 PM »

Hey guys, just wanted to see what the hold up was on my PS2 Magic Swap Version 3.8 US submission.  I'm guessing it's because I submitted it as software instead of hardware?  I never really got that BTW, since it is software after all, but I've seen other software like this submitted as hardware.  It's the same as this submission except its the NTSC US version in stead of PAL

http://www.rfgeneration.c...fo.php?ID=E-072-H-00440-A

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 09:04:12 PM »

if it was sold as a piece of hardware that happened to include a game, then it would be hardware in the database (examples being the many console bundles). if it was a game that happened to include hardware, then it should be software in the database (examples being special edition games that came with a controller or accessory, like zelda skyward sword with the gold wiimote).

looking up magic swap, do you mean this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swap_Magic

if it's that, i agree that it should be software and don't understand why it would be hardware...the only reason i could imagine it not being accepted right away would be because it's related to piracy? the site doesn't encourage piracy, so that could be why it hasn't been accepted yet, but if that's the case you should receive a PM from staff explaining why it wasn't accepted.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 10:02:40 PM »

the only reason i could imagine it not being accepted right away would be because it's related to piracy?
I wouldn't have thought it's because it's related to piracy. These exist in the database, after all: Mr. Backup Z64 and Copy Cart
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:04:18 PM by mumboking » Logged
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 12:58:02 AM »

the only reason i could imagine it not being accepted right away would be because it's related to piracy?
I wouldn't have thought it's because it's related to piracy. These exist in the database, after all: Mr. Backup Z64 and Copy Cart

I wasn't certain, it was only a guess...i've seen staff say stuff before that implied the site is officially against piracy, so i didn't expect to see anything related to it in the database.
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 06:21:34 PM »

We just hadn't got around to accepting it yet (and I've only just seen this thread). It takes time for us to review all the submissions and I believe Shadow is a bit busy with non-site stuff at the moment
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 01:45:57 PM »

No problem and thanks.  The last couple of submissions I have put in got approved pretty quickly so just thought maybe something was holding it up.  Looks like it's approved now so no worries.  Thanks again!

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 02:48:42 PM »

Yeah, Schlibby's been taking on the brunt of reviews for the site right now. I've been doing some as I take a pause to do it, but it's had to take a back seat as I deal with finishing up my degree and dealing with some personal things.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length