RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:52:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Site Suggestion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Site Suggestion  (Read 1860 times)
gorez
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« on: April 30, 2007, 06:07:02 PM »

hi. i always have a hard time choosing what game to play out of my collection.  i have too many games to choose from and never can decide what to pick up and put in the system.  i am sure im not alone.

my suggestion, if its possible, is make a generator or something on 'my collection' page to where it will randomly select a game for you to play.  and not only randomly choosing from your whole collection but make it to where you can choose for what system, just randomly pick a game thats for that system. like on the 'my profile' page where you guys have every game organized for each system. make it to where you can either randomly choose a game from the whole collection or from whichever system you choose.  you could even add...when you beat the game it has chosen for you, or you have already beat games before using the 'random game selector' you can mark it as 'beat' or something to where it will only choose games that you havent already completed.

if this is possible, it would be really neat to have.  and useful, atleast for me. what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 06:09:07 PM by gorez » Logged
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 10:25:17 AM »

I have no idea if it is possible (thats Dave and Eddies domain) but I think it is a cool idea.

St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 05:19:40 PM »

We've been planning a project that will allow you to track the games you've beaten, and it would probably be pretty easy to add a random game feature.  We have several other projects that we are concentrating on first though, mainly the site redesign, but when we start figuring out the details for this project, we'll try to incorporate your idea.  Thanks for the suggestion!

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 05:39:26 PM »

What he said.

Additionally, we currently don't have a true image search on the site. We do not want to have random anything unless the random something can have an image, so we have to work on that first. Unfortunately, there are so many projects going on that such work could be quite a bit off.

Hello World.
gorez
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 08:08:23 PM »

well thats no good. just let me know whenever you guys pull it off.  i was really looking forward to something that did this...ive been wanting a random game selector for my collection for a really long time. oh well, thanks for considering it.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 08:12:08 PM »

So, what you are looking for, is a link that you click that will pop up a box that says "Play [TITLE] for the [CONSOLE]. You know you want to," or something similar? If that is the case that is probably rather doable, but right now the two main programmers of the site are busy with a rather large project that hopefully will be completed in a month.

Hello World.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 10:43:15 PM »

It seems that that is exactly what he is looking for.

Randomly choose one game from all the games in your collection.
Or randomly choose one game from the console of your choice.

If the site ran of QBasic, VB, C# or a couple other prog lanuages i tinkered with i could totally do this for you lol

EDIT
Also i find the ability to keep track of games you have already beaten to be an awesome idea.
Then it would almost completely give me no reason to use my personal thread.

TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 11:22:28 PM »

something cool i just thought of. traderjake was mentioning about something that generated an image. well i was thinking. how about a random generator that picked games from your collection and displayed a picture of the game and asked you to rate it for the rating thing on here. its like those n( . )( . )die picture rating sights... but for gamers. that would be kinda cool since we are on the whole random generator topic.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 04:52:28 PM »

its like those n( . )( . )die picture rating sights... but for gamers.

Wow, is that the best metaphor you could come up with? Tongue

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 06:07:44 PM »

Once we have a true image search, I can assure you that there will be a random game or piece of hardware showing up on the front page / news pages. We need the true image search though so that we can knowingly select an entry that has an image rather than having to pull a lot of IDs and manually and time consumingly going through and finding one with an image.

As for the initial request, perhaps the Black Perl could program a link or something that does a "Play this game" alert or saying into the collection tools?

Hello World.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length