RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 11:41:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Is there a way to type on the checklist? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is there a way to type on the checklist?  (Read 2062 times)
Michiganer
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: May 22, 2013, 06:08:48 AM »

I have searched for this question/answer and can't find it in the forum....I want to be able to type on the NES checklist. I like the way it looks and would love it to be exported as a PDF file. My goal is to have this file on my phone so I can easily swipe up and down to see which games I have/don't have. I realize can enter each of my games into the 'my collection area' but I think that is more time consuming than just typing on the nice looking checklist. Plus, I don't like the way the excel form looks when you export it. Is there any way to be able to type on this list? I hate having to print it out, check off by hand and then scan into PDF.... This feature would be really helpful on the go. Then I can see what games I'm missing when I am shopping instead of trying to log onto the website on my phone.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 08:56:03 PM »

welcome to the site!

the collection tools are pretty versatile once you get your collection entered for the first time. it doesn't take a lot of time to keep it updated, you just have to be on top of adding a game to your list as you buy them. a lot easier and faster than the way it sounds like you're currenting doing it with checking off by hand, scanning, printing out. it does take a decent amount of effort the very first time to get everything in, especially if you have a large collection, but once it's in it's really nice and easy.

if you're determined to not use the collection tools, i'm not really sure. as far as i know you can't type into the checklist, i think it's meant to be a supplement to the collection tools, an easy way to get a printed copy of your list.
Michiganer
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 10:34:31 PM »

Thanks for the reply. I really want to have my checklist on the go. It's too hard to log in to the site, find my collection etc when I'm at a garage sale or something. I want to just check off everything instead of having to enter each game. If the checklist was in PDF format, it would be super easy. Then I can save it and put it in my Dropbox for super easy access. I would even pay. I'm not sure if paying is an option but I may check with the admins. Thanks again!
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 01:10:53 AM »

i don't mean to add the games to your list while you're out hunting  for them, i mean add them to your list after you get home. also you could just sign into your account and leave it running the whole time you're out, then all you'd have to do is scroll through. there's an actual app for the site too that i've heard makes it even easier on a phone. i don't have a smartphone myself though so i'm not sure where you get that.

i'm sure someone else will pipe in here with some more ideas
Michiganer
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 05:27:43 AM »

I am such an idiot. I had only entered a few of my NES games so when I went to the checklists, I didn't realize they were already filled out just like what I wanted. I just hadn't scrolled down far enough  Roll Eyes So I am a ditz lol.....But now that I've started to enter my USA NES games, the comments aren't transferring over to the checklist. I tried multiple games and different comments but they aren't showing up. Any thoughts?
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »

^Comments don't show up on the checklist.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 10:55:02 AM »

^^
Checklists were made(here) before smartphones were popular and multiple users had asked for an easy way to fill out their binders with want lists and/or have lists that they carried around.

Michiganer
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 02:30:38 PM »

Do you mean they aren't supposed to show up on the checklist?
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 03:08:25 PM »

Do you mean they aren't supposed to show up on the checklist?

exactly, i think the checklist is supposed to be a very trimmed down simple list.
Michiganer
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 11:19:03 PM »

Seems like it would make sense to be able to add comments to the checklists but I understand that we can't have it all. This is still my go-to site for all info on NES. It is the best resource out there. Thanks for all the comments!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 09:32:34 AM »

That's not to say that we can't have the comments transfer over...

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 08:15:28 AM »

If you have an android phone you may want to check out the rfgen app.  Once you sync it to your account it allows you to browse your collection like you are talking about with the pdf.  It offers lots of other functionality too and would be easier to keep updated with your online collection.  No iPhone version is available.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length