RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:52:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Wii U Launch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print
Author Topic: Wii U Launch  (Read 36772 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2012, 02:23:15 AM »

Had my nephews over and some other family and friends tonight. After prying the kids off the TMNT Arcade Machine, I convinced them to try the Wii U with me. They really didnt seem that interested in it........... until I got them to try one game on Nintendo Land. After that we were all fighting to get on the controllers for the next match because there were way more than 5 of us there Smiley

So many great multiplayer games. Just need to get myself 2 more Motion + pads now though since I only have two of those and two regular Wii Remotes.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2012, 11:59:09 AM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one that saves the twist ties, foam, etc and puts it back in the box.  My wife thinks I'm crazy.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2012, 12:55:14 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one that saves the twist ties, foam, etc and puts it back in the box.  My wife thinks I'm crazy.

For like 3 dollars, you get get a spool of a couple hundred feet in the Lowes/Home Depot garden department.

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2012, 08:14:30 PM »

Hey, has anyone bought any accessories such as screen protectors, stylus's, gamepad protectors, etc?  I.saw a lot of cool ones by pdp at Wal-Mart and thought of getting some.  Any recommendations?

I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2012, 11:20:50 PM »

Had my nephews over and some other family and friends tonight. After prying the kids off the TMNT Arcade Machine, I convinced them to try the Wii U with me. They really didnt seem that interested in it........... until I got them to try one game on Nintendo Land. After that we were all fighting to get on the controllers for the next match because there were way more than 5 of us there

As an almost completely solitary, asocial gamer, the Wii U has gotten me thinking of actually inviting a few friends over to play some group games. I'm even getting a WiFi setup going in my house for the thing. And as soon as that's done, you're more than welcome to drop in if you feel so inclined.

Just need to get myself 2 more Motion + pads now though since I only have two of those and two regular Wii Remotes.

I'm lookin' to grab another game pad, myself... but I'm not in a big hurry to get it. Should a good deal come along, I'll definitely snag one. I'll also grab a classic controller while I'm at it.

Hey, has anyone bought any accessories such as screen protectors, stylus's, gamepad protectors, etc?  I.saw a lot of cool ones by pdp at Wal-Mart and thought of getting some.  Any recommendations?

I already have a stylus for my pad, But I'm definitely gonna get me a screen protector film for it. It didn't even occur to me to get a screen protector until I was scribbling my stylus across the pad.

I also wonder if there's a grip-style protector out there. While the game pad's ergonomics are better than expected, I could stand to experience less cramping. Hopefully, PDP will release a Nerf type protector cover so I can keep it real.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2012, 02:28:30 AM »

I want to trademark this before Nintendo releases the console
WiiU3DSiXLLite

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2012, 08:30:12 AM »

Yeah, NERF and pdp has rubber covers for the game pad, if that is what you are talking about.  I prefer the look of the pdp, but I've never actually used one.  The pdp ones also come in red, blue, black, and pink.  My local Wal-Mart has some, but they're out of black, and that's the one I want.  The red one looks really nice too.  Hey, did every deluxe Wii U console come with the digital download promotion?  I haven't even checked mine.  How long does the promotion last, and what exactly is it?

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2012, 08:57:12 AM »

I'm pretty sure the digital download promotion was included in all deluxe sets.

http://ddp.nintendo.com/

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2012, 09:12:27 AM »

Okay thanks Fleach.   I see it doesn't start until December, but it counts if you download from the eshop now.  Speaking of eshop, has anyone downloaded from there yet?

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2012, 09:36:22 AM »

Okay thanks Fleach.   I see it doesn't start until December, but it counts if you download from the eshop now.  Speaking of eshop, has anyone downloaded from there yet?

Not me, and I doubt I ever will!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2012, 09:44:56 AM »

I was considering downloading from the eshop, but I don't think I will. I like to own physical copies of games.

Virtual Console (if Wii U has it) on the other hand, is a different story.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2012, 09:48:20 AM »

I was considering downloading from the eshop, but I don't think I will. I like to own physical copies of games.

I bought Mega Man 9 and nothing else on my Wii, and I've never bought any DLC or Downloadable games on my 360, PS3 or 3DS. Dont see myself starting any time soon either. Just doesnt appeal to me in the least.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2012, 10:12:37 AM »

I bought Mega Man 9 and nothing else on my Wii, and I've never bought any DLC or Downloadable games on my 360, PS3 or 3DS. Dont see myself starting any time soon either. Just doesnt appeal to me in the least.
No Mega Man 10?

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #133 on: November 22, 2012, 01:38:01 PM »

Ha!  I bought Mega Man 9 and 10 on my Wii.  I feel the same way about it as you guys do.  As a collector, I prefer the physical media to digital.  I will, however download virtual console stuff.  Does anyone else find it annoying that a lot of publishers have done away with physical manuals?

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #134 on: November 22, 2012, 07:46:32 PM »

i'll buy dlc for a game i really love, or if it just looks like something i'm really interested in trying. that doesn't add up to a whole lot of dlc for me though, and i'll never buy any aesthetic dlc like costume packs or weapon skins. of course if a special edition i bought comes with dlc i'll gladly play it. as for complete games, i've bought a few on steam in the past, but now unless i get it as a gift i'm not likely to buy from steam because i know i'll eventually end up getting a physical copy anyway. the only exception that applies to all digital stores are games only available as downloads, like Journey on PSN was until the collector's edition came out, or Minecraft on PC.

Does anyone else find it annoying that a lot of publishers have done away with physical manuals?

yes and no, i miss some aspects of them like a little extra background story, and an easy way to familiarize yourself with the controls. at the same time though, 90% of games these days explain exactly how to do everything as you come across new abilities and situations in-game. and with less limits in ways to tell the story in a game, it's not so important to have that introduction or background in the manual. so even though it's not the same, games these days definitely don't need manuals.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length