RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:58:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Wii U Launch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: Wii U Launch  (Read 36722 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2012, 09:29:52 PM »

i'll buy dlc for a game i really love, or if it just looks like something i'm really interested in trying. that doesn't add up to a whole lot of dlc for me though, and i'll never buy any aesthetic dlc like costume packs or weapon skins. of course if a special edition i bought comes with dlc i'll gladly play it. as for complete games, i've bought a few on steam in the past, but now unless i get it as a gift i'm not likely to buy from steam because i know i'll eventually end up getting a physical copy anyway. the only exception that applies to all digital stores are games only available as downloads, like Journey on PSN was until the collector's edition came out, or Minecraft on PC.

Does anyone else find it annoying that a lot of publishers have done away with physical manuals?

yes and no, i miss some aspects of them like a little extra background story, and an easy way to familiarize yourself with the controls. at the same time though, 90% of games these days explain exactly how to do everything as you come across new abilities and situations in-game. and with less limits in ways to tell the story in a game, it's not so important to have that introduction or background in the manual. so even though it's not the same, games these days definitely don't need manuals.

A lot of the games I like end up with DLC on disc if I wait long enough. Batman, Street Fighter, LA Noire, etc. Just have to be patient and I get most of the downloadables in physical form for much cheaper in the end.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2012, 09:10:12 AM »

Well no WiiU for me..... the shop I had it preordered now won't take my 2 phones in trade claiming it's showing previous owners on a database. Both my phones were I fact brand new to me on release week and I've got emails to prove it but they won't listen. Looks like I'm never going in there again..... :-(

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2012, 04:01:53 PM »

I just picked up the NLA official Wii U headset.  Gonna go try it out.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2012, 05:10:24 PM »

Well no WiiU for me..... the shop I had it preordered now won't take my 2 phones in trade claiming it's showing previous owners on a database. Both my phones were I fact brand new to me on release week and I've got emails to prove it but they won't listen. Looks like I'm never going in there again..... :-(
Thats too bad Sad

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2012, 06:34:57 PM »

My Wii U is finally on its way back! Should be here Monday by my estimation!

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2012, 07:22:08 PM »

My Wii U is finally on its way back! Should be here Monday by my estimation!

That was fast! Good job on that.

....at least it seems fast to me, of course I'm not the one waiting on it   Smiley
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2012, 08:01:05 PM »

Thats too bad Sad
Well that really sucks... Did you print out the emails and take it up with the manager?

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2012, 08:03:25 PM »

I'm sure they don't care. It isn't like they will have trouble selling the system for cash instead.
Cash is king baby.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2012, 08:18:53 AM »

Thats too bad Sad
Well that really sucks... Did you print out the emails and take it up with the manager?

have gone higher and spoken to head office. they gave all the usual cack about company policy and wont change their minds no matter what.
its both theirs and my loss as i cant get the same amount as they were offering anywhere else and of course they cant sell them but on the other side their Wii U wasnt the cheapest and they have rung me today to say they havent got enought coming anyway so would i take another bundle. which would of course have been no.

think im just going to wait for a bit or maybe get a 3DS XL instead

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2012, 11:07:34 AM »

Sorry, to hear that.  For some reason, Gamestop has some Wii U systems available in my area.  I don't know if people who pre ordered changed their minds or what.  I was on the waiting list after the preorders were all taken up.  The Sunday morning that the Wii U was released they called and said mine was available, but I already bought one from Wal-Mart.  Hey has anyone tried Epic Mickey 2?

I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2012, 05:54:40 PM »

Yeah, NERF and pdp has rubber covers for the game pad, if that is what you are talking about.  I prefer the look of the pdp, but I've never actually used one.  The pdp ones also come in red, blue, black, and pink.  My local Wal-Mart has some, but they're out of black, and that's the one I want.  The red one looks really nice too. 

Got the blue Nerf one... which is also made by PDP.

Like I said: keepin' it real.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:22:03 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2012, 07:51:19 PM »

Nice, Zagnorch.  How do you like it so far?  It looks like the NERF ones have more protection.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2012, 10:45:31 PM »

Zagnorch, did you have Optimus Prime take that picture?.....or......are......you Optimus?

If you are, way to go on the hands. They are way more fleshy and realistic than in the movies.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2012, 11:56:07 PM »

Zagnorch, did you have Optimus Prime take that picture?.....or......are......you Optimus?

If you are, way to go on the hands. They are way more fleshy and realistic than in the movies.

And yet the robots where more believable than Shia Lebeuf!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2012, 12:17:58 AM »

Nice, Zagnorch.  How do you like it so far? 

It's added some welcome thickness at the ends, making cramping less of a problem.

It looks like the NERF ones have more protection.

I gravitated towards the Nerf line of console & handheld protectors partly because I'm a Nerf nerd, and I really like the look of them. And partly because I figured, with all that foam, they'd provide superior shock absorption in the event of droppage. I just didn't see that with the hard plastic protectors, and the silicone covers' shock-absorption capabilities seemed inadequate.

I only wish they'd made covers for the GBA SP:

If I should acquire another gamepad, I'll probably get a Nerf cover for it as well...

...in pink.

You know, so ixtaileddemonfox feels at home when he pays me a visit.

I did that just to see if anyone was payin' attention, so congrats. Though I was kinda hopin' Duke.Togo would notice it first. He's been hintin' at wanting an Optimus helmet of his very own...

Hey, that reminds me: I have an Optimus-themed 3DS stylus that a friend of mine likes to call "Optimus' junk." Methinks I'll make it the default stylus for my pad.

If by "fleshy" you mean "pudgy," I'm tryin' to work on it. Really I am.

It's just that, with the closure of Hostess, I'm trying to down as many Twinkies as possible before they go bad.

I only have another two or three decades...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length