RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 08:25:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Wii U Launch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Wii U Launch  (Read 37076 times)
SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2012, 09:36:42 PM »

I DEMAND A STAR FOX GAME FOR THE WII U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness though, its basically the only reason I would buy one before the price drop.  Even as a Nintendo fanboy, i'm not excited enough to put in 350 quite yet.  plus I just miss my furry star friend  Cry
Did you at least pick up Star Fox 64 3D? Smiley

actually not yet.  Still playing the 64 version.  but I'm gonna buy it so I can play it on my 3ds at work! 
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2012, 02:00:45 AM »

Don't feel too bad Crabby.  I have to work night and day shifts also and I just happened to be off this weekend.  You may have mentioned it before, but what games do you plan on getting?

Unfortunately it'll probably just be Nintendo Land and NSMBU for a few months.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2012, 05:31:08 AM »

Yeah, NSMBU and Black Ops II for me.  I just recently got back into FPS's after a 14 year hiatus.  I originally played Goldeneye on the N64 and didn't play another FPS until the remake for the Wii.  After playing it, I got into Call of Duty Black Ops and MW3.  I mostly just play for the online experience.  I know all these younger kids think they're awesome at first person shooters, because they play Call of Duty, but I was spanking local multiplayer ass on Goldeneye probably before they were born.  Also, I don't know if anyone has seen it yet, but there's a new nunchuck accessory for Epic Mickey 2.  It looks like a paintbrush.  I bought a similar accessory when Epic Mickey came out, and they look identical, except the new one has a glowing tip that glows green or blue, depending on whether you use paint or thinner in the game.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2012, 08:21:52 AM »

Whelp, gonna pay off the rest of the layaway balance later today.

And then I'll ask if that particular Wal-Mart will be having a midnight release, and if, as someone who put one on layaway, I get first dibs before everyone else.

And if the answer is "yes," I'm gonna do something I swore I would never do: wait in line in the middle of the night to pick up a friggin' game console.

I guess there's a first time for everything.

And I'll betcha there will be some really interesting folks waiting in that line...
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2012, 09:05:45 AM »

And then I'll ask if that particular Wal-Mart will be having a midnight release, and if, as someone who put one on layaway, I get first dibs before everyone else.

And if the answer is "yes," I'm gonna do something I swore I would never do: wait in line in the middle of the night to pick up a friggin' game console.

And I'll betcha there will be some really interesting folks waiting in that line...

Next thing you know you'll be playing anything Pokemon you can get your hands on Wink

PS - as an occasional "line dweller" I take offence!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2012, 08:34:56 PM »

i just finished paying off my EB Games pre-order of this too, going to get mine first thing sunday morning. i'm a half hour drive from the nearest EB, or an hour bus ride if i can't get a ride there (i don't have my license), so a midnight release really isn't worth it to me. i'm not one for staying up all night, so at most i would only play it an hour or so and then just be so tired i would probably sleep a good chunk of the next day away.

also my family said EB games called yesterday to say that the Saturday, 17th, Wii-U event was pushed back to sunday. i asked them if they remember more clearly what the caller said, because i hadn't heard of this "event", and they were vague about it. my assumption is that they were planning a midnight release and decided not to for some reason, but i don't really know. when i was there paying it off today (before i heard about this phone call), i asked if they were opening early on sunday for the wii-u release and they said they would be opening about an hour early, with no mention of any saturday event being pushed back. any other canadians with an EB Games Wii-U preorder know anything about this?
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2012, 09:11:29 PM »

i just finished paying off my EB Games pre-order of this too, going to get mine first thing sunday morning. i'm a half hour drive from the nearest EB, or an hour bus ride if i can't get a ride there (i don't have my license), so a midnight release really isn't worth it to me. i'm not one for staying up all night, so at most i would only play it an hour or so and then just be so tired i would probably sleep a good chunk of the next day away.

also my family said EB games called yesterday to say that the Saturday, 17th, Wii-U event was pushed back to sunday. i asked them if they remember more clearly what the caller said, because i hadn't heard of this "event", and they were vague about it. my assumption is that they were planning a midnight release and decided not to for some reason, but i don't really know. when i was there paying it off today (before i heard about this phone call), i asked if they were opening early on sunday for the wii-u release and they said they would be opening about an hour early, with no mention of any saturday event being pushed back. any other canadians with an EB Games Wii-U preorder know anything about this?

I'm gonna call them tomorrow and check when they open on Sunday. I really havnt asked about it since I made the order.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2012, 09:52:53 PM »

Next thing you know you'll be playing anything Pokemon you can get your hands on Wink

PS - as an occasional "line dweller" I take offence!!

Paid off the remaining balance on my layaway today, and found out this particular Wally World isn't doing a midnight rollout. However, it will be open at 7 AM Sunday morning, and there will be a console reserved for me.

Boy, did I dodge a bullet there. Now I can sleep in!
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2012, 10:10:23 PM »

I'm ready!

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2012, 09:08:09 AM »

Wow, I just found out my local Gamestop isn't doing a midnight launch for the Wii U.  Now I'm glad I couldn't get a preordered deluxe model from them.  I guess it was fate that I got one preordered at Wal-Mart and they're doing a midnight launch.  I know to some people, there isn't much of a difference in time between midnight, and whatever time Gamestop opens on Sundays, but to me it means a lot.  Now I just hope Wal-Mart puts out the Wii U games for sale at midnight also.  I just canceled my Black Ops II preorder at Gamestop because of this.

Wal Mart has the games for sale already.  I saw about 7 or 8 different games on the shelf on Thursday.
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2012, 10:43:57 AM »

I'm about to go buy some games now, if my Wal-Mart has them out.  I went grocery shopping yesterday and didn't see them.  Hey Zagnorch, is your Wal-Mart not a 24/7 Wal-Mart?

I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2012, 12:27:48 PM »

Does anyone know if you can transfer your Miis from your Wii to the WiiU?  I made one that looks almost identical to me, but I don't want to have to start all over again.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2012, 02:26:28 PM »

yes, it sounds like there is a way to transfer data from Wii to Wii-U. http://www.joystiq.com/20...-data-transfer-explained/
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2012, 04:12:04 PM »

Okay thanks.  I remember hearing something about that.  I also just remembered that the WiiU gamepad has a built in camera and you can take a picture of yourself, then it will generate a Mii from your picture.  I have a 3DS and heard that it does something similar, but I've never tried it.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2012, 05:01:54 PM »

I'm gonna call them tomorrow and check when they open on Sunday. I really havnt asked about it since I made the order.

Just called and they open at 10am tomorrow for the Wii U, apparently thats early according to the guy I talked to :/

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length