RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:19:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 7 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 7  (Read 18781 times)
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 10:14:54 AM »

Maybe your thing about it being impossible to have a Turbografx without Keith Courage might have some truth to it...

I think that if you sent your TurboGrafx in for repair, it came back with a copy of Keith Courage installed on the internal memory so it would boot up when the system powers on without a game inserted...

I read this and immediately went over to my Turbo and turned it on just to see what would happen. It was just a white screen.

Maybe if you turn out the lights, say "Keith Courage" three times, THEN turn the TG on...maybe this is wishful thinking.

lmao!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 11:26:17 PM »

Hey now!

Sorry I’m late with my fave parts from the latest CollectorCast. But hey, better late than never, right?

Anyhoo, this will be a rundown of my fave moments from the first half of the show.

FAIR WARNING: this might be a bit too TL;DR for many of you, so you might want to skip to the next post if my rambling wall of utter nonsense starts to put you to sleep.

That having been said, let’s hit it:

00:08:10- You’re freakin’-a right Tempest was a great game—hey wait, didn’t you mention that in the previous ‘cast?

00:11:04- Man, you guys are really bringing out my inner grammar Nazi with your attempts to properly pronounce X’Eye…

00:18:40- Yeah, the TG16 is a pretty big brick. Which is really sad when you compare it to the PC Engine, and you realize they didn’t have to make it quite that huge when they brought it Stateside.

00:40:32- “You complete me!” Bah hah hah hah! Best quote of the ‘cast!

00:41:10- I wonder if Ixy wouldn’t mind playing my GBA Bratz cart?

00:42:00- I don’t wanna sound like a queer or nothin’, but it’s kinda touching how some guys aren’t
afraid to show their feminine sides from time to time. Even if it makes ‘em look like a buncha candy-ass sissy-marys.

00:43:35- I only wish it was complete, guys. Sadly, it’s missing the manual.

00:46:32- “I’ve only ever held one (Original DS) once.” I’m kinda in the same boat with you there—until about a year or so ago, I’d never even seen one “in person.”

00:47:30- Sorry to disappoint, but I’ve never posted a blog about my Nerf arsenal… yet. I have, however, considered doing a review blog of the N-Strike games for the Wii.

00:48:00- What’s that? No Turbo-Graf for you? Well, you know what Ace Ventura says about people like you:

00:52:44- OW! SON OF A—

00:57:41- “I have never seen an (Mega Man) X3 cartridge, myself.”

Ya wanna check out mine? Here ya go:

How d’ya like them apples, huh? Don’t feel too bad, though; it’s a former rental in off condition, with the bottom of the front label torn off:

Hey, maybe it’s the copy that Crabby rented all the time way back when?

01:07:22 to 01:08:30- This story makes me glad “I traded down” for a type-1 Genesis (thanks, Raze)…

01:11:38- AHH, NOT AGAIN!

01:16:15- Taking inappropriate pics with the 3DS??? You really shouldn’t be giving people ideas,
guys—especially people like me. “They’re comin’ right atcha,” indeed…

And there you have it… for now.

'Late
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2012, 12:15:41 AM »

Nice wrap up Zagnorch. 

I'm jealous of your X 3 cart.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2012, 12:35:31 AM »

Zignatch, I seriously laugh every time I read your stuff. I can't wait for the second half!

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2012, 05:29:54 PM »

I started listening to the podcast.  Really glad that I posted pictures of my TurboGrafx haul...
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2012, 01:15:43 PM »

Just listening to the podcast now. The show has come a long way from the first episode.  Keep up the good work!

The Mutant League game that never came out is Mutant League Basketball. I believe the ad for it was on the back of the Mutant League Hockey manual.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2012, 03:01:45 PM »

Just listening to the podcast now. The show has come a long way from the first episode.  Keep up the good work!

The Mutant League game that never came out is Mutant League Basketball. I believe the ad for it was on the back of the Mutant League Hockey manual.

Thanks, I'm glad to know that I'm not completely senile yet...

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2012, 09:35:44 PM »

All this talk about girly games... strange that my own upcoming episode 7 shares something in common with all those games.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 09:59:37 PM »

Another pony game?

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 10:03:03 PM »

You wish. This one is much more frightening.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
smith45885
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »

Listened to the 'cast at work today.  Definitely made the couple hours go by quickly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length