RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:28:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 7 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 7  (Read 18872 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 12:49:21 AM »

any idea what flea markets in KY you stopped at duke ?

Flea World? One was near Bowling Green, that was the good one.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 05:24:53 PM »

This thingy....

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/adsanislo/binder1.jpg[/img]

Is a fancy binder.  I use to keep track of my scores now.  Before I had a lame plain white folder, so this is a pretty sweet upgrade.  It's hard to tell in this picture, but for every game I buy I highlight, write down where/who I got it from, how much I paid for it, and when.  I saw the same binder in worse condition at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo last week and the vendor selling it wanted $50 for the thing!

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/adsanislo/binder2.jpg[/img]

When I first opened the binder I saw this paperwork....it was my friend's own personal tips guide that he made himself when he was a kid, about 20 pages worth.  He cut out and glued labels, pictures, passwords, etc of his favorite games in a pretty organized fashion.  At first I was gonna toss it, but then I thought no this is pretty cool.  I guess for the same reason Bil wont erase the names on the back of some carts if it's obviously been written on by a kid.  It's just a cool thing to see and made me smile when I was flipping through the pages.

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/adsanislo/binder3.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 05:27:32 PM by RetroRage » Logged

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 05:39:53 PM »

That is pretty wicked!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 11:25:22 PM »

That is seriously awesome! I LOVE finding stuff like that!

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 11:13:29 AM »

Great job you guys! Finally got to listening to it today.

Hey thanks for pointing the going price for Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure. Bought it for $2.99 and thought it was only worth that till I heard you guys mention it.

But for the Knuckles Chaotix playing on my Model 2 Genesis I've completed the game without any freezing issues. Strange to hear thats a problem that I've yet to come across. 
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM »

Hey thanks for pointing the going price for Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure. Bought it for $2.99 and thought it was only worth that till I heard you guys mention it.

Fantastic. That's the kind of story I like to hear!

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 12:56:05 PM »

When i was at the PRGE last week i saw a vendor selling World Series Baseball (cart only) for 32x for $25.  Should i have jumped on that Bil?

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 01:26:33 PM »

When i was at the PRGE last week i saw a vendor selling World Series Baseball (cart only) for 32x for $25.  Should i have jumped on that Bil?

That's a pretty good price for that cart.  I've seen them go for 35-50 depending on condition.  It will be VERY hard to find a box/manual for that game so if you ever wanted a complete one, you would probably have to buy a complete one and sell the cart.  The price on WSB seems to be slowly increasing over the past year or so.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 02:32:25 PM »

Great show guys. And thanks for the plug. Kinda cool listening to fellow collectors talking about your own finds.  Keep up the good work.

P.S.  It was 63 CIB NES games and I paid around 250-275 total.  And I disappeared for a year or so b/c I was really busy with work, family, new house etc.  Excited about getting back in the swing of things and have been bitten by the hunting bug again.
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 06:27:03 PM »

Can't wait to see what you can find out there!

Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »

I listen to podcasts at work and while walking home usually, so I only just now got around to listening to it. Another cool show. 3 hours of subject matter I'm sure anyone outside of the hobby would find incredibly dull, but anyone into it will find completely fascinating.

Was cool hearing about my Turbografx find! Ya know, about a week after getting it, I actually did end up getting Keith Courage sent to me for free from a Racketboy member. They kinda PMed me out of nowhere asking if I'd ever gotten a Turbografx... Didn't even have to pay shipping. Maybe your thing about it being impossible to have a Turbografx without Keith Courage might have some truth to it... it's kinda creepy actually.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:02:21 AM by Quackula » Logged
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 09:01:47 AM »

Maybe your thing about it being impossible to have a Turbografx without Keith Courage might have some truth to it...

I think that if you sent your TurboGrafx in for repair, it came back with a copy of Keith Courage installed on the internal memory so it would boot up when the system powers on without a game inserted...

Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2012, 09:04:18 AM »

Maybe your thing about it being impossible to have a Turbografx without Keith Courage might have some truth to it...

I think that if you sent your TurboGrafx in for repair, it came back with a copy of Keith Courage installed on the internal memory so it would boot up when the system powers on without a game inserted...

I read this and immediately went over to my Turbo and turned it on just to see what would happen. It was just a white screen.
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2012, 09:10:36 AM »

I read this and immediately went over to my Turbo and turned it on just to see what would happen. It was just a white screen.

Maybe if you turn out the lights, say "Keith Courage" three times, THEN turn the TG on...maybe this is wishful thinking.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 09:12:32 AM »

Because they already had their secret agent infiltrate Racketboy to ensure that you would have the required copy.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length