RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:02:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Beaten in 2005 Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: The Beaten in 2005 Thread  (Read 12418 times)
yap
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2005, 07:17:03 AM »

Haven't beaten that much this year.

Mar 2005: Advance Wars 2 GBA
Jul 2005: Katamari Damacy - PS2 - Bought a used PS2 to play this game, was fun.
Oct 2005: We Heart Katamari - PS2

I have too many that I'm working on beating now though, am very close to finishing Phantasy Star II on Genesis and about halfway through Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on SNES.

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2005, 06:42:24 PM »

Beyond Good and Evil
Resident Evil 4
Jak and Daxter
Baten Kaitos
Tales of Symphonia
Kirby Canvas Curse
Meteos I have everything in
Mario 64 DS
Feel The Magic

Umm games I beat in 05 I've beaten before
Circle of the Moon
Aria of Sorrow
Zero Mission
Super Metroid, about 100 times
Mario 3
My meat
Metal Gear Solid TTS
Prince of Persia
Zelda LttP
Metroid Fusion

****  I'm sure there are more.
DragonMaster_Sam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2005, 07:53:38 AM »

Game Boy Advance
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Phantasy Star (from the PS Collection)
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
Wario Land 4

Gamecube
Legend of Zelda (from the LoZ: Collector's Edition)
Legend of Zelda 2 (from the LoZ: Collector's Edition)

Playstation
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete

Nintendo 64
Cruis'n USA
Mario Kart 64

SNES
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
Donkey Kong Country
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Final Fight
Illusion of Gaia
Mega Man X
Ninja Gaiden (from Ninja Gaiden Trilogy)
Super Adventure Island
Super Castlevania IV
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Metroid
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

*Note: Most of the games I have already beaten. I just decided to go through them again. Games in italics are games I beat for the first time.*
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2005, 05:06:33 AM »

1/2/05 Who Wants to Beat up a Millionaire-DC
Surprizingly this game has alot of questions. I played it for probably 5 hours by myself and against my dad and got no duplicate questions. After my dad played a few matches with my bro he started to get some doubles.

2/13/05[/u] Mortal Kombat-Tiger Handheld. Lets just say i beat it with 1 hand slightly incapacitated holding the batteries in and periodically sending messages in a chat room. Not a very impressive thing to defeat.

2/14/05[/u] Easy Mode Chu Chu Rocket and Chu Chu Rocket Advance
I started play on Easy mode in Chu Chu Rocket Advance a few months ago and completely fogot about it. After buying it and beating Easy on DC i went back and beat it even faster on GBA. Total accumulated time was about 30-45 min. Time today 15-20 minutes. Time months ago on GBA 20-25 minutes.
Lets see how hard Hard Mode will be...

2/18/05[/u] Hard Mode Chu Chu Rocket The only one that was really hard was Level 24. Other than that no more than a few tries each at the most. Maybe i get in the zone with this game?
Lets see how Special Mode goes...
Beat Special Stages
Special Stage 25 was pretty tough.
Lets see how Mania goes...
This has way more modes than i would have assumed. I am guessing this will be the last one though.

2/19/05[/u] Smash TV-PS2
With out a roll of quarters this game would be very very hard to beat.
Luckily i was one step better and i had infinate continues.

2/20/05[/u] Pit Fighter-PS2
It is a so so fighter. I have played much much better. I hope that everything seemed so screwed up because it was a port.
Mortal Kombat 3-PS2 This is so so much harder than on any other system.
Xybots-PS2 The end boss in this game is much much to hard IMO. And it sucks that when you die you loose all of the stuff you have collected.
NARC-PS2 This game also had an end boss that was stupily hard. It was strange the way you had to kill him because it seemed almost random how many shots it would take to kill him.
Rampage World Tour-PS2 I remembered this game being harder and longer for PS. It was short by no means. About 2 hours play time. It was also much glitchier compared to the PS version.

02/21/05[/u] Katamari Damacy-PS2 Rolling up the moon was really hard for awhile but for some reason i tried this morning and got 700 some odd meters. Strange game oddly amazingly fun.
Got 169 countries at the end of the game. Going to go try for more at a later time.
Need to get 100% on some stuff still. But i am very very close.

03/12/05[/u] Halo 2-Xbox I actually enjoyed this one more than the first... which i still have not beat... But in any case Halo 2 seemed shorter than Halo these games have a great story line. Can't wait til Halo 3. |D

03/23/05[/u] Donkey Kong Land-Gameboy
All and all this game was a great way to pass time while riding the bus and before school. The levels were quite possibly more challenging to beat than the bosses with the exception of King K. Rool. Also got 100% of it completed so i don't have to go back now to try and find anything only to play levels and bosses that were fun. The game has damn good music too. It is very catchy.

05/20-21/05[/u] Mortal Kombat 3-Genesis Beat it with Sektor, Cyrax, Stryker i think thats it...
Sonic 2 - Genesis More fun than the first Sonic IMO easier to beat too.

05/22/05[/u] War of Nerves-Odyssey2 Got to 10 before the computer got 3 the first time. Got to 10 before the computer got 1 the second time.

05/29/05[/u] Japanese Super Smash Bros. - N64
Started on easy and worked my way thru it up to very hard. I used a different character on each dificuly. Ended up beating it on various dificulties with Mario, Luigi, DK, Falco, Samus. I beat it with Mario and DK on multiple difficulties.

06/11/05[/u] Revolution X - SNES
I have beaten this SOO many times. I wish i had a fully functional controller that way i coulda got the wings and just done things all around better and more efficiently.

06/24/05[/u] Dong: Dan's Pong - GBA
Pretty cool pong GBA game Dan made. I was his play tester  and offered him some ideas. You can download his game here --> http://www.freewebs.com/danvx6/games.htm

06/25/05[/u] Mortal Kombat 4 - PC
It was really hard for me to get into this at first. The keyboard controlls suck so if you have any type of controller i suggest you use it. It will be a bit better. Also the frame rate is WAY faster than MK4 on any other console. There are a few tiomes you will have WTF moments.
When you knock down an opponant and they get back up and throw you or when they do a massive combo of moves that are not meant to combo thusly leading to them getting a flawless victory. It took me 2 sets of continues before i got good enough to beat it mearcilessly.
Super Dodge Ball - Japanese GBA
It wasn't that hard to finish this off. Just time your A button presses right and you got it. In the Jap version you play against the different territies in Japan. In the US version(and possibly PAL version too) you lpay against Korea, Japan, US, Canada, England, Australia and 1-3 other European countries.

7/20/05[/u] Revolution-X - PSX
This version of the game is MUCH harder to beat than the SNES version IMO. I don't remember the last time i played thru the SNES version alone tho so it could have also been i was short a man Smiley I only got 3 out of 5 wings but i know where the others are i will try agani for those later. My score was 6,486,450. Now all i have left to play/beat is the Genesis and Saturn...
One of my all time favorite games though |D

7/28/05[/u] Gungrave Overdose - PS2
Was a pretty damn good run n gun game if you ask me. It implemented some things into the game i have never seen else where.(or atleast don't remember seeing elsewhere) I only beat it with Grave which unlocked Juji Kabane and Rocketbilly something-or-other. They are making or already did a anime based of the game which i also want to look into. The story was good too and seeing it expounded upon would be excellent.

8/02/05[/u] Mortal Kombat - SNES
I am disheartened to say that overall MK on SNES is beter than on Genesis. It has better controlls, better graphics, better sounds(for the most part). I didn't like that Goro had different moves(i think he was actually just missing one) I didn't like that Scorpion said "Come Here!"("Get Over Here!"  is just to engrained in me) Giving the SNES version infinate continues makes it WAY easier too. The AI seemed stupider too. You can get the AI stuck in a loop of knocking them down incapacitating them knocking them down and incapacitating them while they are getting up again. Kano and Rayden can go into the ball/lunge though so don't sweep kick forever if it is your preferred cheapo technique Wink

8/19/05[/u] Mortal Kombat - Gameboy
Beat it on the way to my dads house.
I don't understand why i couldn't beat Goro before and i had trouble with the Pairs matches before.
I got a flawless victory on Goro and didn't get 1 game over on my way thru. I was probably trying to rush the moves before whre as this time i payed attention to the natural game lag. Which sucks i migth add.

8/22/05[/u] Pac-Man Collection - GBA
This game was very enjoyable. The arcade Pac-Man was a great port and you could play it full screen or scrolling which was cool to be able to chose.
Pac-Man Arrangement was challening and had a cool new take on the Pac-Man, Pac-Mania I didn't really enjoyed all that much to be honest. And my alltime favorite Pac Attack. Another challenging and cool take on the Pac-Man series. Which i always loved i might add Smiley

8/24/05[/u] Final Fight One - GBA
This game gets very challenging on the later levels. I have almost all of the unlockables now. Just need the alternate costumes and "turbo button" and i am only a hundred or so kills from one of those.

8/29/05[/u] Burnout 3: Takedown - PS2
I didn't get 100% yet but i have completed all of the races and unlocked nearly everything. Just need to get a gold on some races.

8/29/05[/u] War Gods - N64
IMO a pretty good 3d fighter. The graphics where kinda iffy but it had decent fighting and all the characters were pretty well balanced. Was kinda easy though.

9/17/05 Crazy Taxi - DC
Beat the Crazy Box mode and almost got the highest liscense title in arcade mode. I beat this on PS2 before. The game is pretty glitchy but that is what gives it its charm. Besides it is the only game of its type so it is clearly the best of its type aswell Smiley

9/26/05[/u] RC de Go! - PSX
This game was pretty easy in the early levels because it really takes no skill to max out your vehicle and win the races that way.
But the last 4 races are actually rather challenging even if you are good with your vehicle and have amazing parts on it(you will only win these with the best parts) The game was suprisingly good. I bought it 2+ years ago on a whim.

10/8/05[/u] Alien Hominid - GCN
This game was tons of fun. I highly reccomend it to everyone. It wasn't very long but it has a "charm" to it.
It can very challenging. Do not expect to beat any level on one life. No matter how good you think you are. And for other levels don't expect to beat them on one continue Wink

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2005, 05:07:23 AM »

YES!!!! My list was longer than the message body would allow |D

10/14/05[/u] Dead Or Alive 3 - Xbox
This was a surprisingly good fighting game. They trie to make the stories intertwine to add depth but when i played thru i thought it would have been better to show more than the same scene again for both characters involved.

11/25/05[/u] Kung Fu Chaos - Xbox
This game is alot of fun. Some parts can be pretty challenging but over all the game isn't too hard or too easy and it pokes fun at alot of things. Just a really great game all around. Beat it 100% Haven't played it much multiplayer though.

12/04/05 Metal Slug 3 - Xbox
SUCH a hard game. But sooo much fun. I hate sharing continues. I only beat it on easy so far. I am so weak.

12/26/05[/u] Wario Ware: Touched! - DS
This game is alot of fun. Very quick fast paced. Especially the Gnarly Mix at the end. Speeds up all the puzzles like 10x faster.

??/??/05[/u] 10 Yard Fight - NES
Beat the below modes - 8/4/05[/u]
High School 28 to 14
College 21 to 14
Professional 14 to 0
To be continued....
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 07:08:46 AM by IZRET101 » Logged

Silent_shadow
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2005, 01:30:16 AM »

Half life blue shift -Dreamcast
I never completed the original half-life but i did completed this one in just 3/4 hours. Shocked
This game is just so easy and fails as an add on in mine eyes.
*Please don't ask me how i got this game for the dc hehe.*

Star wars episode III revenge of the sith -Ds
Also an very easy game wich i completed in a few hours with both characters.

Shenmue -Dreamcast
I never played this game before so i was expecting a sort of revolution but...i was disapointed. Mine first letdown where the voices who where translated into english for the pal version of this games and i can only say that i still have nightmare's about that. yuck
Another thing was the environment it was just too small. In an hour i khew the whole neverhoud!
But there where also good things about this game like the relaxing music.
Too bad that the story just gets interesting from cd 3. Letdown.Sad

I don't remember the dates sorry.

BigJim
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2005, 08:01:13 AM »

Errrrm Well i have nnot got times and dates but here goes...

Resident Evil 4 (Finished twice) GC

D    Saturn

D2  DC

Rent a Hero No.1 DC

GUN Xbox

Rocky Legends GC, Xbox

Dark Watch Xbox

Halo 2 Xbox

Splatter House 3 MD

MK Deception xbox

MK Deadley Alliance  xbox

MGS 3 ps2

errrrm im sure there is more but i just cant remember these are the ones that are the most important
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2005, 07:17:23 PM »

looks like we can wrap this one up. Ianyone beats anything in next hour feel free to add it. we can then lock this thread and star a new one for 06.

only 5 games completed for me. pretty weak, should be easy to top that mark in 2006.

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2006, 02:26:49 AM »

four for me.  

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length