RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:45:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | A Strange Copy Of JUNGLE STRIKE SNES PLEASE HELP!!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Strange Copy Of JUNGLE STRIKE SNES PLEASE HELP!!!!  (Read 1303 times)
ericmm
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: October 10, 2012, 02:56:43 PM »

Okay. Flea Market Goodness. I picked Up Sim Earth, and what you see in the picture. Who can tell me what this is? Is it a demo? A Beta? Prototype? It plays just like the normal game. No time limits. I opened up the cart and the ROM was kinda small. Any advice, about what this or the value?
Thanks,
-ericmm

* Picture 294.jpg (69.8 KB, 640x480 - viewed 172 times.)
ericmm
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 02:57:23 PM »

Here is some better photos!

* Picture 293.jpg (71 KB, 640x480 - viewed 176 times.)

* Picture 295.jpg (76.13 KB, 640x480 - viewed 180 times.)
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »

A quick Google search found this.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 03:19:21 PM »

I suppose it could be a prototype, but it doesn't really look like it to me, though I'm far from an expert on prototypes. Instead, it looks like the original label was destroyed at some point in the cartridge's life and someone stuck a homemade label on it. Maybe something like these: http://www.staples.com/Av...3-inch-x-3/product_538504
However, an image of the board inside the game is the real evidence as to whether its a prototype or not. If you could scan it at a quality where the words on the board are readable, I'm sure someone here will be able to tell 100% if its just a re-label, prototype or something else.

You can ignore this, mumboking killed my theory.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:23:54 PM by NES_Rules » Logged

ericmm
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »

So it's just something common? Any value idea? This helped on my track, but doesn't fully answer my question. THANK YOU TO MUMBOKING!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 04:44:15 PM »

If I remember correctly, rarity on those was "supposedly" R7 from the NA guys. Value, however, I don't remember being very high. The games they're based off are cheap commons.

ericmm
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 05:09:47 PM »

Shadow Kisuragi,
Rarity 7 Makes Sense. I didn't find that on Nintendo Age . com, but that sounds about right.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length