RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:09:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | International Play Your Vectrex Day (November 1) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: International Play Your Vectrex Day (November 1)  (Read 32115 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2013, 03:46:05 PM »

Not going to happen for me today Sad Between being at the store until 8pm and then going to my night shift at 10:30pm I have zero minutes to dedicate to my poor Vectrex today. Next year.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2013, 03:48:51 PM »

Not going to happen for me today Sad Between being at the store until 8pm and then going to my night shift at 10:30pm I have zero minutes to dedicate to my poor Vectrex today. Next year.

Should've brought the Vectrex to work for everyone else to enjoy Play Your Vectrex Day! I wish I would've.

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2013, 07:08:51 PM »

Should've brought the Vectrex to work for everyone else to enjoy Play Your Vectrex Day! I wish I would've.

Yeah someone did that last year.  Hell, they could still upload the scores that they promised and I'd still take them!

Sorry to hear that crabmaster.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2013, 11:30:29 PM »

Boy it can be hard to get good pictures of a Vectrex. The Wife and I played Minestorm and Solar Quest. Only briefly, but we had fun!

[img width=700 height=776]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2809/10620458983_98dda6cfb2_o.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=798]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7452/10620224496_86320564c6_o.jpg[/img]

I think we spent as much time trying to get pictures to turn out halfway decent as we did playing games. These were the best two   Undecided
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2013, 11:40:29 AM »

Cool.  Did you want me to:

1. Add your name to the list of participants on the wiki page?  And would it be this handle here, your real name or something else?
2. Add the pictures?
3. Any scores or links of yours (YouTube, Twitter, etc.) to add?

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2013, 12:03:50 PM »

1. You can put me down as nupoile. I am on the list from last year too if that matters.

2. Sure. Sorry they are blurry.

3. Ha! We didn't play long enough to get any good scores. I think last year you linked to my profile page, you can do that or just mention regeneration.

What did you play?
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2013, 12:56:03 PM »

1. You can put me down as nupoile. I am on the list from last year too if that matters.

Yeah that was probably the one I did last year with your account linked to here (just being too lazy to look right now Tongue ).

2. Sure. Sorry they are blurry.

That's ok, one of mine didn't come out real well either.

3. Ha! We didn't play long enough to get any good scores.

That doesn't matter, as not everyone posts them anyhow.

What did you play?

Star Trek and Mine Storm, the latter of which was good in several ways, due to having one of the later edition U. S. Vectrexes with it that goes well past Mine Field 13.  I included a photo of the "Space Forces" present in that version (they float around like the regular "dumb Mines" but are spaceships actually...or something).  That led to quite a bit of talk on my gaming forums, as well as my planning on digging out the extra instruction sheet (just a page) on my version of the game so I can take a photo of it and put it up later (bumping up another old topic in regards to rare Vectrex paperwork).  So some of this ended up being educational for quite a few people!

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2013, 03:43:33 PM »

So, you have Mine Storm II?

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2013, 03:49:02 PM »

I played the one we have at work for a bit today.
[img width=700 height=936]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/03/qehu7uhe.jpg[/img][img width=700 height=522]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/03/a9ydedu8.jpg[/img]

Now your playing with power!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2013, 04:47:05 PM »

As someone who doesn't own a Vectrex, here is my Bil-O-Meter rating on this "International Play Your Vectrex Day" thing:

[img width=110 height=96]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/MadBil_zps96feb814.jpg[/img] OH SURE JUST SHOVE IT IN THE FACES OF THE HAVE-NOTS YOU ELITIST B@ST@RDS WHY DONT YOU JUST TAKE YOUR FAVORITE VECTREX GAME CARTRIDGE AND CHOKE TO DEATH ON IT YOU SCUMB@GS DIE DIE DIE DIE FRICKIN' DIE A SLOW PAINFUL DEATH EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU HOPEFULLY WITH CANCER OR AIDS OKAY MAYBE NOT AIDS BUT DEFINITELY CANCER CUZ THATS WHAT YOU DESERVE*

*Rating subject to change in the event the rater acquires a Vectrex of his own
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2013, 05:06:56 PM »

When is International Buy RetroRage a Vectrex day?

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2013, 06:40:04 PM »

When is International Buy RetroRage a Vectrex day?

November 31st.
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2013, 06:45:55 PM »

So, you have Mine Storm II?

No, just a later edition of Mine Storm.

Very funny Zagnorch!  I know of others who feel the same way Smiley But then, no one forced you to click on this thread...no face shoving here!

Nupoile, added your stuff to the page.

Dergatron9000
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2013, 01:03:07 PM »

I've been wanting to buy a vectrex but I'm scared the monitor will shit the bed as soon as I buy it.
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2014, 02:49:01 PM »

It's going again for November 1st!

http://vectrex.wikia.com/...nal_Play_Your_Vectrex_Day

The page will be updated soon (probably by Tuesday), although it has the same rules as the other two previous days: just supply your name and the game(s) you played on that day and that's it!  And this year it's on the weekend, so that's an added bonus.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length