RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:57:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | building an API 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: building an API  (Read 1924 times)
kal9000
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: November 09, 2012, 04:50:35 PM »

Hey everyone, it's my first post!

I came here looking to see what sort of video game databases exist and I'm really impressed! I thought GiantBomb's DB was pretty cool, but you guys seem to have a lot more quantity, though perhaps not as much detail in some areas. Different purposes I guess.. Anyways, I am a developer and I'd love to be able to build some apps based on the info in this DB.. Maybe a mobile checklist, something like that. Does anyone know if there are plans to open the API, or if anyone who runs this is reading here, would you be interested in some help getting that up and running?

Cheers,
-Kal
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 06:21:44 PM »

TheGrue has already been working on an android app for RFG for quite some time, you can check it out here: http://www.rfgeneration.c...um/index.php?topic=8931.0 . i'm not sure how well one platform ports to another if you wanted to work with him to make it available on other mobile systems, but he would be the one to talk to about that. and the site admins too of course Tongue .
kal9000
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 06:31:29 PM »

Oh awesome, thanks for the help! I'm reached out to theGrue.

And hail Canada! I'm from Toronto myself. Sucks about the lockout Wink
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 08:02:13 PM »

The API that we're working on is mostly to facilitate our own development applications, but I don't believe we're ready to share and support other developers and applications at this time. We barely have the development staff available to keep the site running at times.

kal9000
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 07:21:18 PM »

Cool, well if you're looking for help with the site let me know, I'm an experienced developer and may be able to lend a hand.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length