RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:29:38 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | RF Generation Secret Santa 2012!!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Secret Santa 2012!!!!  (Read 63079 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: November 12, 2012, 05:53:38 PM »

UPDATE 12/31
If you haven't received your package yet, please send an email to rfgensanta@gmail.com so Santa can check on your package.

UPDATE 12/4
The cutoff date has passed.  Every user who has filled out and returned the form has been matched with another user.

UPDATE 11/26
Several users have still not returned their completed forms to Santa.  If Santa doesn't get the completed form in time, you simply can't be matched up.  THE CUTOFF DATE IS NOV 30th.  If your letter is not received by Santa by Nov 30th, Santa cannot guarantee that you will be able to participate.

UPDATE 11/20
If you have a specific question for your match, let me know and I will have Santa contact them to get the question answered in order to maintain your anonymity.

PRO TIP-  If you are looking for a specific item for your match, check to see if another member has it in a sale thread or in their For Sale/Trade list.  That way you can work out a deal where that person sends the item directly to your match.

Please read this entire post

It's Secret Santa time again!  Here is how the RF Generation Secret Santa 2012 works:

-Send an email to rfgensanta@gmail.com with your RFGen username in the Subject line and Santa will send you the form you need to fill out.

-You will respond to the email filling out each segment of the form including your rfgen name, real name, address, etc. There is field in the email that will ask if you are willing to ship to a member outside of your country.  We know it's a little more expensive but we have a number of international members that shouldn't be excluded from the festivities so please remember how sad Crabby and the other Canadians will be if you say that you can't ship across borders.

The most important part of the email is your letter to Santa.  You must write your list of wants in the form of a letter to Santa Claus.

example:

Santa,
My Sega collection is always in need of help. If you could find it in your heart to send me a 32X game or 2, complete with box and instruction manual, it would certainly make my Christmas. I'm trying to put together a collection for archiving purposes, so no damaged articles. If you're unable to find any 32X games that I'm missing, I'd be more than happy to add to my other ailing Sega collections.

Thanks again, Santa

-The MINIMUM value of the items you must send to your Secret Santa is $20. You may give more if you choose, but $20 is the minimum.  There have been issues in years past with people feeling a little short changed so if you are unsure about what you are sending, give a little more, after all, it’s Christmas!

Within about a week, you will receive the info for the member you are Santa to.
EDIT-11/16:
Santa will start sending Secret Santa info out today and tomorrow.  You MAY STILL SIGN UP if you wish to participate.

Please make sure that your collection on RFGeneration is up to date so that you don’t get something that you already own.

Please post pics of the Secret Santa items that you receive in this thread.  Remember to wait until Christmas morning to open your presents Wink

Secret Santa 2012 participating members:

*=form sent.  If you don't see an asterisk, make sure that you sent an email to rfgensanta@gmail.com
bold=Santa has received your completed form, no further action needed

Arrngrim-
Barracuda-
bickman2k
brittneydc
burningtoys-
Crabmaster2000-
cvers-
Deadman-
den68-
diedraneous
douglie007-
Duke.Togo-
Fleach-
InvadErGII-
Izret101-
Joeph-
kal9000
KidA
kwvintgegmes
noiseredux-
Pop Culture Portal-
Out-Of-Ammo-
RetroRage-
russlyman-
Shadow Kisuragi-
singlebanana-
slackur-
Techie413-
techwizard
Tynstar-
Wempster-
wildbil52-
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:12:35 PM by wildbil52 » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 06:14:11 PM »

Stickied. Thanks for helping to organize it this year.
I'm definitely in.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 06:31:25 PM »

I'm in! Last year was fun!

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 06:38:44 PM »

I'm in. Smiley

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 06:49:09 PM »

That reminds me...need to dig up the Santa account.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 06:53:20 PM »

I love these, I'm so in. What date are we getting our partners? If I decide to get something shipped to me and then send it out to my partner (possibly both to and from the states) it can take a while, so as much time before X-Mas as possible would be ideal.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 06:55:32 PM »

That's why I mentioned the date of Dec. 5th. Canada mail takes 1-2 weeks normally, which allows for 1 week padding due to holidays. It worked out fine with that date for Scott.

deadman, you better sign up so you can mysteriously receive something from me as a thank you gift for last year.  Tongue

Also, can one of the DB Editor+ guys create a new forum for Secret Santa when we're all ready to go, like the April Fools forums?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:00:10 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 07:39:48 PM »

What date are we getting our partners?

It depends on how quickly Santa gets his letters back from the participants and how many people participate but I'm hoping to have everything squared away by the end of November.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 07:58:11 PM »

Sounds great!

I know I'm still fairly new here, but can I participate in this? I think we've got a great community here who really support each other.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 08:09:57 PM »

Sounds great!

I know I'm still fairly new here, but can I participate in this? I think we've got a great community here who really support each other.

Of course you can!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 09:02:55 PM »

Sounds great!

Sure, but the lower the post count the less we have to spend on you :p

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 09:14:04 PM »

Sounds great!

What's the system? 1 cent per post? Looks like I'm getting a sports game with label damage.  shrug

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 10:44:14 PM »

Sounds great!

does that mean your secret santa will be forced to send you another Stadium Events, or maybe an Air Raid, mr 5300 posts XD

edit: also i'm in too just have to send the email. just re-read the rules, so the initial email just needs the subject as "RF Generation Secret Santa 2012", no body message, and then you write your "letter to santa" wishlist along with the form you get in reply to the initial email? this is my first time doing this too Smiley
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:48:44 PM by techwizard » Logged
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 10:53:44 PM »

The Banana is officially in. Love this, thanks for organizing it.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 11:40:10 PM »

I would hope that we could have the letters in and the assignments done by the 26th, as that would allow for ~10 days to find something for someone international.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length