RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:01:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Youtube subscribers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Youtube subscribers  (Read 4082 times)
renegadeviking
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« on: January 01, 2013, 08:43:05 AM »

I have a Youtube channel with 6 subscribers.  Not to be mean, but I am waiting for comments the other channels have in full force and take for granted.  Nobody yet tells me how to improve the channel so I get more "likes"!   be the first one.

http://www.youtube.com/us...negadeviking?feature=mhee

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:45:20 AM by renegadeviking » Logged
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 05:00:50 PM »

I would suggest not posting your collection link in other threads when it's completely unnecessary. That's just spamming and is totally not the way to earn subscribers.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
renegadeviking
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 01:14:30 PM »

collection link in other threads (what threads)?

Don't I display the RF collection

Do I need to reply with a videos to subsribers collection pickups or is there a better approach like top 20 lists?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:21:36 PM by renegadeviking » Logged
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 02:55:20 PM »

I don't use youtube.

Acer Linux Mint 14.1 351 views | 1 week ago
Is by far your most popular video.

Based on the titles of your videos i am going to assume there really isn't much in them to draw people to you.
Unless i actually know or have interacted with someone i am not going to watch a video of them showing me the things they got during a month.

I certainly have no desire to watch someone list of their Top Xthings for insertwhatever here.

You have offered no content to separate you from the 548953million other youtube accounts. If you are part of communities and/or become a part of a community that might help you increase viewers but not when you just jump in and beg for it.

If people get to know you and like you they might check your stuff out. Personally if you are going to just make videos about "hey this is what i got blah blah blah" just post it in a thread with pictures and comments. Like our Small scores thread Wink

For example RFGenners i can remember that have youtube accounts:
Crabby  - your an awesome guy. I have watched maybe 2 of your youtube vids.
SirPsycho - i have watched exactly 1 of yours because you were talking about your special guest in chat and i wanted to see it.
Redd - 1 maybe? definitely part of the live play of the Jag game

Me liking/knowing a person does not mean i am going to watch all their shit. But me knowing they put a vid up might spark me to watch it like it did in those few instances where my interest was piqued

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 06:48:28 PM »

Ha! I got twice as many views out of Izret as Redd and Psycho!!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 07:12:06 PM »

Noooooo

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 12:59:25 AM »

collection link in other threads (what threads)?

Don't I display the RF collection

Do I need to reply with a videos to subsribers collection pickups or is there a better approach like top 20 lists?

i think he meant your youtube channel link, not collection link...you were jumping into topics advertising your youtube channel when it had nothing to do with what the topic was about. as far as i know there's nothing wrong with posting about it here or in the other media section, in your own topic. just don't hijack other people's topics for what is essentially spam.
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 01:56:55 AM »

Hey I think I'll chime in here.
I started my channel a while ago and didn't really upload too many videos. I'm up to about 90 subscribers. I have gotten a ton more in the last few months. Some tips

I always do video responses to other people's videos that are similar to mine. I do game pick up/ game hunting videos.

Try to add more then just I sitting there talking. I often watch other pick up videos and get bored. Something has to go on.
It helps in editing.

Get some screen shoots of game play. Or have cool game music in the background.

Hope this helps. Feel free to watch my channel for ideas.

Channel-RussLyman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (sweet!)

Now your playing with power!
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 01:59:42 PM »

The best way to get views is to do something unique. My most viewed video has over 10,000 views, even though its just a "fix your NES' 72 pin connector" type video, I did something very few (or no one else) had done, and that's show an extreme close up of how to actually bend the pins, which every other video just glances over.
So find something unique, and keep doing it. Eventually the viewers will come in. No one starts out on YouTube with thousands of subscribers, they all started with 0.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 05:58:49 PM »

Not to be mean, Crab, but a lot of those are me.  I've been using your Othello video as an anti-insomnia tool for about a week now.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 06:53:37 PM »

Not to be mean, Crab, but a lot of those are me.  I've been using your Othello video as an anti-insomnia tool for about a week now.

You made Izret watch my Othello vid when he couldn't sleep! Nice!! Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 10:02:57 PM »

Does it count as another view everytime i hit REPLAY?
SO MUCH OTHELLO!

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 01:41:52 AM »

I swear by it.  Papa Crab's sleeping tonic.  Better than anything I've ever used, and that includes Star Trek The Motion Picture.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 01:46:54 AM »

Not to be mean, Crab, but a lot of those are me.  I've been using your Othello video as an anti-insomnia tool for about a week now.

I swear by it.  Papa Crab's sleeping tonic.  Better than anything I've ever used, and that includes Star Trek The Motion Picture.

I wish I was good at photoshop so I could do up a mock "Papa Crab's Sleeping Tonic - now with 50% more Othello". LMAO thats awesome!

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 04:11:37 AM »

i had to check out the othello video to see what the fuss was about Wink. i don't see how this helps people to sleep, all it does it make me annoyed at seeing better moves than the ones you're playing  laugh
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length