RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 07:58:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Controller cabinet of shame - organizing controllers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Controller cabinet of shame - organizing controllers  (Read 9286 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2013, 08:26:27 PM »

Hey guys, I figured this would fit in here and I have probably brought this up before, but for anyone that collects CIB NES games, what do you guys use for shelving/storage?  I would really like to see pics.  Even if you don't collect CIB, please chime in.  I am looking into buying some shelves/book cases.
If you put them on their side, they essentially take up the same space as a cart, except you need a deeper shelf. I built the shelf I use mainly for NES games and its a bit deeper than an NES cart, so the boxes stick out about an inch, but it beats keeping them upright and not being able to get as many on a shelf.

Click it for a larger view.

nice shelf unit! i'd like to someday get something like that...maybe a little taller spacing between shelves though. i get what you're saying about putting them on their side for the boxed games, but i don't have nearly enough games in my collection to really need to do that yet.
The shelves on mine are adjustable in inch increments.
When I started designing that, it was large enough to fit my entire collection, now you see how much it holds.

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2013, 08:59:10 PM »

You wouldn't happen to have your original designs would you?

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2013, 10:06:45 PM »

I know I do, just don't know where they would be. And the final result is probably completely different from any of my designs anyway. If you do do adjustable shelves, get a piece of pegboard, put it where you want the holes and clamp it into place, then just go down a line of holes with a drill. Perfectly straight and even holes every time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length