RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:16:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 12 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 12  (Read 32764 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2013, 08:47:57 PM »

If you want to wear dresses, we'll still be happy to take your money.

I'm pretty sure there are laws against that kinda thing.

BTW what kinda depraved shiznit are you into, anyway?
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2013, 09:58:26 PM »

Bil wastes his sports references on it. And trust me, I don't take responsibility for anything those two guys have to say Wink

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2013, 10:00:14 PM »

Umm...

[img width=700 height=282]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/RazorKnuckles/hgt_zpsc5de40ca.png[/img]

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2013, 10:07:44 PM »

At least he embraces it.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2013, 07:51:49 AM »

A week or two since this episode has aired other Odyssey 2 collectors have emerged out of the woodwork and a boxed system and complete games are now available at a local flea market. Nupoile, what have you done?!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 08:27:32 AM by Fleach » Logged

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2013, 08:30:09 AM »

Bil wastes his sports references on it. And trust me, I don't take responsibility for anything those two guys have to say Wink

Perhaps it's time to audition some new co-hosts?

There's a fresh crop of O^2 enthusiasts to choose from, you know.

Speaking of which:

A week since this episode has aired other Odyssey 2 collectors have emerged out of the woodwork and a boxed system and complete games are now available at a local flea market. Nupoile, what have you done?!

He's joined the ever-increasing ranks of O^2 owners who will, one day soon, overwhelm RF Generation with our invincible army of sheer awesomeness! And when that day comes, we'll make you sorry you ever dissed our beloved system!  evilhappy

Umm...
[img width=700 height=282]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/RazorKnuckles/hgt_zpsc5de40ca.png[/img]

And it's just for you, Razor Knuckles... just for you.

No one else can watch me... no one else. [img width=320 height=180]http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/UXNXxbe7W6k/mqdefault.jpg[/img]

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2013, 09:30:39 AM »

A week since this episode has aired other Odyssey 2 collectors have emerged out of the woodwork and a boxed system and complete games are now available at a local flea market. Nupoile, what have you done?!

He's joined the ever-increasing ranks of O^2 owners who will, one day soon, overwhelm RF Generation with our invincible army of sheer awesomeness! And when that day comes, we'll make you sorry you ever dissed our beloved system!  evilhappy

Not to worry people! This will be the nicest takeover ever! We are going to make things more exciting!!! And, life will be so much easier as there will be handles on everything!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2013, 12:22:07 PM »

Hey i got a mention again Grin
Game Gaveling so i got a chance to finally sit down and listen to it.

EDIT
FALSE
On the old Pokemons you could trade your pokemon from game to game to game if you wanted.
Trading from Red/Yellow/Blue to Gold/Silver/Crystal would cause some pokemon to actually end up holding items which was not something the older games had as a feature.

Not sure what has gone on since the series moved to the DS.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:40:36 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2013, 11:02:28 PM »

EDIT
FALSE
On the old Pokemons you could trade your pokemon from game to game to game if you wanted.
Trading from Red/Yellow/Blue to Gold/Silver/Crystal would cause some pokemon to actually end up holding items which was not something the older games had as a feature.

OK, this is interesting. Was there an import feature you would use with multiple Game Boys and the link cable?

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2013, 11:45:58 PM »

EDIT
FALSE

OK, this is interesting. Was there an import feature you would use with multiple Game Boys and the link cable?

you went into a pokemon center and they had a room which was essentially the multiplayer menu, where you could either trade pokemon via link cable, or battle them against your friend's. i think the item thing was just in gold/silver and maybe later games where while doing a normal pokemon trade sometimes a pokemon would be holding an item when you recieved it.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2013, 11:51:09 PM »

So would the transferred Pokemon keep their level, or would you just unlock it and have to level it again in the new game?

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2013, 12:01:57 AM »

it kept it's level, it was a trade of the exact pokemon you had, there weren't any sort of "unlocking" of pokemon Tongue. every pokemon could be uniquely named too, and even that was transferred over.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2013, 11:46:38 AM »

So would the transferred Pokemon keep their level, or would you just unlock it and have to level it again in the new game?

Would keep its level.

As Crabby mentioned the games had(still has?) much more depth than anyone who has not played them would expect.

I get the urge to play through them from time to time but then i think about how many thousands of hours i already put into them and decide against it lol

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2013, 05:08:02 PM »

I'm really glad i didn't get into pokemon.  That and WoW

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2013, 06:16:14 PM »

I'm really glad i didn't get into pokemon.  That and WoW

At the height of its popularity, I saw first-hand the damage that Pokemon did to people of all ages.

The selfishness, the anger over not getting a holofoil card in a pack, the downright weirdness of the sizable basement-dwelling-fanboy segment... it was just horrible.

I still have occasional nightmares of those dreadful days.

It's a big reason why I got into gaming; it's helped to deaden the emotional pain of those dark times.

'Course, if you want to experience real emotional damage, try spending an afternoon with several Warhammer 40k enthusiasts as they play a battle out. After doing that, you'll get down on your knees and pray for a nuclear holocaust.

But enough of my rose-colored happy-go-lucky outlook on life. How are you doing?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length