RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:10:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Community Playthrough - Batman Arkham Asylum 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Community Playthrough - Batman Arkham Asylum  (Read 20204 times)
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2013, 12:07:02 AM »

I just reached the fight with Bane. Let's just say I'm not as good a video gamer as I thought. I'm getting my Bat kicked! (see what I did there Wink)

Is the checkpoint after this battle?

If you need help, let us know Fleach!
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2013, 10:43:08 AM »

I gave the fight a rest and will tackle it fresh today.

My current strategy is to stun Bane then land a few punches. When Joker sends out the goons I just run around and let Bane take out the distractions. It's a slow method but it seems to he working. I'll get it soon enough.

Looks like I've got some catching up to do.

Yeah, great thing we're not playing Dark Souls!

UPDATE

I'm catching up now. Wasted Bane... finally! I thought Scarecrow and the nightmare scene was very creepy and awesome. I got a bit of an Alan Wake vibe there.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 09:02:35 PM by Fleach » Logged

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2013, 08:20:27 AM »

Next Check Point added on first post.

@Fleach - Glad you made it through Bane! Its pretty important to be able to handle that fight since the Titan enemies (which you have already encountered) are pretty much Bane clones.

So now that you've (hopefully) reached the Botanical Gardens we've got yet another Super Villain added to the mix with Poison Ivy. Like a few other classic Batman story arcs he is getting run through a gauntlet of baddies. Joker's plan should more or less be laid out for you now so its just a matter of actually figuring out how to stop him now.

Fleach mentioned being a bit behind the pace. How are the rest of you guys finding the checkpoints? Are they too long?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2013, 03:36:13 PM »

Don't worry about me - I'll be bringing up the rear always nipping at your heels. My schedule is kind of erratic and I don't always have time to plug through a game. The pacing of the checkpoints is quite good actually. They're set up nicely to practically make chapters for the game.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »

i didn't finish yet but that's because i was busy this weekend and i found someone to play Age of Empires 2 HD with online so i've been putting a lot of time into that. i'm right at the point before you get into the gardens though so it won't take me long to catch up.
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2013, 03:45:54 PM »

I've been keeping up, other games have failed in keeping my attention as of late. Gonna start the new section with dinner here.
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2013, 11:42:54 PM »

Already past checkpoint 3, and playing Persona 4 to stop myself going nuts in the meantime Smiley
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2013, 09:16:39 AM »

Already past checkpoint 3, and playing Persona 4 to stop myself going nuts in the meantime Smiley

Oh man, Persona 4 is soooooo good. You're blasting through some fantastic games right now.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2013, 02:14:13 PM »

This game is growing on me. I'm starting to really enjoy how Joker is always one step ahead of Batman and the gloomy aesthetic is great!

At the current moment I'm in the Greenhouse rescuing the guards from the control deck type room (whichever room is after the flooded corridor). Sneaking around, hanging from gargoyles, grappling around the rafters is all a lot of fun. This game is definitely entertaining, even though I'm a little indifferent when it comes to superhero games.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2013, 09:55:44 PM »

I can't get back into it. Bioshock put me into a sort of introspective funk towards gaming. I may come back and play a night to power back up to where you guys are one of these weeks.

When shall his new form be revealed?
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2013, 01:48:00 AM »

just exited the gardens after my first time in there, i'll continue the rest of this week's checkpoint later. really happy about all the gadgets i've got now, feels like i'll be much less restricted.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2013, 10:59:01 AM »

I'm up to the checkpoint.  Current stats:

Challenges: 50%
Riddles: 189/240
Upgrades: 17/20
Character Bios: 40/42
Completed: 67%
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2013, 09:50:58 PM »

Look out guys, I hit this week's checkpoint one day ahead of time!

When I reached the hallway to Killer Croc's lair and the game "glitched" I thought the disc had problems. But nope, old Scarecrow was up to no good again. The scene with Batman being wheeled into the asylum had me on the edge of my seat. I'm loving the hallucination sequences; they're so well done.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2013, 05:36:23 PM »

just hit this week's checkpoint too! really enjoying the game so far, also that glitch part freaked me out because i wasn't expecting it and i thought my system broke LOL.
Progress:
challenges: 0%
riddles: 159/240
upgrades: 14/20
character bios: 36/42
completed: 53%
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2013, 04:37:08 AM »

The "Glitch" was well-played (reminiscent of Eternal Darkness).  My PS3 makes noises when I play Disgaea 3 so I was well-spooked!!

I also liked how every now and then Batman would briefly appear as Scarecrow.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 04:40:00 AM by Raidou » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length